I have two users out of 250+ that can send messages but cannot receive them. We are using a BES and Exchange. I have tried doing the enterprise activation over, wiped the device, deleted the user off the BES and re-added them. I have also resent service books, and even tried changing the device and SIM card with no luck. I activated the account on a blackberry with a working number and still could not get the account to work. I also can not send PIN messages to the device from the BES, but I can send PIN messages from another blackberry. I can browse the web as well. Any ideas why the phone is not receiving email? We are using Exchange 2003 and manager 4.1.2.25.
    04-07-09 03:28 PM
    try restarting the dispatcher service on the bes
    04-10-09 10:11 AM
    Check their send as permissions as well..
    04-10-09 10:21 AM
    Generally speaking these users may have Admin privleages and need to be allowed to have send as permissions.
    04-10-09 10:23 AM
    b25junebug is spot on!
    04-10-09 11:26 AM
    I am having the almost exact same problem. 1 of our BB users can send emails from his BB but he cannot recieve any emails to his phone. This all happend after I did a folder redirection on this BB so he could see other folders than just Inbox on his phone. Does anyone have any ideas? How do I check his send as permissions? He is running the 9630. Again this all started after I set 2 folders to redirect to his bb. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Aaron
    10-30-09 12:43 PM
    "Send As" permissions are required to Send email - from the OP's description (and Dukill's too) the users can send ok.

To receive requires the bes service account to have "Receive As" permissions on the user's mailbox. This is the first place to look - AD Users and computers (turn on view -> advanced features), open the user properties, move to the security tab and verify the bes admin service account has "receive as" access to the mailbox.
    10-30-09 01:01 PM
    Check the permissons using IEMSTEST.exe from BES installation folder.
    10-31-09 02:02 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a dead thread but I need to fire it back up. I'm having the same issues. Its like every day a new person comes in and can send but not recieve. I've got 300+ devices on 2003 and BES 4.1.6.20. I've been able to fix some with service books, add/delete user from BES. Its utterly confusing to me. Has anyone figured out whith this happens, or know a fix? Thanks.
    04-23-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD