I know this topic has probably been beaten into the ground too... I did a search on "best browser for bold" and it returned 500+ results. Needless to say, I'm not interested in hunting through thousands of posts for my answer, so I thought I'd just start a new thread.

So what's the general consensus on this? I in many ways like the native browser, but I'm curious to see what other browsers have to offer and if I'm missing out on anything. I appreciate the input...
    04-07-09 01:14 PM
    Seems very personal. I have tried Opera and Bolt. Didn't really see a huge difference and I have just been using the native browser. I would say download each and live with it for a few days.
    04-07-09 01:19 PM
    Seems very personal. I have tried Opera and Bolt. Didn't really see a huge difference and I have just been using the native browser. I would say download each and live with it for a few days.
    Good point... Will give it a go. Does anyone have any input then on things that they found to be more beneficial on either Opera or Bolt? Memory, speed, etc...
    04-07-09 01:20 PM
    Bolt is getting A lot better. To tell you the truth 90% of the time im content with bb browser so I haven't tried opera on my bold so I can't give you a comparison.. Opera has the fast scrolling which I liked.. but they are all worth your time to check out
    04-07-09 01:25 PM
    I agree with Jkilla. Bolt is def getting a lot better. But I've been using the default BB Browser primarily.

I keep Bolt around for when I want to view non-WAP pages.
    04-07-09 01:27 PM
    bold is fast i enjoy it so far
    04-07-09 01:30 PM
    I may be the weirdo here, but I prefer the native browser.

I tried Opera Mini... I just don't like it.
    04-07-09 01:32 PM
    Use BB + Bolt.

BB is still better for column view on JS lite sites.
    04-07-09 01:33 PM
    i have gone back and forth between the native browser and bolt. i finally deleted bolt and stuck with the native browser. it works for me!
    04-07-09 08:45 PM
    I use BB, Opera, & Bolt in no particular order...@ times all @ once, just like on my pc I need to have multiple windows @ once (can you say ADD ...but mainly use the BB broswer to access secured sites (bank acct., ebay, paypal, etc.) as well as wap sites/mobile enhanced sites ...and the other two to browse full html sites...completely agree Bolt has improved greatly and is almost on par w/Opera

One thing I do give Opera slightly over the Bolt browser is when you "go back" a page, in Opera in is pretty instant (I guess the page is cached) and with Bolt it seems to have to reload the page causing a slight delay as if the page were first visited, other than that they are pretty comparable in many aspects...
    Last edited by kwues; 04-07-09 at 09:09 PM.
    04-07-09 09:04 PM
    I'm using Bolt now and I really like it. I had Opera Mini but found it took longer to load the pages, so I deleted. Prior to Bolt, I was using the BB browser.

I'm still hoping that Skyfire will be available to BB's soon.
    04-07-09 09:11 PM
    I use opera and BB browser pretty equally.
    04-07-09 09:12 PM
    Im just using the bb browser as well for now...Seems good enough
    04-07-09 09:16 PM
    Opera Mini; I've found it to be consistently faster than native. Am test driving Bolt.
    04-08-09 07:47 AM
    I prefer the native BB browser !
    04-08-09 10:44 AM
    I like the BB browser the best. Works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:03 AM
    I just use the native BB browser. If I need to do any heavy web browsing I'll just use my iPhone.

04-08-09 11:35 AM
    Once you update to a newer OS (I'm at .247) the default browser works fine. I wasn't a fan of Opera even though I know people rave about it, although it did have a couple of cool features. My personal opinion is any other browser is just something that takes up memory space that could be better utilized.
    04-08-09 12:03 PM
    blackberry browser. its a real browser.

i feel like opera and bolt are fake

but i would take bolt over opera
    04-08-09 01:17 PM
    i like the native the best. but i found that downloading seems to work better on bolt.so i would say i use bb 95% and bolt 5% when i cant download on bb browser.
    04-08-09 06:11 PM
    BB browser and Opera. Bolt's type size is a little to small for me.
    04-08-09 06:56 PM
    I had Mini and Bolt but after a few hours testing them I didn't see the point/thought it was a waste of space because they weren't that different from RIM's.

I love the BlackBerry and reinstalled Opera Mini more for Non WAP pages.

04-08-09 07:47 PM
    After the recent update for Bolt.... I've replaced Opera Mini with Bolt as I saw that there was no reason to continue using Opera Mini anymore..

But I do believe in having 2 browsers... I currently use the BB Browser (.247) for wap sites and for downloading apps OTA and themes OTA... And I use Bolt for full HTML sites plus I also use it for certain credit card sites like Capital One since the BB Browser can't open accounts..

Plus another benefit for having more than one browser... As stated earlier... Is that you can be on 2 different websites simultaniously... which has helped on several occasions

04-08-09 10:25 PM
    BB browser and Opera. Bolt's type size is a little to small for me.
    You can change the text size in menu/preferences....

04-08-09 10:28 PM
    After the recent update for Bolt.... I've replaced Opera Mini with Bolt as I saw that there was no reason to continue using Opera Mini anymore..

But I do believe in having 2 browsers... I currently use the BB Browser (.247) for wap sites and for downloading apps OTA and themes OTA... And I use Bolt for full HTML sites plus I also use it for certain credit card sites like Capital One since the BB Browser can't open accounts..

Plus another benefit for having more than one browser... As stated earlier... Is that you can be on 2 different websites simultaniously... which has helped on several occasions

I'm pretty sure BB

Browser can open your bank account(s) if you set Java Script on and Browser Identification to Internet Explorer under Options/Browser Configurations...I usually do that when I access my online bank and Credit Card accts. including PayPal, and have no problems accessing them.
    Yeah two browsers is good, but I prefer three @ once...more efficient for me at least both for work and casual browsing
    04-08-09 10:47 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD