Hey all, just got a blackberry today and am trying to learn it all. I understand I can go to the Garmen website and buy a download for the voice activated turn by turn navigation....one of the big concerns I have is I am wondering if this is satellite based or is it off cell phone towers???? Also, would like to know the accuracy of it all. Does anyone know anything about it???

Joe
    04-11-09 04:38 PM
    Missy

Try Googling some reviews of Garmin Blackberry GPS Navigation or something like that. I'm sure more than a few reviews have been done, and they will have the details such as accuracy, turn-by-turn, and ease of use, that you would like to know.
    04-11-09 04:43 PM
    Here is the search results I got off Google:

Garmin Blackberry GPS review - Google Search
    04-11-09 04:44 PM
    I use Garmin GPS nav on my Storm, but according to Handango.com Garmin Mobile is not compatible with the 8330.

Garmin Mobile for US & Canada (Storm, Lifetime of device) : BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Handango
    04-11-09 04:54 PM
    Hey all, just got a blackberry today and am trying to learn it all. I understand I can go to the Garmen website and buy a download for the voice activated turn by turn navigation....one of the big concerns I have is I am wondering if this is satellite based or is it off cell phone towers???? Also, would like to know the accuracy of it all. Does anyone know anything about it???

Joe
    I purchased it and have been using Garmin Mobile on my BB 8900 since February. It is satellite based. In the area (Illinois, USA) that I used, it has been excellent and extremely accurate. Garmin is one of the best applications I have on my devise. Very clear directions. It also provides other valuable information like restaurants, bookstores, gas stations, banks, grocery stores, etc in a selected area.
    04-11-09 05:04 PM
    Garmin Mobile is compatible with the 8330 (I used it on mine). I loved it. Best nav app out there, IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 07:57 PM
    If you decide to get Garmin, you can get it for 20% off if you use the BB Owner's Lounge link.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:23 PM
    I'm on USCC as well, and the Garmin software works very well. It is satellite based and pretty darn accurate.
    04-12-09 07:31 AM
    Garmin is satellite based and is very accurate!
    04-12-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD