What do you guys do to get your ringtones from your itunes or from your garageband?Someone please help me if you guys don't mind.I finally came back to the darkside from the iPhone.
    04-09-09 03:38 PM
    what i've done is just find the song in the itunes music folder or hitting cmd+space to bring up spot light and finding the song that way then either sending the song via email (tedious) or via usb cable (fast) and then what i did was: profile -->"Advanced..."---> select your profile you want to edit (in this scenario ill choose normal)--->bb button click "edit"---> go to what i want to assign a custom ringtone for here is what is available:
    Browser
    calendar
    Level 1 messages
    Message [my mail #1]
    Message [mail #2]
    Messenger - alert
    Messenger - new message
    MMS
    Phone
    SMS Text
    Tasks

hope this helps

-Tim
    04-10-09 12:03 AM
    i actually use the bluetooth function on both the mac and my storm. in the ringtones folder on the bb you have to set it to recieve using bluetooth, then send it. i can give more help if you need better explanation
    04-10-09 12:10 AM
    Anybody have any program suggestions?I can't get doubletwist to find my blackberry,and the blackberry media sync keeps saying i don't have a dag on memory card
    04-12-09 04:29 AM
    What do you guys do to get your ringtones from your itunes or from your garageband?Someone please help me if you guys don't mind.I finally came back to the darkside from the iPhone.
    I'm using an 8900 on AT&T. My phone will use any MP3 I have as a ring tone. I usually chop the song I want down to about 30-60 seconds in Garageband and export it as an MP3 (or convert it to an MP3 with Quicktime Pro). At that point I email the file to myself and save the attachemtn to Media Card >Blackberry > Ring Tones.

Good luck.
    04-12-09 07:52 AM
    Ya man, this is easy.

MP3s. Make the MP3 your ringtone...

Want a certain part of the song, open garage band...chop it, save. Load new MP3.

Good luck.
    04-12-09 10:13 AM
    I use Audacity and then save the MP3 clip to my ringtone folder on my media card.....really easy and everyone is jealous of my ringtone selections compared to what their non-BB phones can handle.
    04-12-09 11:14 PM
    I use Audacity and then save the MP3 clip to my ringtone folder on my media card.....really easy and everyone is jealous of my ringtone selections compared to what their non-BB phones can handle.
    This is almost exactly word for word what I was about to put. Only addition is that I needed to download lamelib (just googled it) in order to export as an mp3.

Also, I can't open .mp4 files in audacity. I'm not sure if that's cured in a software update or something but I've never looked into it, just converted them to .mp3's.

But yeah, same process as you.
    Open in audacity, select your 20-30sec chunk of song, deleted rest of song, export as mp3, connect media card.

Game over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 09:39 PM
    I use phonezoo.com. It's free
    04-13-09 09:51 PM
    I create my tones with QuickTime and edit them down to what I want to hear, then I convert them to MP3 with iTunes, then I BT them to my Curve. Done deal.
    04-14-09 11:07 PM
    I go to mxyer.com and can upload the song then choose the section I want in up to a minute segment. I can make it an escalating tone too. And it's free. Same with wallpapers
    04-18-09 10:48 PM
    Email it to yourself
    04-20-09 09:31 PM
    Check out the app MP3 Trimmer. It makes trimming your tones super easy and you can add fade-ins and outs. It has some timer delays if you don't pay for it but it works great. If you have a microSD card you don't need to go through the hassle of emailing. Just mount it on your desktop and drag the files to the ringtones folder (assuming you formatted it on your BB).
    04-21-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD