View Poll Results: Which is best for work use?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

16 35.56%
  • Curve

28 62.22%
  • Other

1 2.22%
    I have a storm and I love the SureType keybaord and a normaly keyboard - I don't like that the fact that the keys are not there without going through menues etc.

What do you guys (who have experiance with both) - which one is better.

I loved my Pearl - but too small - I think I would love the Peal Flip but I cant wait forever.

Opinions?
    04-10-09 09:33 PM
    Curve or WinMo for me. I am too old to deal with the touchscreen nonsense and I am too old to wait around for the phone to stop lagging.

I could be dead before that app loads!
    04-10-09 10:41 PM
    Depends on what you're looking for. If you want a Rev A capable device, you want the storm. If you want a "traditional" style blackberry, you want the curve. The Storm has more capabilities (including VCast Music with Rhapsody) but if you don't really like/want a touchscreen, the Curve is your toy. I have a Curve currently and when I'm eligible for an upgrade I'm getting a Storm.
    04-10-09 10:45 PM
    I say the curve is the best blackberry (even tho people may differ)
    but its so much better to have actual buttons to press
    of course its my opinion
    04-11-09 11:17 AM
    I like the Curve because of the physical buttons. No offense to the storm lovers, but I am not a fan of touch screens. To many fingerprints to worry about.
    04-11-09 02:30 PM
    I love the storm b/c it just looks good & is a conversation piece, but the curve can do everything & has the beloved keypad & trackwheel....unless you use Vligo, how else can we dwt? (Drive while texting) lol
    04-11-09 04:07 PM
    Yea I had an omnia and switched to the curve 8330 for the full physical keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 05:17 PM
    I HAD the Storm. Actually my wife and I both got one. On day 28 of having it I went and exchanged it for the 8330. My wife kept hers and she complains abut the sluggish touch screen.

We both came from having an iPhone and the Storms touch screen cant compete. That being said I love my Curve and cannot imagine ever owning a non-BB phone.
    04-11-09 05:56 PM
    I just went to the mall and played with a Perl Flip for 1/2 hour - I couldn't put it down - it has all the downsides of the Curve and Storm addressed ... but alas itis on T-Mo and I am a Verizon promoter.

I loved the "MASSIVE" buttons on the flip and was able to (suretype) faster than I have ever typed before on either the curve or storm.

The other downside if the Curve is finding the tiny numeric keypad. My job requires that I type lots of numbers and the curve dosen't lend itself to that too well at all.

I guess I am going to stick with the Storm and wait for the Flip - unless someone can tell me what the Curve can do that the storm cannot?.
    04-11-09 08:19 PM
    I have a curve-its reliable and enjoy using it. I also was not a 'touch' phone type of person-or at least I thought so-i have looked@the Storm in vzw stores on several diff occassions and played with the storm-and found that I indeed would enjoy it-so when my upgrade is due in Oct of this year-i may actually consider changing my curve to a Storm!

04-11-09 09:09 PM
    I have both. Once a month, I try to give the Storm a chance, but usually within a day, I'm back on my curve. The Storm has its lure, but when it comes to pure business, it does not compete with the Curve. As an entertainment device, it rocks. But that's it. My brother stayed on the storm (we work together). Its great, at every meeting when some thing comes up requiring him to pull it out, I laugh as he does the "Storm Salute". You know, you hold the Storm eye level, tilt it side to side, and 2 strokes down to get it to potrait mode.

04-11-09 09:30 PM
    the curve is a solid blackberry, definitely reliable so i'd go with that for work.

i've admittedly only tinkered with a friends' storm but i've heard some complaints from others, and so far it seems to be one of those love it or hate it kind of deals.

to each his own
    04-11-09 10:28 PM
    I have a storm and I love the SureType keybaord and a normaly keyboard - I don't like that the fact that the keys are not there without going through menues etc.

What do you guys (who have experiance with both) - which one is better.

I loved my Pearl - but too small - I think I would love the Peal Flip but I cant wait forever.

Opinions?
    I upgraded from a Pearl (had it a week) and when I went back they talked me into a Storm. I travel alot and need to do alot of emails/appointments. I got the Storm at noon and brought it back 9am the next day-Traded it for a curve and love it.

Curve is better for business...Storm for play
    04-11-09 10:43 PM
    I have both phones, but my Curve is the 8900. In all honesty, I like both phones. The physical keyboard on the 8900 is very nice an super easy to type on. However, after playing with the settings on my Storm, I can type almost as fast in SureType mode.

For me it is hard to pick because I like them both.
    04-11-09 11:25 PM
    I'm 21 and I have the Curve but I am looking at getting the Storm, it honestly seems to me like a younger persons phone...
    Uh oh. I'm 56 and I LOVE my Storm. Never had a BB before, so I have nothing to compare it to. My daughter has a Pearl and she's jonesing for my Storm. I, on the other hand, have no desire to use her Pearl. I can't even see the screen. Yeah, old eyes. My son-in-law has a Curve and he loves it for his business, but he likes to play with mine. If he does the dinner dishes, I let him play with my Storm
    04-11-09 11:49 PM
    The Storm is old news. I am surprised the VZW crowd hasn't yet picked up on this:

Blackberry Storm 2 due in September, has WiFi - SlashGear
    04-12-09 12:50 AM
    I really like my curve and could never get used to a storm...
    04-12-09 09:03 PM
    I received my Storm on 12/25/08, and gave it a good 3 months before relegating it to my desk drawer. I've returned my 8330 Curve to service, and my increase in productivity has been remarkable.

There are a few of things that the 8330 lacks that the Storm has, though: Quad-band GSM/UMTS, EVDO Rev A, and autonomous GPS. I'll return the Storm to service temporarily when I travel internationally, but as long as I'm in the US, will stick with my Curve.

I'm hopeful that someday RIM will provide a firmware release that addresses the instability and unpredictability of the Storm, and that's one of the reasons I've kept it. I do like the phone, but I like getting work done more.

If you're a casual user who travels internationally and doesn't want GPS functionality limited to VZNav and BB Maps, the Storm may be for you. If you rely on your Blackberry primarily as a business tool, though, I'd look at something else. The Curve is a reasonable choice.
    Last edited by Dodge Deboulet; 04-13-09 at 07:51 AM.
    04-13-09 07:49 AM
    Curve is definelty a better phone for business use. I think the storm is more for the casual user and much better for multimedia applications. It all depends on what you will be using it for.
    04-13-09 11:19 AM
    I had the curve 8320, was glued to my hands, that little puppy did everything. Now I have the storm, and I must say coming from a text-a-holic, as is 243 messages on average a day. The lag is not as bad as I had previously thought. Of course the OS needs a major overhaul, but what phone does.
    04-14-09 07:56 PM
    I loved my curve but I really love my storm!

04-15-09 02:01 PM
    You do know that you can swipe the screen up to bring the keyboard up and then swipe down to hide the keyboard? Also when you click into an area that requires the keyboard it automatically appears. And, wait for it, wait for it, you can assign a convenience key to bring up the keyboard as well.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 04-15-09 at 02:30 PM.
    04-15-09 02:28 PM
    Had a Storm, liked the features available, and the customization of it.
    Hated the lag. Love BlackBerry hate the Storm....
    Waiting for the Flip....
    04-15-09 02:52 PM
    I loved my curve but I really love my storm!

Hey I know you!
    04-15-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD