Tomorrow I'm taking my Storm back to the verizon store because the vibrate mechanism inside sounds like its dying. If I take it back to the actual store will they give me a new one out of a box or a refurb?
    04-10-09 03:16 PM
    How long ago did you get it?

If within 30 days, it's likely they will just swap it for a new one. if longer, one will prob. be ordered. It could be either new or refurb.. people are getting both.

Take your box and all contents with you.
    04-10-09 03:37 PM
    Probably a refurb.... But in all of the replacement phone I've gotten, I didn't have a problem with any of them (they weren't storms)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 03:58 PM
    I had mine swapped for a new one in store after two months.
    04-10-09 04:14 PM
    If I had to replace mine (which I luckily have not yet) if the replacement looked good and worked good "who cares" All I want is a Storm that works.
    04-10-09 04:28 PM
    The bottom right of mine (if held in profile view) is beginning to get stuck (barely clicks). I'm outside of my 30 days, do you think they'll give a new one or a refurb if in store?
    04-10-09 04:41 PM
    Refurb...Refurb! Nothing wrong with a refurb if it works! But if you get my old Storm good luck! I did some wild things to that Storm before I sent it back. Hehee.
    04-10-09 05:35 PM
    The bottom right of mine (if held in profile view) is beginning to get stuck (barely clicks). I'm outside of my 30 days, do you think they'll give a new one or a refurb if in store?
    With this type of issue, to be honest, you're probably better off with a Refurb than a new if you're trying to get it replaced. At least in this particular case, you have a much better chance of that dang screw being adjusted properly if that's why the device you receive was returned!

Granted, a refurb could just as easily be a gift return or the like, so it really is the luck of the draw. I've also noticed a heavy amount of devices returned for known software bugs or easily user-fixable things. (Not talking about the screw fix, as that technically voids your warranty...) These devices, for all intents and purposes, are clean.
    04-10-09 06:25 PM
    I think you will get REFURB for sure!
    04-10-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD