Some of you may already have the same news as i just got from verizon but if not......I just got off the phone with verizon and being that my business handles many blackberry's i expressed my concern with the storm and not getting an update since december. She told me that RIM has not approved any of the beta's for Verizon storm due to the memory leaks and that until they fix the memory leak issue there will not be another update. Basically all these os updates do not meet RIM/Verizons standards and that they wont issue a band aid fix (which i can respect) She went on and told me that they next offical update date is still undetermined but it would be more than likely be atleast another month atleast and that the software version will be in the 4.8 series versions. I asked her about the rumors of the 5 series versions and that was answered with a definite no. Anyways hate this news but at the same time i am happy that they are not giving us a bandaid fix instead they are waiting for the best possible fit for the storm as far as the os is concerned.
    04-10-09 10:31 PM
    I call BS...

Verizon approves the apps that are released to the public not RIM and we know for a fact that VZW has been testing them.

EDIT... It wouldn't be 4.8 that doesn't make ANY sense. It would stay 4.7 or go to 5.0
    04-10-09 10:32 PM
    I am still waiting on April 14.15 to come.
    04-10-09 10:34 PM
    I'm also calling BS on many different things.
    And, I forgot who, but somebody had said 5.0 would release before a 4.8
    Something along those lines.
    04-10-09 10:34 PM
    I'm also calling BS on many different things.
    And, I forgot who, but somebody had said 5.0 would release before a 4.8
    Something along those lines.
    I highly believe 5.1 will release before 4.8
    04-10-09 10:36 PM
    we should probably institute a thread auto-delete on the words "i talked to verizon" because all of the threads are pretty much .... "lacking in worth"
    04-10-09 10:36 PM
    BS...and shame on the original poster for even believing it
    04-10-09 10:37 PM
    Any Verizon employee on a phone or on the web (chat/email) is not going to say ANYTHING about something that hasn't been officially announced. All of their phone calls and emails/chat logs are recorded and they could be fired (or at least "punished") for making comments about things that could create expectations that most likely will not be met.
    04-10-09 10:38 PM
    Hey I herd that if you microwave water, it will freeze! A Verizon CSR confirmed that much for me! Knowing that, it must mean 7.0.2.145 will be out sometime later this evening (12:01pm PST).
    04-10-09 10:39 PM
    You know how to tell a verizon rep is lying......... Oh to heck with it ........ I give up! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 10:46 PM
    My 2 year old daughter knows more than the reps you speak to on the phone. Don't believe everything you hear

04-10-09 10:48 PM
    there is no 4.8 OS for the Storm and there won't be. I'm sorry, but whoever you talked to had no idea what they are talking about. and a "definite no" about the 5.0 series?! People in the know have already confirmed on this website that RIM has compiled builds for the Storm in the 5.0 series (5.0.0.110 if I'm not mistaken). Not to mention the fact that RIM doesn't "approve" the OS builds for official release, only VZW does. Every bit of info this clueless VZW rep gave you was completely bogus.
    04-10-09 10:49 PM
    Hey I herd that if you microwave water, it will freeze! A Verizon CSR confirmed that much for me! Knowing that, it must mean 7.0.2.145 will be out sometime later this evening (12:01pm PST).
    yup heard the samething, also if you microwave your storm it'll make it smokin fast & fix the mms & color issues! Don't sit here and wait for the next leak, JUST NUKE IT!!!!!!!!!
    04-10-09 10:55 PM
    Watch this and you'll NEVER listen to VZW CSR.

YouTube - Verizon Math Fail

GOWINGS!!!!
    04-10-09 10:59 PM
    You know how to tell a verizon rep is lying......... Oh to heck with it ........ I give up! Lol

You can trust him. He's awesome
    04-10-09 11:01 PM
    R O F L Valace!!!!
    04-10-09 11:02 PM
    Some of you may already have the same news as i just got from verizon but if not......I just got off the phone with verizon and being that my business handles many blackberry's i expressed my concern with the storm and not getting an update since december. She told me that RIM has not approved any of the beta's for Verizon storm due to the memory leaks and that until they fix the memory leak issue there will not be another update. Basically all these os updates do not meet RIM/Verizons standards and that they wont issue a band aid fix (which i can respect) She went on and told me that they next offical update date is still undetermined but it would be more than likely be atleast another month atleast and that the software version will be in the 4.8 series versions. I asked her about the rumors of the 5 series versions and that was answered with a definite no. Anyways hate this news but at the same time i am happy that they are not giving us a bandaid fix instead they are waiting for the best possible fit for the storm as far as the os is concerned.
    I know this is BS I work for Verizon as a Technical Support Rep. An update is in testing stages but release date is unknown. There information is by what they hear from other reps and there's a long line of those and stories change as they pass down from person to person. So don't call or ask any reps at a store cause I'm sure if you were to go to 5 different locations and call in 5 times and get 5 different reps, 99% of the answers that you receive are not true and just what there guess is or what they heard from other reps. Just be patient a new update will be out when Corporate believes that the update fits there standards as stable.

Have a great day.
    04-10-09 11:06 PM
    just saying what i heard, and thought i would share it, i must not take the time and read all the threads on this subject, have more important things to do. It does make since that there isnt a decent version out there good enough for them to release since the lastest OS 4.7.122 still sucks as far as memory leaks. And from what i understand it isnt verizon it is RIM who is waited to give verizon the next release, because they are still working out the kinks. Also why would be jump up to 5.0 when they are still in 4.7 os betas? Just a question i dont know an answer to.
    04-10-09 11:07 PM
    you get the first failure of the day award....you wont be alone, there are plenty of other idiots to join you on the list.
    04-10-09 11:09 PM
    bakeradiosk8er16.... I see your point you are probably right about the validity of what the reps are saying
    04-10-09 11:09 PM
    Hey HOMOMAT.......i would think your a bigger fool for wasting your time reply to these "idiots" posts. I would think someone like yourself would be doing other things rather then continuing to read other posts like this and replying to them, doesnt that make you the bigger idiot?? Food for thought
    04-10-09 11:15 PM
    5.0 is the next "major" OS. 4.5. - 4.7 are all that remain at the moment and 5.0 would be the next big X.1 number.

There won't be a 4.8 or 4.9
    04-10-09 11:17 PM
    just saying what i heard, and thought i would share it, i must not take the time and read all the threads on this subject, have more important things to do. It does make since that there isnt a decent version out there good enough for them to release since the lastest OS 4.7.122 still sucks as far as memory leaks. And from what i understand it isnt verizon it is RIM who is waited to give verizon the next release, because they are still working out the kinks. Also why would be jump up to 5.0 when they are still in 4.7 os betas? Just a question i dont know an answer to.

because that's how their development tree's work. application development is rarely performed on a Version 1.0->2.0->3.0, etc.. cycle. There's usuaully a 1.0 "Trunk" and a 2.0 "Trunk" developing at the same time.. ie, development on "3.0" would have started BEFORE 2.0 shipped. that may not be exactly how RIM does things, but it's a pretty rough overview of development in general.

as for your comment about having more important things to do.. fair enough. however, a simple glance at the Storm OS Discussion forum 1st page would've shown you between 2-5 posts with the same kind of "speculative" title yours has.
    04-10-09 11:18 PM
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend you because...
    04-10-09 11:20 PM
    Gotcha, I undestand the system now...

but i was speculating maybe the rep was but i am not in the position to speculate on when the next os comes out.
    04-10-09 11:23 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD