Finally got my camera back! AS PROMISED haha here it is...another BOB --> Black Out Berry

Note: I know the screen protector is all messed up..haha..i actually used the protector that came on the battery
    cover..BSE will be coming in the mail ;P

Feel free to use these as your avatar:

1 2 3

Avatar 1 http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9867/avatarcopyc.jpg
    Avatar 2 http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7495/avatar1lzc.jpg
    Avatar 3http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9094/avatar3cxj.jpg
    (I wasn't allowed to include more than 10 pictures in one thread so check out this link to see the 4th avatar)
    Avatar 4http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6079/avatar4gpd.jpg

I made a tutorial as well, click the link below to find out how to make your phone look just like mine!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hou...change-201687/

Having issues with the trackball that came with your housing? Don't worry, you're not alone. This tutorial I made may be your solution. Also handy for trackball disassembly and reassembly.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...6/#post2225904

The housing was purchased from GSM4WORLD at:
    BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330 OEM BLACK FULL HOUSING+KEYBOARD** - eBay (item 350178981521 end time Apr-15-09 06:56:45 PDT)

Auction contents:
    - Black Front faceplate
    - Black Lens
    - Precut double sided adhesive tape to attach the lens to the front faceplate
    - Full black keypad assembly (meaning home row keys are included)
    - Black trackball
    - Black unbranded bottom clip
    - Side rails (and all the little buttons that are on them)
    - Middle housing/ midpiece/ midplate (however you like to call it)
    - Black battery door
    - T5 Torque Screw Driver
    - T6 Torque Screw Driver
    - Housing Opening Tool

I'm not sure if I missed anything, but basically the entire housing. There was nothing in the auction that isn't included in the full housing. This is all you will need.
    Last edited by vtsang; 05-04-09 at 12:48 PM.
    04-08-09 02:59 AM
    sexy, how u do it ?
    04-08-09 03:02 AM
    Looks amazing, well done.

Now you need a black trackball ring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 03:02 AM
    sexy, how u do it ?
    haha you're ahead of the game, I'm actually working on posting up a tutorial right now, i'll have it up either later tonight or tomorrow.
    04-08-09 03:04 AM
    04-08-09 04:51 AM
    Ok maybe I'm just a lil slow or blind...but I can not find the number pad with the black TALK MENU BACK and END buttons..... did you get it from cnn.cn?
    04-08-09 01:36 PM
    Ok maybe I'm just a lil slow or blind...but I can not find the number pad with the black TALK MENU BACK and END buttons..... did you get it from cnn.cn?
    I'm not too sure what you mean? If you're talking about the home row keys, they're right there in the pictures...unless you're speaking of your own phone? In that case i'm not sure what the problem may be. I bought mine from GSM4WORLD on ebay.
    04-08-09 01:42 PM
    Looks really nice. Iv been looking at black housings for my 8330. Wish their was a way to make the chrome piece on by the speaker hole on the screen protecTor not chrome. Iv seen ways to do it on the ring around the ball. But I'm nervous to try the same method on the screen protector
    04-08-09 01:44 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am on tour and it would be impossible to try to do a switcharoo without ******* something up or even gettinng all the parts at the same ship spot! Wish there was a store I could hit up ahahhaha

04-08-09 01:45 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am on tour and it would be impossible to try to do a switcharoo without ******* something up or even gettinng all the parts at the same ship spot! Wish there was a store I could hit up ahahhaha

If you'd like to know where I got the housing for future reference, here is the URL for it

BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330 OEM BLACK FULL HOUSING+KEYBOARD** - eBay (item 350178981521 end time Apr-15-09 06:56:45 PDT)

I found that this was probably the most reliable seller on ebay with the cheapest price for the full housing which includes the black trackball, side rails, and full keypad assembly as well.
    04-08-09 01:50 PM
    Looks great! Sort of makes you feel like you have a totally new phone. I also ordered mine from gsm4world and have been very pleased!

04-08-09 02:23 PM
    I am on Verizon. Will changing the housing void my warrenty? The phone looks awesome!

04-08-09 03:07 PM
    nice!!!!! may i suggest BSE for a new screen protector? its 7.99 for two screen protectors including shiping..
    04-08-09 03:17 PM
    that looks awesome!
    04-08-09 03:41 PM
    dammnnn that looks so sick
    04-08-09 03:44 PM
    Love it - can't wait to someday do this for my own. I will never understand why V only offers silver and pink curves, I want choices and colors!! Or I guess the lack of color with a black one. Thanks for all the information on how to.

I am going to ask the question - what theme are you using? It looks like the 8900 replica that I love but with more apps up, something that I would make use of.
    04-08-09 04:18 PM
    looks awesome.
    Im thinking on doing the same thing to my 8320, but I'll put a green trackball.
    04-08-09 04:22 PM
    I've already changed my 8330 to the all black housing, but I just ordered a yellow track ball and a black track ball ring.

Can't wait to get this stuff completed..
    04-08-09 07:36 PM
    I am on Verizon. Will changing the housing void my warrenty? The phone looks awesome!

Well apparently there's a little white piece of tape that marks the warranty that should be on one of the t6 or t5 screws. Just carefully remove that with a knife or something and put it in a safe place where the adhesive won't lose its sticky properties.

nice!!!!! may i suggest BSE for a new screen protector? its 7.99 for two screen protectors including shiping..
    Ordering the full protector from BSE, haha thanks for the tip..yeah, my screen protector looks gross right now haha
    04-08-09 09:13 PM
    I believe you have a really good looking device now
    04-08-09 09:19 PM
    Love it - can't wait to someday do this for my own. I will never understand why V only offers silver and pink curves, I want choices and colors!! Or I guess the lack of color with a black one. Thanks for all the information on how to.

I am going to ask the question - what theme are you using? It looks like the 8900 replica that I love but with more apps up, something that I would make use of.
    The theme is called Precision L and the wallpaper I'm using is a high dynamic range photo from interfacelift. I haven't found a theme that i've liked more.

Here is the OTA link for the precision L theme (OS 4.5 required):
    http://mobile.blackberrytrade.com/th...ision_L-83.jad

The theme stands out much better with the background changed, trust me.

Here is the wallpaper I'm using:

Blackberry 83xx Wallpaper Fit Size (320 x 240):
    URL:
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7045/8320wpper.jpg

Large (1600 x 1200):
    http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b..._1600x1200.jpg
    Last edited by vtsang; 04-08-09 at 10:25 PM.
    04-08-09 09:33 PM
    That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
    04-08-09 10:13 PM
    What is BSE?

Thanks for the tutorial, I also commented in that thread too. Love the read theme you have linked here.

Nice work.
    04-08-09 11:10 PM
    What is BSE?

Thanks for the tutorial vstang, I also commented in that thread too. Love the red theme you have linked here.

Nice work.
    04-08-09 11:17 PM
    I gotta get myself one of those too
    04-09-09 11:38 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD