Major Upgrade

Hey everyone, I know it seems like I haven't updated StormSlots in a while and this is why. I was in the process of a complete overhaul of the gameplay, appearance, code and payouts. I tried to include everything that was requested before, but something just didn't workout.

What's new?
    - Payouts have changed a little bit
    - Multiplier 1x, 2x, 3x and 4x. It's based off of an algorithm, the higher the multiplier the less you will actually get it
    - Larger Reels
    - Larger fonts
    - New Code! I changed the code up quite a bit. I tried to make it more resource friendly. This should help a ton with laggyness that some users experienced. It should also fix the bug where the screen goes all crazy and locks up
    - It's a little harder to win now. It's no longer win everytime like it pretty much used to be. Although with that being said with the addition of the multiplier your payouts have potential to be worth 4x as much.
    - New Sounds
    - New focus icon when you hover over it
    - Swipe right to go to cashout screen. While in cashout screen swipe left to go back to slot machine
    - Completely redid the retrieval / submit score system. You should no longer have any problems with those. If you're spins are messed up let me know and I will put them back to normal. There was a bug that set some users spins at like 200k.
    - Changed the randomnees of each reel. Their now based off of a completely new algorithm.

This new version has undergone a ton of testing including stress tests and everything seems to be 100%.

You can get the latest version by going to on your storm
    http://www.tinyurl.com/StormSlots

You can purchase the game from the link below
    StormSlots - Games BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

I'm going to let you guys test it out first before I upload it to the appworld
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 04-08-09 at 04:05 PM.
    04-08-09 04:01 PM
    Niiiice....

Edit: Just tried it out. Good update, like the sound effects.
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 04-08-09 at 04:22 PM.
    04-08-09 04:02 PM
    Awesome man! Great work!
    04-08-09 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the update - didn't know if you were getting my pm's but I guess you were
    04-08-09 04:26 PM
    Dam it was hard to win before omg was hoping for maybe a easy and hard level

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:54 PM
    Nice work thanks dmg
    04-08-09 05:45 PM
    btw no lockups in over 500 spins - looks like a winner.

One digression though - you have to type your username in everytime you submit, its not "remembering" it like the old one did. And no I'm not exiting the program. It remembers the cumulative score since starting, but not the username. Spin, submit score, back, back, spin, submit score, it remembers the score but not the username.

Only problem with reducing the chance of winning is, and I've brought this up in the past - all anyone that wants to stay on top of the leaderboard has to do is, NOT upgrade, and they'll NEVER be caught up to.
    04-08-09 06:18 PM
    Niiiice....

Edit: Just tried it out. Good update, like the sound effects.
    Yeah, I'm still searching for the perfect sound that will loop nicely and sound good.

Awesome man! Great work!
    Thank you thank you =)

Thanks for the update - didn't know if you were getting my pm's but I guess you were
    Yeah, I don't always respond to pm's. I usually get so many of them. I try to respond to most of them though. I always read them though and fix bugs / problems.

Dam it was hard to win before omg was hoping for maybe a easy and hard level

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, I can't please everyone I guess. While it is a little harder to win now (not all that much harder) you will find yourself winning a lot more. It wouldn't make sense to have a hard / easy level because everyone would just keep it on the easy level lol.

With every change I make to the payouts people either love it or complain. I try to keep the payout realistic, but at the same time add a few things t enhance the fun.

Nice work thanks dmg
    Thanks
    04-08-09 06:20 PM
    btw no lockups in over 500 spins - looks like a winner.

One digression though - you have to type your username in everytime you submit, its not "remembering" it like the old one did. And no I'm not exiting the program. It remembers the cumulative score since starting, but not the username. Spin, submit score, back, back, spin, submit score, it remembers the score but not the username.

Only problem with reducing the chance of winning is, and I've brought this up in the past - all anyone that wants to stay on top of the leaderboard has to do is, NOT upgrade, and they'll NEVER be caught up to.
    Awesome to hear, it hasn't locked up on me either.

As for the remembering username I'm working on that and should be available next release. I was planning on having with this build but I ran into some problems with it.

As for the top players not upgrading that would be their loss. Even though it's a little harder to win now you still end up winning more then you did before. For example if you hit 3bar-777-777 4x it's now worth 1440 when it used to be worth 360.
    04-08-09 06:24 PM
    Any chance I can get a new serial sent to me? I had the original version of slots with the old serial, and when I went to .113 it wanted the new version serial and I just never asked you for it.
    04-08-09 06:29 PM
    Any chance I can get a new serial sent to me? I had the original version of slots with the old serial, and when I went to .113 it wanted the new version serial and I just never asked you for it.
    yeah pm me your pin number and I will send you a new serial
    04-08-09 06:34 PM
    This app just keeps on getting better and better. The upgrade with the multiplier is just like a fourth reel on a slot machine. Great job, now I have to buy the yatzee app, because this app rocks.
    04-08-09 07:07 PM
    Nicely done, thanks again!
    04-08-09 07:38 PM
    I just installed the new update and now it tells me my serial number is invalid.
    04-08-09 08:05 PM
    This app just keeps on getting better and better. The upgrade with the multiplier is just like a fourth reel on a slot machine. Great job, now I have to buy the yatzee app, because this app rocks.
    =) people request a lot of stuff and I try to include as much as I can. I'm glad you like it. I will try to keep making it better and better. I never just stop working on apps. I might take some time off from an app but I always go back in add things.

Nicely done, thanks again!
    Thanks thanks

I just installed the new update and now it tells me my serial number is invalid.
    You must have had the old old version. PM me your pin number and I will send you a new serial
    04-08-09 08:53 PM
    dmglakewood: It appears I can't PM you becuase I haven't had enough posts. "To be able to send PMs your post count must be 10 or greater."

my pin is 30571A2A
    04-08-09 09:20 PM
    Also btw - I saw this post (before I upgraded) and tried to use the in-game "check for updates" but it didn't do anything - I ended up going back through my old emails and finding the email with the link from when I first installed it. Forgot to mention that earlier. Again, thanks for keeping this game fun! 3 spots from the top and have to get over 2 million more, gonna be at this a while... "hey grandkids, wanna play slot machine? it doesn't crash anymore"...
    04-08-09 09:38 PM
    Also btw - I saw this post (before I upgraded) and tried to use the in-game "check for updates" but it didn't do anything - I ended up going back through my old emails and finding the email with the link from when I first installed it. Forgot to mention that earlier. Again, thanks for keeping this game fun! 3 spots from the top and have to get over 2 million more, gonna be at this a while... "hey grandkids, wanna play slot machine? it doesn't crash anymore"...
    Yeah the Update inside the game used to work until RIM changed something with an OS. It no longer worked the way I had it setup. I will hopefully be implementing that in the future when RIM stops putting out a new beta build every week lol.
    04-08-09 09:41 PM
    Great update. Works perfectly after 1,000 spins - no more freezing the phone.
    04-08-09 10:48 PM
    Yeah, awesome. I love the little intro splash screen to stormgrounds.com. Nice touch!
    04-08-09 10:58 PM
    Noticed you (finally) spelled Stormgrounds correctly too Dmg
    04-08-09 11:00 PM
    Great update. Works perfectly after 1,000 spins - no more freezing the phone.
    Awesome, that was my major concern was the freezing. I redid a lot of the code to fix that problem.

Yeah, awesome. I love the little intro splash screen to stormgrounds.com. Nice touch!
    Haha thanks. I figured it was only a matter of time until someone hacks the game and puts it online for everyone to download for free. There are sites out there that are doing that. Not much you can do to stop it so I figured a little advertising for the thiefs isn't as bad as getting nothing out of it lol.

Noticed you (finally) spelled Stormgrounds correctly too Dmg
    Yeah, I suck at typo's. I also think I'm dyslexic so even when I re-read something i can't tell it's mispelled anyways lol.
    04-08-09 11:10 PM
    Just another THANKS!! to ya DMG, this app was awesome from the 1st release, each upgrade has been quite the bonus!!

I love the Yahtzee too, way back family favorite and its nice to have handy, Thanks for the kewlio stuff!!
    04-08-09 11:22 PM
    Thanks seems to work great. I purchased the previous version, and I don't seem to have an issue with serial numbers. In fact it doesn't ask me for anything. Should I assume that all is okay with the serial number?
    04-08-09 11:35 PM
    Okay the upgrade is now available in the Blackberry Appworld if people were waiting to purchase / upgrade it there
    04-09-09 02:42 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD