Hey Storm Newbie here,

Just got my storm after unloading my bold to my mum and the thing I find most annoying is there are hardly any cool gestures like pinch zooming on the iphone. I know one thing's for sure that the storm supports multitouch since the copy/paste function basically uses multitouch... i think ??? Anyway is there an application for the storm where we can create our own gestures like when we finish typing a msg we just swipe the screen and it'll send the msg ??? I ALWAYS ALWAYS miss the "send" option on the menu and that drives me bonkers half the time since I mispress the "save draft" option and have to go back to the msg to send it again. ARGHHHHH....

Thanks,
    *annoyed* Msg sender Nick.
    04-10-09 05:20 AM
    You know if you push the BB menu button twice after typing a message it will send the message, Im sure I remember seeing a thread here that discussed a lot of short cuts via. keyboard and such that may be helpful to you.....link here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/
    04-10-09 05:59 AM
    Also, if you swipe down to get rid of the keyboard, there is a send button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 06:21 AM
    If you wanted an iphone, why didn't you just buy one?
    04-10-09 06:49 AM
    No, there are no multi-touch gestures on the Storm and nobody knows if there will be. Apple has a (Bull-Isht) patent on multi-touch so the Storm would have to work around that.

As someone else posted, just hit your BB button twice to send a message.
    04-10-09 07:12 AM
    If you wanted an iphone, why didn't you just buy one?
    haha.. sorry if I sounded like i'm pro-iphone but I just wanted to release the full potential of the storm cause I know if storm utilizes it's multitouch functions it will beat the Iphone hands down (not that it already doesn't)...
    Anyway Thanks stonyman for the heads up. Now I can send msges without any frustrations...

Thanks all,
    *no-more-annoyed* Msg Sender Nick.
    -Storm pwn3d the iphone-
    04-10-09 07:14 AM
    Also, if you swipe down to get rid of the keyboard, there is a send button

lol that was going to be my suggestion.

There's your gesture!

Swipe down then click = send
    04-10-09 07:16 AM
    haha.. sorry if I sounded like i'm pro-iphone but I just wanted to release the full potential of the storm cause I know if storm utilizes it's multitouch functions it will beat the Iphone hands down (not that it already doesn't)...
    Anyway Thanks stonyman for the heads up. Now I can send msges without any frustrations...

Thanks all,
    *no-more-annoyed* Msg Sender Nick.
    -Storm pwn3d the iphone-
    Not trying to be a ****, (as I see that you are pretty new) but if you spend any time around this place you will soon realize that there are a million questions as to why the Storm doesn't do this or that like the iphone. It just gets old that's all! Sorry if I came off wrong! Welcome, BTW!!
    04-10-09 07:28 AM
    No, there are no multi-touch gestures on the Storm and nobody knows if there will be. Apple has a (Bull-Isht) patent on multi-touch so the Storm would have to work around that.

As someone else posted, just hit your BB button twice to send a message.
    There are multi-touch gestures on the Storm, for example copy & pasting, deleting more then one message at a time.

04-10-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD