I'm not much of an app person. I have a few, and they are usually ones I really, really like and function well. I know I'm probably the last person to get on the Viigo train, but I just wanted to mention that if anyone is thinking about it to definitely give it a try. Very nice app so far. I won't be running it in the background like some, but I'll be keeping an eye out for memory leaks.
    04-10-09 10:14 AM
    I have tried viigo 4 times and deleted it 4 times. I keep thinking I should like it, and then I don't. I'm glad you enjoy it, but I just can't see what's so good about it.

What exactly do you use it for?
    04-10-09 10:58 AM
    Love viigo as well. I find the mem leaks are based on how you have it set up. I've never had an issue since doing the set up properly.
    04-10-09 10:58 AM
    What do you use it for, Chicklet?
    04-10-09 11:00 AM
    Love viigo as well. I find the mem leaks are based on how you have it set up. I've never had an issue since doing the set up properly.
    Chicklet, how do you have it setup?

KB, why did you not like it? I won't use it much since I have pretty much the same feeds running through Gmail, and I'm almost always in front of a PC. I will like it when I'm not and have time to kill.
    04-10-09 11:01 AM
    What do you use it for, Chicklet?
    Its used for rss feeds. Why would you use it for anything else??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 11:01 AM
    I just use it for the Google Reader ability. I setup my news feeds there, and view them with Viigo. Works very well.
    04-10-09 11:03 AM

Yah I know its rss. My question is about exactly what people use it for - particular uses.
    04-10-09 11:03 AM

The site says they are also adding the ability to download and listen to podcasts soon.
    04-10-09 11:04 AM
    I use it for F1 racing. Multiple weather channels(so I know what I'm driving into with a bike) Local movie listings and show times. Local news.........
    My set up is no move to background and no to save on exit. I have a max of 10 arcticles per channel and no auto update. Seems to work
    04-10-09 11:06 AM
    Yah I know its rss. My question is about exactly what people use it for - particular uses.
    I like that I can see my home weather, as well as at my distribution centers around the US (I'm in transportation), at a glance. I also like to get my NFL and news fixes. You can customize which feeds you want, so I can RSS feed friends' blogs. I like podcasts, and if this will download and manage a couple, that's a nice plus.
    Chicklet, how do you have it setup?

KB, why did you not like it? I won't use it much since I have pretty much the same feeds running through Gmail, and I'm almost always in front of a PC. I will like it when I'm not and have time to kill.
    I feel like it's all sound bites and superficial stuff. Or if there's more interesting stuff, I tend to read it in a newspaper anyway. I have a weather app already, I have a check my flights thing, I have better ways to look for restaurants, I don't follow sports, I don't really care about entertainment news..... I know it's just me, my habits and tastes. But every time I download it and try to use it, I find it boring.

So I'm curious what other people tend to use it the most for.
    My set up is no move to background and no to save on exit. I have a max of 10 arcticles per channel and no auto update. Seems to work
    Perfect, thanks.
    04-10-09 11:08 AM
    I feel like it's all sound bites and superficial stuff. Or if there's more interesting stuff, I tend to read it in a newspaper anyway. I have a weather app already, I have a check my flights thing, I have better ways to look for restaurants, I don't follow sports, I don't really care about entertainment news..... I know it's just me, my habits and tastes. But every time I download it and try to use it, I find it boring.

So I'm curious what other people tend to use it the most for.
    i think because it pulls all those things into a single location. We'll see how well it works for all those. Like you, I have some apps that I really like for each of those things, but I'm not married to any of them.
    04-10-09 11:09 AM
    I've got bookmarks for local theatre listings. I think I have bookmarks for most things I use. Maybe that's why I find it redundant in some ways.

I could try exploring it more.... but I have a feeling I'll delete it again.

Looks like it works great for all of you, though - your particular needs.
    04-10-09 11:09 AM
    i like viigo.... and the flight itineraries and flight status is amazing for people travelling a lot...

viigo rocks!

d
    04-10-09 11:14 AM
    I love viigo. It's nice to have the news/weather/etc. all in one place.
    04-10-09 11:20 AM
    Viigo still has the best interface for RSS. I just wish they offered a lite version also for RSS only.
    04-10-09 12:24 PM
    I love Viigo! I have probably 25 feeds set up. Not only do I get all my news and blog updates, but I get updates from my house and office.

At home I have several feeds tied into my home automation and security systems. It updates me when there is someone at my house (mailman or otherwise), when my dog goes outside, if my server is running too hot, even when it gets too cold inside and wants to turn the A/C on.

RSS is awesome!
    04-10-09 12:59 PM
    Just downloaded it a few hours ago...

It's changing my life already...

What an app - I get the feeling that I aint even scrathed the surface yet!
    04-10-09 01:06 PM
    I love Viigo! I have probably 25 feeds set up. Not only do I get all my news and blog updates, but I get updates from my house and office.

At home I have several feeds tied into my home automation and security systems. It updates me when there is someone at my house (mailman or otherwise), when my dog goes outside, if my server is running too hot, even when it gets too cold inside and wants to turn the A/C on.

RSS is awesome!

Wow. My dog is my security system and I have to let her out. lol. That's how to get full use out of an app though.
    04-10-09 01:10 PM

RSS is awesome!
    ....when to switch on the hydroponics.....
    04-10-09 01:12 PM
    and it is a memory hog
    04-10-09 01:30 PM
    I've had no memory drop, but then again I knew not to leave it running and I followed Chicklet's advice.
    04-10-09 01:41 PM
    If there was ever a time I fell in the "Don't get it" crowd, it's right now.

I just don't get Viigo. I hated it.

But I'm glad my fellow CB'rs are finding great uses for it.
    04-10-09 01:42 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD