Downloaded Shazam for BB Curve 8330. Worked perfectly once. Then it would not connect (error #1164). Tried battery pull and reinstalling but no luck. On reinstall, cannot get past the set up screen as cannot make a connection. I did set all permissions to "allow" but no luck. Anyone figured out a solution to this? Thanks.
    04-10-09 01:35 PM
    Same issue here on my Bold... no luck, even after an OS upgrade. Any ideas???
    04-10-09 04:05 PM
    A 1164 means Shazam has received an unexpected response from the server. It could be that your carrier has trapped the server request and returned HTML back (which the client cannot handle). Unfortunately there is no way to see what the response was in the current Shazam application.
    04-13-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks Robin - only problem is that I have seen the program work on another AT&T Blackberry Bold. I asked Shazam the same question and they still have not replied.... Anyone else have any ideas?
    04-13-09 01:31 PM
    In my experience, when sending a song it doesn't recognize, it can either return the search saying "no match" or give some connection error (but it's definetely song-dependent) b/c I had several "connection" errors on unknown songs, but can then play another tune, which will be recognized on next search.
    04-13-09 01:37 PM
    I tried this when i downloaded shazam and couldn't get a connection:

Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Shazam>EDIT PERMISSIONS>set all to allow

(Connections and interactions were originally Custom)

hopefully this was right?
    04-13-09 05:23 PM
    Following is another email from Shazam:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dave

Sorry for the delay in replying to your email and sorry to hear you are having a problem with the Shazam Service.

We are currently live on the following models:

Bold 9000
    Curve 83XX
    Pearl 8220
    8900 Javelin
    81XX
    88XX

Our software is compatible with devices 4.2 and above except for 87xx and Storms which are not yet compatible. Unfortunately there was a mistake in the app store which allowed other users to download it. If your device is older than 4.2 then it will not be supported.

Please visit our FAQ at Shazam on BlackBerry FAQsfor further information.

However, if you still require further assistance please contact us.

Kind regards
    Jon

Jon Davies
    Customer Services/Music Encoder
    t: +44 (0) 845 600 3956
    w: www-shazam-com

Shazam Entertainment Limited
    Charles House 4th Floor
    375 Kensington High Street
    London
    W14 8QH

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently running OS 4.6.0.247 on my BB Bold and am unable to setup the service. Any ideas would be appretiated. I am SO tired of hearing that iPhones have something that I don't!

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    04-15-09 11:13 AM
    I'm also getting this error on my BB 8830 with OS 4.2.2.148. I've tried a bunch of times and I always get the same message (error #1164).
    04-16-09 06:23 PM
    Just reinstalled it yesterday. Has been working perfectly so far. Maybe shazam fixed the problem?
    04-18-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD