Does youtube work without the need of WAP? I have BIS and it wont work unless i use WAP... wondering if there's a way..
    04-11-09 02:53 PM
    I only have BIS and my youtube works fine, it redirects me to m.youtube.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 03:30 PM
    yes but are u using wap? it charges extra for wap so i wouldnt want that...
    04-11-09 03:31 PM
    Would love to know, it's only a matter of time before Vodafone realise all the credit they are refunding on my bill is legit.

04-12-09 09:14 AM
    subscribing..
    04-12-09 11:22 AM
    youtube works fine on BIS plan.
    04-12-09 11:26 AM
    Does youtube work without the need of WAP? I have BIS and it wont work unless i use WAP... wondering if there's a way..

point your internet browser to m.youtube.com
    04-12-09 11:28 AM
    I have to say I expereince very intermittant youtube performance connected over WiFi; sometimes it just doesn't get passed buffering. Over 3G it's consistant.
    04-12-09 11:39 AM
    thing is, you can view the site, but soon as you try to watch a video, you're prompted to switch to WAP which needs you to configure the WAP APN under Options -> TCP.

i have an unlimited monthly BIS plan where anything sent/received under the Blackberry.net APN is covered..
    additional APN connections (needed to stream youtube videos) will need to go through a separate connection that would get me charged per kb

of course this is the case with my provider (in Dubai).. things will vary by provider
    04-12-09 11:43 AM
    Call etisalat or Plugins , i know alot of people from UAE using etisalat BIS and it works great
    04-12-09 12:58 PM
    well IF you guys found a solution tell me. Im facing the same problem with etisalat
    04-12-09 03:36 PM
    seems like the only way is through wap, or to get a BIS package AND another package to include stuff like youtube (streaming videos etc..)
    04-12-09 05:05 PM
    It is not going to work properly, even if you do manage somehow. Streaming video can't work effectively over a proxy solution like BIS.
    04-12-09 11:16 PM
    It is not going to work properly, even if you do manage somehow. Streaming video can't work effectively over a proxy solution like BIS.
    Exactly and that's what a lot of people don't realize. If you want a device that will play youtube videos and that pretty decently, go with the iPhone. The Bold was designed as a work tool, not an overrated gadget.

Chris
    04-12-09 11:56 PM
    Exactly and that's what a lot of people don't realize. If you want a device that will play youtube videos and that pretty decently, go with the iPhone. The Bold was designed as a work tool, not an overrated gadget.

Chris
    I agree. But still, every time I tried to play a video via Wifi it didn't work on my bold ...
    it's frustraiting, that a device this new just has so many issues.
    I saw on youtube that some bold owners CAN play videos directly from m.youtube.com - how is that ?
    04-13-09 01:38 AM
    THe highlighted stuff in red solved my youtube issues for the bold.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/moo...king-3g-81164/
    04-13-09 01:58 AM
    Check out vuclip..a youtube alternative.

04-22-09 08:28 AM
    Guys,
    1. The TCP setting which was suppose to be blackberry.net doesnt work for you tube streaming as the bb cannot establish a connection. The correct APN for etisalat is " etisalat.ae " and ofcourse they will charge you.
    2. If you try to tether your BB and use the following settings for ur modem " +cgdont=1,"IP"," blackberry.net" it wont work unless u replace it with etisalat.ae. Still this will charge you big time.
    I have done a test of downloading 10Mb on etisalat network and apperantly it charged me around 200AED (2fils per 1 KB, u do the math).
    theirs no way on earth to work out the BIS as an unlimited data package.
    Speaking to etisalat customer ****y service, according to them even using 3G will also have some charges which i belive its bull crap, cuz if ur subscribed on BIS then u'll have the 4 dots logo beside the 3G.
    Etisalat is claiming that it would charge extra for third party softwares not supported by them such as Operah. I'm not sure about it yet. However, one of the service books that etisalat send is Internet Browsing, so i believe that anything that goes through this service book will be through BIS. Some softwares such as google maps and Operah doesnt show that type of connectivity but on the other hand gives u the choice of " Http or Socks" connection. Does http means connecting through the same browser settings of the BIS or not? cuz if it does then these softwares should be free of charge interms of data connectivity.
    Dont bother asking etisalat cuz they dont know anything.
    If anybody knows anything about these issues please post it for the others...i'm kinda confused if they do actually charge for these applications or not whether on 3G or 2G?
    05-04-09 02:58 AM
    I can play youtube videos over wap nut not wifi< any reason why??
    05-04-09 05:28 AM
    Bashar, 3g on etisalat via a Bis plan remains free! Afterall, they advertise the phone with 3g!
    Funny thing though, 3g and 2g speeds r the same on our bold! I get better connectivity with selecting
    2g only!
    Opera and google maps r free, I been using them for months now with no extra charges!
    I'm tryin to edit a service book, wap2 transport, I believe this is what's holding us back from watching youtube,
    The gateway ip and apn on that service book are blank and wrong info. I'm not really understanding how
    To edit the service book, I already have it extracted from the backup!!

05-09-09 07:40 PM
    09-06-16 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD