I have an email notification that won't go away! I have cleared all messages and it's still there telling me I have an unread message! How do i get that off?
    04-09-09 12:36 AM
    Battery pull should fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 01:07 AM
    I had the same problem with my 8330 when I was running 4.3 with the Today theme. My solution will not make any sense, but this is what worked for me. If you haven't deleted the message yet. Go back to your messages folder. Menu button click on it and select "Mark as unread". Then exit out and go back to your home screen. The notification should be gone. Then go back in to messages, read it, and the notification should stay gone.

I had this issue constantly, and this (other than the ever-faithful battery pull) would fix it. Now that I've upgraded to 4.5, I've had no such problems.

Hope this helps.
    04-09-09 01:12 AM
    I had the same problem with the voice mail icon. I'd dial the voice mail "No new messages" Battery pull didn't fix it either. It just went away on it's own after 2 days or so. They tend to fix themselves... Wish my computer could do that
    04-09-09 01:31 AM
    Pull the battery. Should be the fix.
    04-09-09 01:36 AM
    Pulling the battery actually worked! I feel so stupid that I didn't think of something so simple...lol Thanks everybody
    04-09-09 01:45 AM
    I had something similar, and it was driving me nuts. Finally, I realized I'd accidentally saved an unread email. Once you save it, it becomes hidden in your inbox, but the icon still shows, because it's unread!
    JennyLynnNJ, gradwvu and rfig like this.
    04-09-09 07:25 AM
    Hey tried the saved messages advice and it totally worked!!! It was pissing me off so much to see that damn icon!! I would have never have thought of that, thank God for Forums!
    06-29-10 07:23 PM
    go into main messages icon, click menu, click view saved messages, go to the top row, press menu, click on "mark prior opened"

Worked for me, thanks to the people above this post!

cheers
    03-28-11 04:03 PM
    None of the above solutions worked for me, any help? my email is Gmail
    04-28-11 01:05 AM
    From your mail screen press alt-I, alt-O, or the letter V. This should bring up incoming, outgoing and saved messages. Could be a message you saved and never read. If it has not been opened it won't go away until deleted.

05-01-11 04:23 PM
    From your mail screen press alt-I, alt-O, or the letter V. This should bring up incoming, outgoing and saved messages. Could be a message you saved and never read. If it has not been opened it won't go away until deleted.

I was having this issue on my new Bold 9930. It turns out alt-I in my Gmail account was necessary.

Thanks, it was driving me crazy.
    09-12-11 09:52 AM
    Crowleyman, thanks for the help! That was exactly what happened to me. I accidentally saved an e-mail and it was being shown as unread. It was driving me insane! All the best to you! PS: I had tried everything, including pulling the battery.

09-15-11 05:28 PM
    I had something similar, and it was driving me nuts. Finally, I realized I'd accidentally saved an unread email. Once you save it, it becomes hidden in your inbox, but the icon still shows, because it's unread!
    THANK YOU! This worked for me as well.
    10-10-11 11:58 AM
    I was having this issue on my new Bold 9930. It turns out alt-I in my Gmail account was necessary.

Thanks, it was driving me crazy.
    same here, just upgraded my 9900's OS and phantom emails were in my gmail account. Alt-I showed the emails and now everything is back to normal. CB forums to the rescue yet again.
    01-05-12 02:55 PM
    Folks,
    I was having the same annoying unopened / unread message icon that was not going away even after reading all mails or messages. I have noticed the number of unopened messages count increases each time I do a phone battery pull. Recently I have noticed, this is a blackberry mobile phone registration message with BB icon. Go to messages and search for all unopened messages (Don't enter any phrase in search area). You will find the message with blackberry icon. open it or delete it. You're done
    11-20-12 01:47 PM
    Awesome...the icon was irritating since many days.. I now see smart home screen.. Many thanks
    06-25-13 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD