Hey got a letter in the mail from Verizon saying that I have been automatically enrolled in there "VIP Program" which features include 25% off wireless accessories, Free Phone book Transfer to new phone. Two bullet points that caught my attention was Wavied Fees on select transaction and $50 off any new phone or PDA every year with a two year renewal. Has anyone heard of this before. I tried to call CS but they confused me even more. the brochure that came with it says

"Take advantage of discounted phone prices early. Get the hottest phones, The lastest technology. And an exclusive $50 off the phone or PDA of your choice after the 12th month of a 2-Year Customer Agreement with a new 2 year renewal. Even better, 2 day shipping is free."

The fine print:
    "One phone upgrade permitted per year with a new 2-year renewal on calling plan of $79.99 or higher. Offer applies to primary line on account only. Get $50 off any phone or PDA device in stock, regular or promotionally priced. No cash or credit for unused discount or portion thereof. Must complete 12 full months of a 2 year Customer Agreement and renew for 2 year Customer Agreement to become eligible for the annual upgrade and $50 discount. Cannont be combined with other offers."

I take that as if I get a new phone next November when I complete my 12 months I can get a phone at the promo price - $50 coupon am i wrong?
    04-09-09 02:50 PM
    If you have a plan higher than $79.99(or $59.99 can't remember exatly) and a couple other factors you're a VIP. I was told that I had VIP status when I got my Storm.
    04-09-09 02:55 PM
    You can upgrade at 12 mo. yes, it you meet all the qualifications. (i.e .. primary, $79.99 plan, extend contract, etc as outlined in post).

This has been out 6 months or so.
    You also get a 25% discount on accessories.
    04-09-09 02:58 PM
    It's been out longer than that- I was told I was a VIP (with the same 12-month renewal offer) in October of 2007...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 03:07 PM
    That program has been around for quite awhile now. They used to send out cards with your number on it, but now its just entered into your info on their computer.
    04-09-09 03:11 PM
    How can you tell if you are or not?? they told me i was, but i never received anything like that.. or i just threw it away.. hahah
    04-09-09 03:13 PM
    If memory serves..and it probably doesn't.... .... back in 2007 sometime, they did away with the "New Every Two" program.....though I still get the benefits of it.... in a 24 month contract, at the 22 month mark, i'm eligible for $100 off when i sign a new 24 month contract....along with whatever "rebate" is currently being offered.

i think they rolled this out, to keep people from leaving VZW because people want to upgrade phones more often now.

But yeah, they should make this a more widespread program, because IMHO....every customer is a "VIP", because VZW, while I think their service is spectacular compared to others (again, in MY experience), they have a bit to be desired on the pricing end.....
    04-09-09 03:17 PM
    If I'm a VIP will it help me get in the clubs any better than standing in lines?
    04-09-09 08:58 PM
    The question remains....is the $50 discount applied to a discounted/promo price or a full priced phone?

04-09-09 09:03 PM
    It means that you are using your phone too much and they want you to switch to the Storm II when it is released later this year. lol
    04-09-09 09:06 PM
    when i got my voyager in november 2007 i was able to use the $50 mail in rebate offer they had for it at the time as well as my $50 off.
    04-09-09 09:08 PM
    The Verizon rep my wife spoke to about this VIP program said the fifty dollar deal applied to full retail and not the discounted price. Not that I doubt a Verizon rep but does anyone know for certain?

04-09-09 09:50 PM
    No its off NE2 for the primary line

04-09-09 09:55 PM
    They told me it was in addition to the 2 year promo price. Plus I still got 25% off accessories and they kiss my booty on a regular basis.

04-09-09 10:01 PM
    The VIP program gives you $50 off the upgrade price of a new phone on the primary line when using an annual upgrade.

It also waives phonebook transfer and early upgrade fees. (both are $20).
    04-09-09 10:06 PM
    you also get some sweet discounts if you're a teacher. i dont know if it varies from state to state, but im in illinois.

"If you teach at a public school & have Verizon you're eligible for 18% off your monthly bill, 25% off accessories"
    04-09-09 10:07 PM
    yes i also have been somewhat confused about this. I know it USED to be called the Merits program an i didnt think too much of it... this $50 thing intrigues me though...
    04-09-09 10:09 PM
    Ah crap. I forgot about this! I just renewed. They didn't say anything at the renewal time n it was the main line. I remember getting this though

04-09-09 10:58 PM
    If memory serves..and it probably doesn't.... .... back in 2007 sometime, they did away with the "New Every Two" program.....though I still get the benefits of it.... in a 24 month contract, at the 22 month mark, i'm eligible for $100 off when i sign a new 24 month contract....along with whatever "rebate" is currently being offered.

i think they rolled this out, to keep people from leaving VZW because people want to upgrade phones more often now.

But yeah, they should make this a more widespread program, because IMHO....every customer is a "VIP", because VZW, while I think their service is spectacular compared to others (again, in MY experience), they have a bit to be desired on the pricing end.....
    NE2 is still around but they tightened it up a bit. Instead of getting $50/$100 you get $30/$50. These are tiered and most likely have something to do with the VIP/79.99 or higher club iirc. I wanted to clarify though this applies to customers that signed up after a certain date. The rest of us who were here before will continue to get the $50/$100 NE2
    Last edited by oakindustries; 04-10-09 at 12:01 AM.
    04-09-09 11:46 PM
    Hey got a letter in the mail from Verizon saying that I have been automatically enrolled in there "VIP Program" which features include 25% off wireless accessories, Free Phone book Transfer to new phone. Two bullet points that caught my attention was Wavied Fees on select transaction and $50 off any new phone or PDA every year with a two year renewal. Has anyone heard of this before. I tried to call CS but they confused me even more. the brochure that came with it says

"Take advantage of discounted phone prices early. Get the hottest phones, The lastest technology. And an exclusive $50 off the phone or PDA of your choice after the 12th month of a 2-Year Customer Agreement with a new 2 year renewal. Even better, 2 day shipping is free."

The fine print:
    "One phone upgrade permitted per year with a new 2-year renewal on calling plan of $79.99 or higher. Offer applies to primary line on account only. Get $50 off any phone or PDA device in stock, regular or promotionally priced. No cash or credit for unused discount or portion thereof. Must complete 12 full months of a 2 year Customer Agreement and renew for 2 year Customer Agreement to become eligible for the annual upgrade and $50 discount. Cannont be combined with other offers."

I take that as if I get a new phone next November when I complete my 12 months I can get a phone at the promo price - $50 coupon am i wrong?
    Yep....that program has been around for a while.
    04-09-09 11:49 PM
    well i don't know why you guys are so siked about this deal. It's only $50 off. You also get additional $75 off if you wait for the NE2 and when you contract is about expire. I've been with verizon for 6 years. They've sent me the additional $75 for the past 4 years. Every time when my contract was to expire.

and if you think about it you're tied down to another 3 years to verizon. I never took the offer cuz you get better deals waiting 10 more months and the phones are cheaper and you end up getting more choices. sometimes they screw you over like the whole storm situation!!! storm 2 already are you serious? but then maybe i'll take the $50 offer then.
    04-10-09 02:19 AM
    Wow, let's get the VIP program straight for peeps...

1) The set paramaters for what qualifies a customer for VIP are not publicly realeased on purpose. Corporate VZW makes that call and they don't want their reps taking off discounts at the counter based on their opinion of whether or not they should be VIP. But basics are at least 79.99+ line, clear payment history, long time customer, etc.

2) 25% off Accessories

3) No service fees (i.e., phonebook transfers, restocking fee's, activation fee)

4) The 79.99+ line can upgrade their equipment at $50 off the 2yr contract price after 12 months. This resets your contract 2 years from phone purchase, it does NOT tack it on to the end of your existing contract.

5) One time per year price plan rework with full refund of overage.

Think that's all... if I come up with more later I'll edit this post, but that's the stuff I remember for sure.
    04-10-09 07:38 AM
    Wow Sangwich.....might want to resize that pic. Whew.
    04-10-09 08:00 AM
    when ever i go to verizon they give me 30% off. not 25%. ??
    04-10-09 09:08 AM
    I have 4 phones and pay well over 300 a month and still get treated like crap
    04-10-09 09:28 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD