i just up'ed to .122 and now under advanced options wireless updates not there anybody kno why ?
    04-08-09 01:24 PM
    I'm running 122 and the option for Wireless Update is still there. Is that the only thing missing?
    04-08-09 01:28 PM
    I've installed .122 as well from .113....The wireless update option is there on mine.
    Don't know why yours isn't. Have you done a battery pull? If not, then I'd recommend trying.
    04-08-09 01:29 PM
    ive done two quick pulls and also my default font is missing to the one that the storm started with
    04-08-09 01:31 PM
    Maybe its not there because verizon is tired of people waking up every morning and clicking on wireless update only to get "No updates available", then proceeding to call them/post of forums telling them how much they suck ballz.

I guess they figured it was easier to remove the option than to just man up and release an official update for us....lol

stoopid VZN
    04-08-09 01:32 PM
    nice concept but this os update is from bell lol
    04-08-09 01:33 PM
    This happened to a few Storms at launch, and basically it's just a messed up service book. Not sure whether or not simply resending service books will work, but if you do a search you'll find answers to this question from back around Nov/Dec.
    04-08-09 01:33 PM
    How did you upgrade to 122? Some have copied over the files and others have renamed folders and used all new folders. It almost sounds like the upgrade didn't go completely smooth and had a hiccup during the upgrade. I would try to recopy the files over the folders and run loader again. Someone else may have better solution.
    04-08-09 01:34 PM
    ok how do i resend my service books
    04-08-09 01:34 PM
    For the wireless update missing, try the following:

options>advanced options>service book> provisioning (otasl)>delete

once deleted, click the blackberry menu button and click "undelete". Do this until the option appears again (may require a battery pull, but usually doesn't).

As for the font, it probably just didn't get loaded on when you updated. Upload manually with the apploader.
    04-08-09 01:36 PM
    Maybe its not there because verizon is tired of people waking up every morning and clicking on wireless update only to get "No updates available", then proceeding to call them/post of forums telling them how much they suck ballz.

I guess they figured it was easier to remove the option than to just man up and release an official update for us....lol

stoopid VZN
    This prolly happens sooooooooooooo often. I'd love to see the number of tries the wireless update server gets hit on days like yesterday...
    04-08-09 01:44 PM
    ok how do i resend my service books
    Go into the setup folder on the device>Email setup>log in> Menu>service books
    04-08-09 01:48 PM
    thanks cx and everyone great help i appreciate it
    04-08-09 02:04 PM

stoopid VZN
    lol thats the funniest post ive read in a while thanx man
    04-08-09 02:04 PM
    ive done two quick pulls ...
    Might not help this time but I've found that a good old fashioned hard battery pull will work when Quickpull doesn't. Have even found a hard pull, leave it out for a while (30 minutes or an hour, maybe even overnight) before replacing, has corrected a couple problems that a 30 second pull didn't remedy.

My experience only, your mileage may vary.
    04-08-09 02:16 PM
    all ur help was awesome my problem was i used oneofakids slimmed version instead of the regular .122 java n cdma and i uploaded the regular now all is well thanks again
    04-08-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD