View Poll Results: Now that Skype is producing applications for blackberry users do you think you will s

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

5 41.67%
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • I never knew Skype was making an application for blackberry

2 16.67%
    Hey guys, I'm working on a school project on joint ventures. Please vote and let me know what you think about Skype creating an application for blackberry.

The question is

Now that Skype is producing applications for blackberry users do you think you will still use third party applications to use Skypes Features?

Thanks Alot!
    Last edited by embrowne; 04-10-09 at 06:35 PM.
    04-10-09 06:25 PM
    I don't have WiFi, so why would I need Skype? If my phone did WiFi, I could understand turning off the service antenna and doing free Skype to Skype, but that isn't possible for us 9530 users is it?
    04-10-09 06:45 PM
    I work for eBay who ownes SKYPE so I should be a SKYPE fan-boy but sadly I am not. google talk is wayyy better with much slicker options. Like text voicemail. When someone leaves a VM it will both text you and email you a transcript of what they said. Also unless you call overseas (less than 1% of US cell customers do) whats the point? Most of us have too many minutes anyway,Verizon doesnt have roaming charges. So again SKYPE on the Storm is pointless.......
    04-10-09 07:08 PM
    Can you get a phone number on google talk?

There are times when I don't want to use my business line, which is my BB phone., for a call. skype works great in those instances, although im+skype is not all that great.
    04-10-09 07:37 PM
    I work with people from Canada and I live in NY, so I use Skype a lot and it would be awesome to use Skype on my Storm so that I don't have to be at home to call people in Canada.

I have my own number so I can call any landline and mobile numbers in Canada at a flat rate of $60 a year. If I made that call with my Verizon Wireless service they charge you $.45 a minute? I don't know the international rate but my wireless bill would be in the thousands.

Even if i sign up for Verizon's plan to call Canada at a cheaper rate its never going to be cheaper than paying $60 a year.
    04-10-09 08:05 PM
    I personally use skype for my business as all my clients are either in europe or in australia. Personally to me skype has extremely reduce my telephone bill. Next thing i would appreaciate is to have skype on my BB as it can be very usefull when am out of my office.o more skype miss call, thus being more productive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD