I've written letters to C.E.O. Of VZW. Anyway you can think of I've done it.
    The letters usually regard the storm of coarse and my questions and concerns.
    Finally I've been swapping emails with somebody who's responded to my letters, and has even called me.
    She kept referring to my storm as "Storm1" but was unable to tell further details.
    We're working on getting me a replacement and a heck of a deal.
    I hope verizon can get things sorted out, and fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:22 PM
    Since you're dealing with a replacement issue, maybe she is referring to your current Storm as Strorm #1, to differentiate from your replacement Storm.
    04-08-09 04:26 PM
    Could have been the case if the replacement was a storm. I may be receiving a "loaner" until things are sorted out.
    In her messages she states clearly "storm1" hmm

04-08-09 04:33 PM
    any business majors here? you realize its a really bad marketing strategy to come up with a Storm2 in less than or within a year.

It brings an image that the Storm had to replaced by a new model because of lack of expectations. Makes Verizon look careless but then again Verizon is known for having crappy phone line ups.
    04-08-09 04:47 PM
    the storm 2 is not a myth.

My father is a Verizon executive, fairly high up, and has told told me that there will be a New Storm out sometime in the Fall of this year.
    04-08-09 04:48 PM
    i always use up my Every 2 at the wrong time. DAMN VERIZON!!!
    04-08-09 04:51 PM

My father is a Verizon executive, fairly high up, and has told told me that there will be a New Storm out sometime in the Fall of this year.
    and my dog who is a purebred Great Dane who i got in Missouri and we now live in North Carolina has told me through his powers of telepathy that there is actually not a storm 2 but infact its called the milky way.
    04-08-09 04:52 PM
    Oh yeah? I guess my dog's cat's flea's VZW rep lied to him - he said it was the creamy milky way.
    04-08-09 04:54 PM
    the prototype can be found in the caves of candy mountain. Ask charlie the unicorn for directions.
    04-08-09 04:58 PM
    Oh yeah? I guess my dog's cat's flea's VZW rep lied to him - he said it was the creamy milky way.
    is that becouse you will cream your pants when you first use it? Becouse you know it will be better than sex they say. atleast thats what my dog says but then thats probably becouse i had his balls cut off. He is allways trying his jedi mind tricks on me.
    04-08-09 04:59 PM
    I've written letters to C.E.O. Of VZW. Anyway you can think of I've done it.
    The letters usually regard the storm of coarse and my questions and concerns.
    Finally I've been swapping emails with somebody who's responded to my letters, and has even called me.
    She kept referring to my storm as "Storm1" but was unable to tell further details.
    We're working on getting me a replacement and a heck of a deal.
    I hope verizon can get things sorted out, and fast.

Brian,

Can you PM me the address that you sent your letters to? I'd like to throw a few their way. Thanks.
    04-08-09 04:59 PM
    ...a business major.

I disagree. It could be a great plot to continue hype on the device. It leaves little down time in the marketing of a device that is a flagship device if you will. Think of it this way, would you want one? I know that I would (if it is similar to the Storm 1, with wifi and improved use of the hardware). And so will so many others that do not have one.

I know that there are so many here (and there are reports) that gave the Storm a bad rap. But that did not stop RIM/VZW from selling over 1.5m of them so far. Remember, we here on CB are the minority. Those that hate the device are not the majority either.

any business majors here? you realize its a really bad marketing strategy to come up with a Storm2 in less than or within a year.

It brings an image that the Storm had to replaced by a new model because of lack of expectations. Makes Verizon look careless but then again Verizon is known for having crappy phone line ups.
    04-08-09 05:39 PM
    "The Fall" could = "November," which would be a year after the first was released (November 22?).

To the "non-business majors," you have to understand about semantics, multi-dimensional scaling, market forecasting, and conjoint analysis (in addition to branding and so forth). It's not just about "marketing" the way you think about marketing.

If "Storm1" has lived its useful life (and has lost money along the way), Storm2 may use less expensive parts (or more durable parts) that could save Verizon and RIM a lot of money in the long-run.
    04-08-09 05:47 PM
    Who is going to buy an "old" one with the Storm 2 coming sooo soon?
    04-08-09 06:12 PM

For many products, possibly. But for cell phones, the average life (globally) of a new phone is less than a year, so it makes a lot of business sense to continue to push new ones out.

When you bought the Storm, I hope you didn't fool yourself into thinking that Verizon was going to wait three years to come up with a better one.
    04-08-09 06:15 PM
    We should tell the car companies this and maybe they won't make a new car every year . . .

04-08-09 06:22 PM
    Since you're dealing with a replacement issue, maybe she is referring to your current Storm as Strorm #1, to differentiate from your replacement Storm.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    I had pearl 1. 2.3 curve 1.2 and now storm 1

04-08-09 06:23 PM
    would you prefer that rim releases their gold code for the storm (1) and then shut down shop and never create a phone ever again ? just stop all advancement in technology because you paid 199 bucks for a phone on a three year contract. Come on
    04-08-09 06:41 PM
    Go Storm 2! I just became a VIP member of Verizon Wireless meaning I will get a bigger discount on my Storm 2!
    04-08-09 06:59 PM

LOL haha. haha.
    04-08-09 06:59 PM
    Writing letters to the CEO of Verizon, all I can say is wow.
    04-08-09 07:07 PM
    Go Storm 2! I just became a VIP member of Verizon Wireless meaning I will get a bigger discount on my Storm 2!
    how does one become a vip member of Verizon? i would sure love to fill that application out
    04-08-09 07:16 PM
    Writing letters to the CEO of Verizon, all I can say is wow.

hhhhaahaahahaahaa classic
    04-08-09 07:20 PM
    I swear, I had a hard day at work but reading the first page of this I laughed my *** off! Thank you all for making my day! You guys are great...and very funny.
    04-08-09 07:27 PM
    madphone....

I see you are a verizon user, and have version 122? how did you get that OS? and do you like it better than 113?
    04-08-09 09:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD