My GPS is not locking on for whatever reason. When I launch BB Maps, it keeps searching for Satelittes, when I launch Google Maps and even trapster, still I get the same "searching for Satelittes"

Any Ideas?
    04-07-09 07:33 AM
    Ok silly question here but are you outside during the searching?
    04-07-09 07:38 AM
    no, I am at my desk, and I have been able in the past to use GPS from where I am in my office.

I have also tried over the weekend while I was in my car, and at my apartment. This has never been an issue previously.
    04-07-09 08:21 AM
    I also have the same problem. I have called T-Mobile blackberry tech support they could not help. Their response in the issue is that T-Mobile is not a GPS provider. T-Mobile forwarded me to RIM tech support and after many hours with RIM no fix for the issue.
    04-07-09 08:21 AM
    no, I am at my desk, and I have been able in the past to use GPS from where I am in my office.

I have also tried over the weekend while I was in my car, and at my apartment. This has never been an issue previously.
    In the past with a different device... correct???

With this device you need to be outside or fairly close to some windows to get a good signal. I've had good reception at home, but can only get close at work, but I'm in the middle of a building with a LOT of computer equipment and wiring.

Go outside and see if it works.
    04-07-09 08:48 AM
    you need to go outside with a clear view of the sky (when you have 5 minutes to burn) and go to Options>>>advanced options>>>GPS>>>blackberry key>>>refresh GPS

This should set up the GPS and help it lock on faster. I get an accurate GPS signal inside my house but not at work or in most commercial buildings.
    04-07-09 08:54 AM

Ok I have to agree that I have had some issues with the Sats too. It also may be radio interfearance. Who knows.

If it happens again do a battery pull and raise your hand to the sky and swear at the BB Gods
    04-07-09 08:55 AM
    you need to go outside with a clear view of the sky (when you have 5 minutes to burn) and go to Options>>>advanced options>>>GPS>>>blackberry key>>>refresh GPS

This should set up the GPS and help it lock on faster. I get an accurate GPS signal inside my house but not at work or in most commercial buildings.
    He needs a CLEAR VIEW so that he can talk to his home planet. BURN!!!! LOL
    04-07-09 08:56 AM

Did that and it worked!

Thanks
    05-15-09 01:27 AM
    @ 911 - You will be assimilated!!!!!

LOL
    05-15-09 07:31 AM
    Glad you got it fixed. I wonder what happened. Cuz I've never had a problem. Rather being indoors or outdoors. I better count my blessings!
    05-15-09 07:56 AM
    I've found that when I dock my berry for charging I have to refresh the GPS before it will work. I have it set to turn the radio off when in bedside mode. I am assuming that it also turns off the GPS which is why I need to refresh it any time I want to use it ( or at least once a day). So..... if this is a recurring problem then try to not turn off the radio. Or at least that has been my experience.
    05-15-09 08:34 AM
    Wow, someone actually searched and found one of these older threads... good job!!!
    05-15-09 08:38 AM
    Wow, someone actually searched and found one of these older threads... good job!!!
    FAT There are SOME people in here that suprise me at times.
    05-15-09 08:47 AM
    Yeah for me when I am at home on wi-fi for a long period it doesnt auto refresh once i am out on edge. no biggie but I bet a lot of people have this problem.
    05-15-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD