Stopped in verizon today to be the loyal cystomer that i am and pay my bill, so while i was there i asked the same question everyone else in here has asked. "when is the new OS coming out for the Storm?" i got a very simple answer, ready for this

we dont know when the new os will be out but you should just go on crackberry or another site and download a leak or a hybrid version and see if they work better for you.

i didnt even get the normal B.S. that they give they just said come here, all hail CB you have taken over the blackberry world!
    04-11-09 01:33 PM
    Been told the same thing every time I venture in a VZW around here. Its nothing new.
    I sometimes get asked by their management as to what leaked OS works better on the Storm.
    That cracks me up every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 01:59 PM
    I went to one of our local VZ store, they actually upgraded leaked version to storm customer in the VZ store.
    04-11-09 02:00 PM
    This doesn't really surprise me the least bit. Half of the information that they tell you about leaks and rumored releases comes from them reading it on this site. This is the one reason why I don't believe anybody that says that they went into a store a received a solid release date.

04-11-09 02:11 PM
    That is hilarious.

04-11-09 02:12 PM
    At least they're being honest, and attempting to be helpful, as opposed to just feeding you some line.
    04-11-09 04:30 PM
    as a vzw retail rep. i personally download leaked os onto every storm i sell. i always tell my customers, " sorry i just can't sell you a headache today."
    04-11-09 04:44 PM
    Anyone know of a store in the Chicago area that would do that for me?
    04-11-09 06:09 PM
    they told me 2-3 weeks...so i know i was bull****ted since you didnt get an answer

anyway when i asked why its taking so long, he said "we're just trying to give you a perfect update with no bugs" and i was so tempted to tell him "well cant you fu1king officially release some of the leaks that i can find in forums cause my phone keeps ringing in class when its on vibrate!"
    04-11-09 06:52 PM
    as a vzw retail rep. i personally download leaked os onto every storm i sell. i always tell my customers, " sorry i just can't sell you a headache today."
    So technically YOU void the warranty on every Storm you sell? What service!
    04-14-09 04:25 PM
    The real question is why the carriers even both with releasing operating systems anyways. Way create the unneeded delay. Just offer the default from the manufacture and be done with it. How much would they save?

Run the hacked OS its a ton better than the current release from VZ.
    04-14-09 04:41 PM
    ^ Pretty much.

Oh, but, "It will get better."

At least that is what the fanbois were saying back in December.

04-14-09 04:46 PM
    Wow. I never would have thought of that! But I was thinking about getting a rep to do the leak for me! lol
    04-14-09 04:47 PM
    I dont think putting beta software on your device will viod the warranty. Messing with the hardware...definately but I turned my 3 phones in with the beta software still on them and Verizon said nothing.
    04-14-09 04:51 PM
    Could you or anyone point out where in the warranty the act of utilizing software designed for the device voids said warranty?
    04-14-09 04:54 PM
    anyone in OH want to upgrade mine?! :-D
    04-14-09 05:01 PM
    anyone in OH want to upgrade mine?! :-D
    i am not far from ya, do you seriously need an upgrade?
    04-14-09 05:06 PM
    http://www.blackberry.com/legal/pdfs...ia_English.pdf

With a quick scan I don't see any reason it should

"THE LIMITED WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER SOFTWARE, THE DESKTOP SOFTWARE,
    TO ALL DOCUMENTATION AND TO ANY FIRMWARE RESIDING ON THE BLACKBERRY HARDWARE IS SET FORTH SEPARATELY
    IN THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT PROVIDED SEPARATELY TO YOU. THE LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ANY BLACKBERRY
    ACCESSORY ORDERED SEPARATELY IS ALSO SET FORTH IN A SEPARATE LIMITED WARRANTY ACCOMPANYING SUCH
    ACCESSORY."

But I have to find the software license agreement.

TO anyone who wants to read it.....
    http://www.blackberry.com/legal/pdfs...English_NA.pdf
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 04-14-09 at 05:26 PM.
    04-14-09 05:16 PM
    I phoned local Verizon Store in SF. They advised that if I download a leaked version off the internet to my computer and then run the DM it will pickup the leaked version and load it. Is this true?
    04-14-09 05:58 PM
    I phoned local Verizon Store in SF. They advised that if I download a leaked version off the internet to my computer and then run the DM it will pickup the leaked version and load it. Is this true?
    If you download one of the leaked versions, install it to your PC and the Dm will see it and install it to your phone. More often than not, you'll need to delete the vendor.xml file in the AppLoader folder. YMMV
    04-14-09 06:02 PM
    its so easy to update i really dont understand why people want someone else to do it for them
    04-14-09 06:30 PM
    You must be joken....

04-15-09 03:37 AM
    Hey guys sorry to change the subject. But I just switched from ATT to verizon. Does anyone else have trouble with their battery dying pretty fast? My family has 3 blackberrys now and seems all 3 of our phones die within a day. My ATT curve lasted at least day and a half with Heavy use. Anyone else notice this problem/
    04-15-09 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD