Not going to get into specifics, just starting to get a little discouraged. Know that it may be unreasonable but that's the way I'm feeling right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 10:26 AM
    Well, without knowing the specifics, it's hard to know how to respond
    04-10-09 10:28 AM
    The whole Os situation.

04-10-09 10:31 AM
    I really like .122 don't mistake me. Its just the whole process

Last edited by Valace2; 04-10-09 at 10:36 AM.
    04-10-09 10:33 AM
    I'm not discouraged per se, more weary from waiting. It's like **-hum, another day, no new OS, figures.
    04-10-09 10:33 AM
    I am very discouraged with Verizon at this point. I have been with them since 1996 and they have always been good to me. But My Storm feels unloved and forgotten. 4.7.0.75 is all I've ever known and I am still happy with it. Yes it lags a little now and then but I still LOVE this phone. I read all the news and keep hoping for that miracle update to suddenly appear. I am hooked like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I do believe that Verizon will pull through and surprise us all soon. I just have to be patient. AAAARRRRRGGG! I know it's hard but hang in there. That's my 2 cents. COME ON VERIZON!!!!!!!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!
    04-10-09 10:37 AM
    Waa!waa!waa! You Storm losers need to quit your cryin and get used to the fact that you're stuck with a crappy phone that will never ever live up to all the hype Verizon put behind it when they released it too early...or the fact they released the junk at all.

04-10-09 11:04 AM
    Waa!waa!waa! You Storm losers need to quit your cryin and get used to the fact that you're stuck with a crappy phone that will never ever live up to all the hype Verizon put behind it when they released it too early...or the fact they released the junk at all.

if you hated it so much and got rid of it then why are u even lurking around in here, go to your own little section and talk all the trash you want, just keep it outta here!
    04-10-09 11:19 AM
    Not going to get into specifics, just starting to get a little discouraged. Know that it may be unreasonable but that's the way I'm feeling right now.

Very, Very discouraged. It is not unreasonable at all, at least I don't think so. I feel the same way and I'm sure plenty of other Storm users feel the same as well. Especially with the whole 5.0 for Bold business. It's ridiculous really.
    04-10-09 11:28 AM
    I for one am feeling discouraged. I have been with verizon on and off. Had a iphone for a while I did love the iphone but it didn't work the good as a phone. I love the storm but very disappointed with verizon for the lack of support on a new os. When my contract is up I will loom to upgrade or leave verizon. The HTC diamond looks pretty good. Rim is also disspointing me with the rumors of a storm 2. From the speculation pics seems it will has a built in keyboard so if these rumors are true about the storm 2 and if rim fixes the os problems then I would pick it up if and only if it offered major differences to the physical feature of the storm.

04-10-09 11:33 AM
    I'm just sick of the speculation-leak -more speculation cycle here on CB. I'm also so sick of the "Where's the Official OS?" threads that I don't even bother going into them anymore.
    It's great that CX and Radio give us the inside track on what RIM is working on and what the carriers are testing. It's nice to know and I appreciate it but, as I wrote in another thread, unless it's on my phone, it's all just talk.
    I'm on .122 now and my Storm works a lot better than it has previously. My phone does what I need it to do and I'm satisified. I have nothing to be discouraged about it.
    04-10-09 11:41 AM
    I think I am with you on the sick of the speculation os threads. That an seeing bell go halfway on their release. An no way of knowing when an official would come. I like leaks but was hoping that an official would bring us a higher build. Now that does not appear to be the case. Like you count I like .122 so, just sick of the anticipation, an the constant question of when when when.

Ah well .122 is really good, just wish we could maybe we could get the full install.

It'll come I guess

04-10-09 11:59 AM
    Could it be that everyone has put this phone and its OS's under a microscope they just wanna make sure they do it exactly right??

VZW does have a good (as a company) reputation to uphold.
    04-10-09 12:20 PM
    I don't think we put it under microscope. I am also loosing reliability of this phone. It gives crap performing the simplest thing such as using the "phone" as in answering a call. Today my storm lost the sound so I had a few missed important calls. Then I was listening to music and the call came in, my screen went completely white. Couldn't tell who was calling. Then all of a sudden the accelerometer decides to kick in and flip the flipping screen to landscape. Its thinks like this that drive me insane. I believe these are reasonable complaints. Just don't tell me that I should get another phone. Why can't this phone work fine?

04-10-09 12:31 PM
    I don't think we put it under microscope. I am also loosing reliability of this phone. It gives crap performing the simplest thing such as using the "phone" as in answering a call. Today my storm lost the sound so I had a few missed important calls. Then I was listening to music and the call came in, my screen went completely white. Couldn't tell who was calling. Then all of a sudden the accelerometer decides to kick in and flip the flipping screen to landscape. Its thinks like this that drive me insane. I believe these are reasonable complaints. Just don't tell me that I should get another phone. Why can't this phone work fine?

I am also losing the reliability of this phone. Not so much in the simplest terms like using the phone aspect but I sent a few important emails last night from my Storm just to find out today that none of them sent. One of my clients (who I happen to be good friends with as well so he knows the deal) actually said "Well you were using your Storm, it probably lagged or screwed up somewhere." At least he was blaming the phone and not my but still it makes me look incompetent in some ways and it gives me double work because I had to resend everything from my office today. Just a headache that I wouldn't expect from BlackBerry.

I do think that .122 works much better than the other OSs I've used but that is no excuse for the lame service that the Storm users have been getting with regards to a stable OS.
    04-10-09 01:06 PM
    about my phone? no. about the people i work with? yes.
    04-10-09 01:06 PM
    I like .122 I am not going to lie and say that it doesn't do what I need it do but of I wanted the bare minimum I could have stick with my pearl

04-10-09 01:17 PM
    I like .122 I am not going to lie and say that it doesn't do what I need it do but of I wanted the bare minimum I could have stick with my pearl

Exactly what I think.
    04-10-09 01:19 PM
    I think I am with you on the sick of the speculation os threads. That an seeing bell go halfway on their release. An no way of knowing when an official would come. I like leaks but was hoping that an official would bring us a higher build. Now that does not appear to be the case. Like you count I like .122 so, just sick of the anticipation, an the constant question of when when when.

Ah well .122 is really good, just wish we could maybe we could get the full install.

It'll come I guess

And when it's time to upgrade, my Storm will end up in a drawer with my other old BB's and collect dust.
    Really, there's no point in stressing over a phone
    04-10-09 01:20 PM
    As with .113 and .122. I still have memory leak, lag, answering a call, mms, and the over all sound quality sucks with reception problems. I'm hoping storm2 is LTE that would be best. The vzw is with OS I'm glad for leaks. Other wise we all would b stuck on .75. And just thibk of all those folks who will get the OS there will be a wow factor and we will ask what's next.

04-10-09 01:22 PM
    Exactly what I think.
    It's a 1st gen device and we chose to be early adopters. That's always a risky proposition and sometimes disappointment comes with the territory.
    04-10-09 01:25 PM
    Oh just got a call very my boss he says the next official OS for storm 9530 is .201. Atleast that's what the manger at home depot who's uncle is vp of vzw says next os is april 15\m/

04-10-09 01:27 PM
    Count, thats what I'm thinking about the Niagra as well but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    04-10-09 01:33 PM
    And when it's time to upgrade, my Storm will end up in a drawer with my other old BB's and collect dust.
    Really, there's no point in stressing over a phone
    By the time we are able to upgrade there will be a newer BlackBerry that we will be fighting over. It's a never ending story but early adopters or not, we should have gotten at least something somewhat stable and not hybrids that work for some and not others.
    04-10-09 01:35 PM
    Count, thats what I'm thinking about the Niagra as well but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Thinking the same thing, HeroBerry. If I decide to go with Niagara, I'm going to wait a little while before I pull the trigger
    04-10-09 01:35 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD