ok...am I using the best app for twitter? I am using Yatca...and if there is a better one...which one? and then, how do I uninstall yatca if I change?..thanks!
    04-07-09 09:30 AM
    I use Yatca but was wondering how Twitterberry compares. Anybody care to share what their Twitterberry experience is like?

Yatca treats Twitter posts like it would any e-mail sent to you: it deposits it in your messages. So as long as you don't have a gazillion tweets, it's a cool way to keep up with what's coming in to your twitter.

Pros:
    - Easy way to track what comes in
    - The Yatca app itself is only a text box which asks, "What are you doing?", like Twitter.
    - You can update your twitter without having to go to the actual Yatca app by pressing the Blackberry menu key & selecting "Update Yatca Status".
    - Your phone will blink red, just like w/ an e-mail when you receive new tweets so it's easy to keep up with.
    - You can always delete twits that you're not interested in so it's a good way to filter through what you want to review later.

Cons:
    - Too many tweets coming in means you'll have A LOT of posts flooding your messages folder.
    - You can't see the pictures of people you tweet with/who tweet you
    - There's no way to see your twitter timeline exclusively. Instead you only get indiviual messages. Not an issue for me but may be for others.
    - The feature to attach a photo doesn't work... at least not on my 8900

Overall I like Yatca but am wondering how it belts up to the competition.

For more info: yatca.wordpress.com
    04-17-09 10:50 AM
    I tried Yatca and TwitterBerry. Between those two apps I would probably go with TB. Mainly because it has the typical Twitter look and feel to it. It supports most of the standard features, like Direct Message, Retweet, Reply, Follow, Unfollow, etc. When I used Yatca I did not like it at all, as it bloated my Inbox. Those standard features either did not exist or were difficult to use.

Persoanlly myself I am using SocialScope right now and love it. I have not found a better client for Twitter or Facebook updates. I am also checking out UberTwitter, it seems to be a very capable client as well. I would certainly recommend checking it out as well, you won't be disappointed.
    04-17-09 11:22 AM
    Give UberTwitter a try. It is a BETA, but seems real stable and pretty good.

ÜberTwitter Goes Open Beta- Seeking Testers | CrackBerry.com
    04-17-09 11:49 AM
    I tried UberTwitter because it looked promising but when it locked up twice when trying to upload a pic to twitpic....I went back to SocialScope
    04-17-09 01:21 PM
    It locked up on me to but I had a text come in during the upload process since then I've uploaded a ton of pictures without a problem been pretty stable for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 01:42 PM
    i haven't had any problems with ubertwitter...it is by far my favorite app for twitter on the storm
    04-17-09 02:28 PM
    I'm loving ubertwitter...no problems here. Also, thank god for an app that works the same on a pearl as it does on a storm!
    04-17-09 02:37 PM
    Does UberTwitter really not support BIS?
    04-17-09 07:34 PM
    Ubertwitter is the shiznit. Only thing that trumps it imo is SocialScope which combines twitter tweets w/ Facebook updates. It's in alpha phase tho and is invite only.

For more info: www . socialscope . net
    09-15-09 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD