Hey Folks,

I have created a sourceforge.net page for my first Blackberry application. It is a simple tip calculator that I used to learn how to write a simple BB Application.

Since there is a tip calculator on BB App World, which is getting downloads, for $6 I am sure someone might want this one. Besides, it is completely free and open source.

This is my first application release so I do not not know for sure that everything needed to rebuild the application is present. However, I believe it is. Either way, check it out, use it, improve it, whatever. If anything is missing, please let me know and I will correct it.

Also, this has only been tested on an 8330 Curve with OS 4.5. If it works on others, please let me know.

You can download the zip, which includes source files, at the link below.
    SourceForge.net: TipCalcBB

Thanks
    Last edited by jmlowes; 04-11-09 at 09:56 PM.
    04-11-09 09:41 PM
    Is there an OTA link?

The following does not work anymore:

www.berryreview.com/ota/TipCalcBB/TipCalcBB.jad

Gone are the days when we should use Desktop Manager to load apps
    09-11-09 02:39 PM
    I just tested the link and it is working for me.
    09-11-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks, I've just used your code to get myself started on BB development. It really comes in handy to have an easy starting point.

BTW, since I have a Bold I decided to "solve" your About issue. I added a menu with ABOUT and CLOSE as the 2 options. If you want I can post, or send, the code. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.
    09-16-09 12:51 PM
    I have actually solved that problem. I also implemented the Persistant Store to keep track of info between uses. Hmm. I should post that.
    09-17-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD