I've been developing a game over the past few weeks called "Helicopter" and I just got it put in the app store.

Ever played iCopter or the online helicopter game?

The game I designed is a recreation of these games for the Blackberry Storm. Along with all the features these helicopter games have, I also added an additional game mode to it, where instead of just flying endlessly, you can set your game mode to "level mode" and complete levels that get harder as you progress. Of course, high scores are kept track of so you can show off to your friends.

Needless to say, the game is super addicting. I still play it all the time, and I've been around it a ton.

You can check it out in the blackberry app store or in the crackberry store here: Helicopter - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store The game name is "Helicopter" it should be under the games/arcade games section, but if not you can use the search tool to find it.

EDIT: here are some screen shots!

Last edited by tmaneri; 04-12-09 at 04:40 AM.
    04-09-09 03:12 PM
    Sorry, i looked for it.... couldn't find it...
    04-09-09 03:26 PM
    Yeah i bought it last night
    Little Pricy bro, its a good game
    but wanna send me a doller back and ill be even happyier?
    04-09-09 03:29 PM
    Found it but damn RIM and their 2.99 minimum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 03:30 PM
    i was drunk when i bought it, it would be better if it was 99cents
    You would make alot more money.
    04-09-09 03:31 PM
    I agree a bit over priced but that limit is set by RIM not the dev.
    Yeah i bought it last night
    Little Pricy bro, its a good game
    but wanna send me a doller back and ill be even happyier?
    04-09-09 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I wanted to make it closer to $2 but its RIM's fault, not mine :P

But, you should all know thats why I added the extra game mode and cool menu screen to the game so that it was more worth the money. I just think its nice because its one of the only games that was built solely for the storm.

Do you who actually have it like the level mode? was it a good addition?

EDIT: And if you can't find the game in the listing, you can search "helicopter" using the search feature on the main screen of the app store.
    04-09-09 03:48 PM
    can't find it
    04-09-09 03:53 PM
    Just bought it. I don't normally buy apps either. Good job man. It's pretty much on par with the iphone but something about the copter itself with the gravity seems to make it a little more difficult. I think it's the gravity force is too strong? Other than that it's def. a legit game. I'll be playing this whenever i'm bored or just want to challenge some friends haha.

For those of you complaining about the price, give the guy the $3 haha. I'm sure it took his some time and effort and he did a great job.
    04-09-09 03:59 PM
    just bought it, good work
    04-09-09 04:36 PM
    thanks for the kind replies guys I put alot of hard work into the game so hearing comments like this makes me feel like it was worth it

@UrbanGlowCam: the sensitivity is a bit higher than you might expect at first, but honestly, once you get used to it, you will be glad that it is more responsive. It will allow you to make sharper inclines and declines to dodge those ******* obstacles easier. I'll take this into consideration though for a future release!

-Tom
    04-09-09 04:53 PM
    It is so not good for me to have this on my phone...

Nice work!
    04-09-09 05:07 PM
    I love it.

I saw it listed lastnight, and almost bought it but thought I'd wait until I saw reviews for it. The moment I saw this post and saw it was from an independant dev and not some mindless company throwin out junk as quick as they can (there are a few of those), I went straight back to AppWorld and bought it.

It'll be great fun when I'm tryin to waste time at work. My only critique, similar to what somebody else mentioned about the gravity strength... I think the opposite is the problem. Gravity is fine, but the acceleration seems to spike (or maybe increases to rapidly), making it hard to hover when trying to go over barriers that have you near the ceiling. I try to rapidly tap to maintain a hover, but the moment you touch a little too long you go shooting up into the ceiling. But then again, I've only played with it a total of 15 minutes. I'm sure I'll get more time on it tonight.

And don't sweat the price. Well worth it!
    04-09-09 05:15 PM
    Good work, fun game..
    04-09-09 05:22 PM
    @rmjones101: thanks for the review, I will take this into consideration. I plan to put out version 2 in a few weeks once I get more quality reviews such as yours.

To everyone else, if you can't find the game, Blackberry told me that "it takes 6-24 hours for your app to be distributed amongst all servers." So I guess just keep your eyes open for a bit!

Also, I hope all of you who download it leave these reviews in the store as well!

Keep the comments coming

-Tom
    04-09-09 05:47 PM
    oo I've been looking for a game just like this! i'll download it and leave my review afterwards.
    04-09-09 08:08 PM
    Too bad it can only be had from APP half world.
    That means half the world cannot download your app cause we are not in the US.
    04-09-09 08:16 PM
    I don't think that is under my control, I just submitted it to the app world. Shouldn't anyone with app world be able to get it?
    04-09-09 08:32 PM
    For iphone/ipod touch this is free.

04-09-09 08:41 PM
    Not originally, iCopter costs money, or at least did on its initial launch. But thanks for bashing my 3 months of work!

You also have to realize that there are 10,000+ apps on ipod now, and only about 300 on the storm.

-Tom
    04-09-09 08:47 PM
    I don't think that is under my control, I just submitted it to the app world. Shouldn't anyone with app world be able to get it?
    That is just it we can't get app world in other parts of the world.

Might want to also put it here on CB's app store so the rest of the world can get it.
    04-09-09 08:56 PM
    That is just it we can't get app world in other parts of the world.

Might want to also put it here on CB's app store so the rest of the world can get it.
    How do I do that? I checked all over crackberry.com and didn't see anywhere to submit my app. I even emailed crackberry.com a while back about submitting and app and they never got back to me.
    04-09-09 09:02 PM
    Looks really good. Do you need any beta testers???
    04-09-09 09:15 PM
    and i just bought it too �2.35

Its great, nice work. Falls very sharp tho but ill get use to it.
    04-09-09 09:28 PM
    I got it downloaded and installed, so heres my 2cents:

The game is great, honestly I've tried several games for the storm and they all blow because they seem like they were just "ported" to the touch screen. This game however I can tell was built around the storm. the finger response is amazing.

The graphics also are sweet, I love the main menu screen with that cool helicopter in the background, I can tell alot of time was spend designing the graphics for this game.

The sounds are subtle, but they fit and sound good. I like the little "tweedledee" sound that plays when you beat a level, and the crash sound fits.

NOTE: I did notice that if you wnat to turn the sound off, you just use the blackberry storm volume buttons (the hard keys on the side of the phone)

The gameplay is exactly what I imagined when I saw what the game was about. I like the fact that your progress is saved in the level mode... so if you get to level 10 and have to go to class, just close the game and your progress is saved.

Honestly, those of you not wanting to spend $3 for an app, you might want to think it over.

I know I'm new to the forum, but in my opinion this game gets a solid 4.5/5
    04-09-09 09:31 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD