is there any way to change the Status LED? I want to change it from the default green to Blue.
    04-07-09 02:11 AM
    some apps will do it. BBAlerts and BerryBuzz come to mind. Nothing free that I know of though.
    04-07-09 02:13 AM
    Im sure Blue is used for Bluetooth. That wouldnt confuse me to **** haha.

But im interested to see if this can be done. I think BerryBuzz does it?

~Joe
    04-07-09 02:13 AM
    ok I put BerryBuzz on but it wont let me change the network status from green
    04-07-09 02:31 AM
    Wap.getjar.com if I remember right. Its there I just don't remember the name of it its free too just take your time searching. It does all kind of stuff flashes all crazy colors or just one color. Hope u find it good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 05:49 AM
    been trying and asking for weeks. no luck. there is an app in the cb app store that does it, its for a curve i think but there is a storm version that just changed the LED to blue, i downloaded free trial but it blinks very fast. fast that it is annoying. i emailed the developer about this and he said next version he will slow it down to the speed as the default green. who knows when that will be.???? also after the phone rings or you get any kind of incoming message the blue status light stops blinking until the phone is rebooted. so answer is yes and no, but more to the no side. THE APP IS called COLORLIGHT. i heard it was an easy app. to make, the API in the phone has to be changed, but i cant find anyone to do it, i even offered to pay for it. good luck, let me know if you can find someone to do it.
    Last edited by Smoke N Crack; 04-07-09 at 10:01 AM.
    04-07-09 09:58 AM
    i searched for that site, no luck..
    04-07-09 10:01 AM
    Blinkberry. Google it, it cost $10 and it changes your light according to your signal strength, but I just set everything to one color and 1bar to another and no bars another color colors range from

Green
    Blue
    Red
    Cyan
    Magenta
    Yellow
    And white

White and yellow is hard to see and differentiate from cyan and green. But again, like you I did it for the blue ^.^ magenta and cyan is nice... And also the LED still changes to red as an alert if you set it in your profile. you can also set blink times as well its an app that runs in the background and is VERY lightweight... Never cause any problems for me
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jimepino; 04-07-09 at 10:22 AM.
    04-07-09 10:13 AM
    I found this app. downloaded the trial. set all my setting to blue, it blinks blue just fine while in the settings, but as soon as you exit the settings, it stops blinking all together regardless of bars showing. i tried a reboot and still nothing.. oh well.. we keep searching for the blue status light that works..
    04-07-09 10:44 AM
    actually just received an email from developer of colorlight and i stated the 2 issues of led blinks way too fast and the light shuts off after geting a call or voicemail...etc... he stated the update will be by the end of this month. if that hold true, we are good.
    04-07-09 10:53 AM
    I found this app. downloaded the trial. set all my setting to blue, it blinks blue just fine while in the settings, but as soon as you exit the settings, it stops blinking all together regardless of bars showing. i tried a reboot and still nothing.. oh well.. we keep searching for the blue status light that works..
    well, if your willing to pay a one time only WHOPPING $10 then you can use it to it's fullest potential...

I should've added that the DEMO you cannot suspend the app which option is located at the top.

if your using the storm, you can't tell which is highlighted.

so I just tap on suspend and press the blackberry key.

if not, you should be able to see from the other phones.

and again "THE DEMO IS NOT SUSPENDABLE!!!" so either buy it, which it isn't that much if you really want your phone to look sleek, or buy that cheap colorlight from the app store and wait for the maker to fix it

I want to help as much as possible, questions? ask away

EDIT: I didn't mean any offense when I said "that cheap color light" it's just me saying if you don't feel like spending money, then that alternative is better, please don't take any offense, that is ALSO a great app
    04-07-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD