if any of you great tech know how to mod the storm into a true touch screen?

i am so frustrated with the storms in-ability to keep up to my txting speed

maybe a nice crackberry accessory as a reward for sucessful help

recap .. i want to eliminate the need to actually push the screen on the storm thkx much
    04-08-09 02:10 PM

recap .. i want to eliminate the need to actually push the screen on the storm thkx much
    I would love this feature too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 02:27 PM
    ???

Then why buy the Storm? Sounds like you want a Jesus phone instead.
    04-08-09 02:28 PM
    It's not possible sorry

</close thread>
    04-08-09 02:31 PM
    Unfortunately, this currently is not possible, from what I have gathered from those who would know (dmglakewood for example). Developers cannot mess with the virtual keyboard.
    Then why buy the Storm? Sounds like you want a Jesus phone instead.
    I didn't want to be the first to say it.

First, it wouldn't be a 3rd party application (where this thread is located). Second, I'd be hard-pressed to say that it's even possible, let alone the thought of voiding your warranty completely.

I have loosened my screws up a bit, which makes it "easier" to click ... along with a few other "tricks" listed throughout the forums...

edit: triple post...
    thanks to all ... being a dummy i just thought that hey the storm recognizes the touch and highlights it y cant we skip the clicking

and this already is the jesus phone ... he sent me a great video message lol
    04-08-09 02:41 PM
    It is possible for third party developers to make their apps function the way you want. But they can't modify BlackBerry's OS, so the default applications / everything else would still use the click.
    04-08-09 03:29 PM
    i just think it would be a good feature to give you the option to just press the key instead of having to click. when i'm in class or in a meeting my screen clicks pretty loud. if they gave us this feature it would let me text without having to make noise.
    04-08-09 03:31 PM
    Storm II will fixify this for you, just stay tuned and be ready to spend more money on the newest thing.
    04-08-09 04:10 PM
    Storm II will fixify this for you, just stay tuned and be ready to spend more money on the newest thing.
    No need to start / spread rumors.

The storm 2 itself is still a rumor you can't make up rumors about rumors lol.

No one has said anything about RIM implementing this feature in any of their touchscreen devices.
    04-08-09 04:13 PM

There are plenty of devices that might be a better fit for you.
    04-08-09 05:05 PM
    No need to start / spread rumors.

The storm 2 itself is still a rumor you can't make up rumors about rumors lol.

No one has said anything about RIM implementing this feature in any of their touchscreen devices.
    Well, I knew a guy that has a sister that is a VZW store greeter and....she knew Kevin Bacon.
    04-08-09 10:16 PM
    I must agree that you are better off with a different phone.
    04-08-09 10:22 PM
    Well, I knew a guy that has a sister that is a VZW store greeter and....she knew Kevin Bacon.
    Mmmmmmmm, bacon...
    I think I know that greeter!
    04-08-09 10:35 PM
    I do like the click screen but it does seem less practical to not have the option of switching to a true touchscreen when the phone is fully capable of that feature.
    04-08-09 11:33 PM
    I do like the click screen but it does seem less practical to not have the option of switching to a true touchscreen when the phone is fully capable of that feature.
    Its not an iPhone or any other touch screen that only senses the touch and does not receive actual pushing pressure. Why want the feature when you bought a phone knowing what the actual feature was on the Storm? It doesnt make sense to me.

Just so you know Im not flaming and I am just discussing.
    04-09-09 12:30 AM
    Yeah I I just don't understand some people.

And stop saying its not a "true" touchscreen.

04-09-09 12:33 AM
    Its not an iPhone or any other touch screen that only senses the touch and does not receive actual pushing pressure. Why want the feature when you bought a phone knowing what the actual feature was on the Storm? It doesnt make sense to me.

Just so you know Im not flaming and I am just discussing.
    I agree it's practical sometimes, but I too would like to see a touch version of the keyboard. Pressing the screen over and over again while typing just sucks. When I get a bunch of texts I have to take a break because my thumbs get tired lol.

Also the whole "it's more accurate when you click the screen" is just bs. I make just as many mistakes as I do with any other virtual keyboard lol.

Why does everyone always bash the iPhone? Just face it the iPhone perfected quite a few things. Requesting these features doesn't mean we want an iPhone. For example I would never trade my storm for an iPhone but I would love their threaded SMS, flick scrolling and web browser. That doesn't make me an apple fanboy or anything like that.
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 04-09-09 at 12:40 AM.
    04-09-09 12:35 AM
    I agree it's practical sometimes, but I too would like to see a touch version of the keyboard. Pressing the screen over and over again while typing just sucks. When I get a bunch of texts I have to take a break because my thumbs get tired lol.

Also the whole "it's more accurate when you click the screen" is just bs. I make just as many mistakes as I do with any other virtual keyboard lol.

Why does everyone always bash the iPhone? Just face it the iPhone perfected quite a few things. Requesting these features doesn't mean we want an iPhone. For example I would never trade my storm for an iPhone but I would love their threaded SMS, flick scrolling and web browser. That doesn't make me an apple fanboy or anything like that.

Because, while the iPhone has some amazing usability features that make it eay to use - you have to remember most people on this forum have already looked at the iPhone and found the items it is missing to support business use make it an inferior product for work - regardless of ease of use. That decision has been made (and I agree), and people get tired of iPhone comments on a Blackberry thread. If the useability features are more important than the productivity (remove battery, file management, multitasking) than the feeling is you should go get an iPhone and post on their forum. Talking about iPhone even a few features is a non starter because of the absurd amount of Jesus phone fanboys who spout ridiculous claims every day.
    04-09-09 07:45 AM
    Wow, "actual" touch screen. It IS a touch screen, just a different kind. What part of the phone do you TOUCH? The SCREEN.

04-09-09 07:54 AM
    Listen, I can understand that people like the touch screen without a click. I personally hate the touch screen without the click. However, if you really don't like typing with the click - you should not have gotten the phone. Or atthe very least switched within your 30 days since it is clear after day 1 you cannot turn it off. I think that is why people shake their head . . . there are a slew of non click phones . . HTC, Jesus Phone, samsungs . . etc etc
    04-09-09 08:01 AM

Personally Im not an iPhone hater. I have seen that alot on this site but it is going to be that way unfortunately. Im sure we will be able to get an app that allows flip scrolling and hopefully with OS updates if the real ones ever come that can upgrade the browsing and SMS. Ive said my opinion before is not that I dislike the iPhone, I dislike the popularity that it has become. I prefer to go the way that not many people do when it comes to tech since being unique is what I like.

Sure the iPhone is a better operating phone currently and they do have many options that would be nice on the Storm. I think eventually we will have a Storm world where most people dont need to compare to the iPhone. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    04-09-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD