Hey baseball fan,

I was looking at MLB Mobiles website yesterday when I came across this app for the iPhone. This thing look so great! I and many others im sure would love to have this app avail for the blackberry. It is the end all be all of baseball information on your mobile phone. I'm not sure if many Devs visit this forum but is anyone looking for a new project? I'm sure one could easy sell this for $9.99. I know I would pay that for it no problem. Also does anyone want this? Would you like to see this app on the BB? If so post about it so we might be able to get enough people who want it that a Dev will try to make something like it.

thanks,
    nerdbomb
    04-08-09 01:51 PM
    I recently purchased MLB mobile Premium and it's awesome.

And yes, if I could view it in a nice, tidy app instead of the browser, that would be nice too.
    04-08-09 01:59 PM
    I would buy that app for $10 in a heartbeat!!
    04-08-09 02:09 PM
    I recently purchased MLB mobile Premium and it's awesome.
    How is the Premium service? What all does it intel? I'm actually thinking about signing up for that on payday but I wanted to talk to someone who already has it to see if its worth it.
    04-08-09 02:10 PM
    I would buy that app for $10 in a heartbeat!!
    I would even pay more than that.
    04-08-09 02:13 PM
    yup its been up for awhile now. I am not sure if MLB is going to give the Storm/BB any love on this. Its my hopes they would, I would also purchase it in a heart beat! but you can use their mobile page to at least get the same information. its not as gooey and yummy looking thou. but it works until MLB gives us some loving too.
    04-08-09 02:17 PM
    dang thats a sweet looking app! i think its the first time i got jealous of the iPhone lol
    04-08-09 02:18 PM
    dang thats a sweet looking app! i think its the first time i got jealous of the iPhone lol
    yea, same here. I'm only jelous of the app the iPhone can keep their "push" alerts haha.
    04-08-09 02:22 PM
    I would be in for sure!
    04-08-09 02:24 PM
    yea, same here. I'm only jelous of the app the iPhone can keep their "push" alerts haha.

ya i looked at the iPhone for one second when it game out and disregarded it lol

I am so happy with the storm. It just going to take some time for apps to become mainstream.

I am sure MLB will give us the Love we want. But no one can develop an app like that. I will have to come from MLB or RIM or another company that is licensed by MLB to release the app.

I remember someone wrote an app about 3 or 4 years ago for WM phones to get game video off of MLB (if you had the mlb.tv subscription) you could log in with your user id and use this app to view. he got his bottom side (i typed the b u double tt word and it got censored lol) sued big time.

i think that app was only around for a month or less before MLB lawyers went after him.
    04-08-09 02:30 PM
    How is the Premium service? What all does it intel? I'm actually thinking about signing up for that on payday but I wanted to talk to someone who already has it to see if its worth it.
    The premium service is pretty good. It's available through your WAP browser. It shows pitch by pitch stats, and you can listen to the game through your media player. You can do this for any major league game.

People have had trouble getting it to work, but it seems they've worked out most of the kinks, and it runs smoothly for me. The games play with no lag (provided you have a good connection), and the pitch by pitch animation is the next best thing to actually watching the game.

Best 15 bucks I've spent on this phone.
    04-08-09 02:35 PM
    I had this app for my iTouch last season, it is amazing. Needs to be produced for the Storm!
    04-08-09 02:36 PM
    Best 15 bucks I've spent on this phone.
    Is the gameday audio included in the $15 or do I have to buy that off mlb.com to go with it?
    04-08-09 02:43 PM
    That's included in the $15 Mobile Premium.
    04-08-09 02:51 PM
    I would pay more than 10 for an app like this. How about other sports..... NFL! NHL!
    04-08-09 04:48 PM
    I would pay more than 10 for an app like this. How about other sports..... NFL! NHL!

I thought there was an NHL app for that...
    04-08-09 04:50 PM
    Is there? The only hockey app I know of is the Hockey News app.
    04-08-09 04:55 PM
    Is there? The only hockey app I know of is the Hockey News app.

Thats what i was talking about.... sorry.
    04-08-09 05:05 PM
    i wish we had this app for the storm mlb should make it the demand is there
    04-08-09 05:41 PM
    Absolutely would get that.
    04-08-09 05:50 PM
    I def. would pay $10 or even $15 for this app.
    04-08-09 05:59 PM
    I had this app on my iTouch last season and I believe it was only $4.99
    04-08-09 06:30 PM
    i just get sms alerts and watch on the browser when i can...i DID use the radio companion to listen to boston's WEEI sports station to listen to the games on an AM feed but it got removed from the app i guess...wtf!!! can't a guy get to listen to boston games for free while not being in boston? lame....phuck capitalism!
    04-08-09 06:46 PM
    espn mobile does it for free
    04-08-09 06:58 PM
    haha yea, that app > Espn Mobile.
    04-09-09 07:46 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD