I originally posted this else where but felt that it need a thread of its own. Sorry for the double posting. It's not gossip, it's help for a problem.

I was suppose to get my refurbished phone today but refused delivery. I can't accept a used phone for a month old phone. Makes no sense to me. Last night while playing with the phone I found the cause of the problem. Hard to explain but the cover was applying too much pressure to the back of the phone. This pressure was most likely caused by the case I had. You see, the case I purchased shortly after getting my phone is a side pouch. It is extremely tight which causes me to apply a lot of pressure to remove it, especially in a sitting position. This pressure would press up against the back cover making it to contact the metal piece surrounding the flash. If you place your finger on top of that area you should notice the volume go down. If this is your problem, then the fix would be to create some sort of stopper on the back cover to prevent the case from making direct contact to this area but enough for the case to close. Especially, if you have one of those tight cases.

I know an easy fix would be to get a replacement phone but like I said, can't accept a used phone on a month old phone. That would be the same as me buying a new car then going back to the dealer a month later and instead of them fixing it, they hand me a used car. I'd rather wait until the phone has some mileage on it before getting a replacement. Then, at that time, I wouldn't complain. Besides, what good is a replacement if the problem yet has not been resolved?

Hope this helps and maybe the people BB will take notice and update our back covers. Easy fix for us, hard for them to comprehend.
    04-10-09 01:15 PM
    So did you fix your berry or batt cover ? Or was it just the case ?
    04-10-09 01:21 PM
    Had the same issue except instead of playing around w it I had them send me a NEW phone since I'm within my 30 days. I found that I can fix the issue by pushing the case in hard or by pulling on it and relieving pressure. It;s that in between point that kills it.
    04-10-09 01:25 PM
    So did you fix your berry or batt cover ? Or was it just the case ?
    I kept my berry, all I did was modified my battery cover. Better to do that because if you do have to one day get it replaced, they (your carrier) usually will tell you to keep your battery cover because your replacement will come without one. As far as the battery cover, I added a couple of drops of a glue hardener to the outer most part of the cover to create a stopper to prevent the cover from making direct contact to the area I previously mentioned.
    04-10-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD