Can anyone explain why what is supposed to be the most advanced phone ever from both BB and VZW can not make a call from an SMS screen like every other phone ever made????

RE: I get a text that says "call me right away"

What do I have to do with ANY OTHER PHONE???

1) Hit the send key and maybe decide which number for the contact that SMS'd me to call them back at (mobile,home,work...) DONE!!!!

On my STORM...
    What do I have to do???

1)Exit the SMS.
    2)Go to the contacts
    3)Look up the person (we all know how long that takes to do with no flick scrolling)
    4)Select the number of the contact to call them on (home, mobile...)
    5)Hit send

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

BTW. There is a shortcut. If you call it that. When on the recieved SMS screen you can hover your finger over the contact's name. Then click it (you won't know if you did it right or not because there is no indication that it has been selected). Then open the menu, and OMG there is an option to call that contact.

I left out the best part....

Try to do this while your driving. Good luck and I hope you have Air Bags.

I am hating my Storm more and more each day. The apps are nice and though I have done my fare share of leaked OS installs that were much better than .75, I'm an inch or so away from switching to another device. One I can actually use as to communicate with.

One last gripe. I can not activate on BES with this phone wirelessly. It tries for days killing my already overworked battery. I end up turning the Radio on and off and magically it moves a bit further through the activation but never finishes. Seriously... WTF.

This thing is clearly not ripe and should have been left on the tree until it
    was. Both RIM and Verizon should be ashamed of this joke of a device and more so should at least release an OS that works. It's been 5 months since the release. I truly feel that WE, as consumers, have not squeaked enough to get oiled.
    04-07-09 01:56 AM
    do us all a favor before one of us storm lovers flame you. switch your phone i really hate people that put sh!t up like this really bare with your phone or drop it really no point your a peeon we dont care to hear from.
    04-07-09 02:02 AM

Can anyone explain why what is supposed to be the most advanced phone ever from both BB and VZW can not make a call from an SMS screen like every other phone ever made????

RE: I get a text that says "call me right away"

What do I have to do with ANY OTHER PHONE???

1) Hit the send key and maybe decide which number for the contact that SMS'd me to call them back at (mobile,home,work...) DONE!!!!

On my STORM...
    What do I have to do???

1)Exit the SMS.
    2)Go to the contacts
    3)Look up the person (we all know how long that takes to do with no flick scrolling)
    4)Select the number of the contact to call them on (home, mobile...)
    5)Hit send

Lol at this, you just answered all of the above with the next paragraph

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

BTW. There is a shortcut. If you call it that. When on the recieved SMS screen you can hover your finger over the contact's name. Then click it (you won't know if you did it right or not because there is no indication that it has been selected). Then open the menu, and OMG there is an option to call that contact.

Mine gives me the blue highlighted bar...

I left out the best part....

Isnt it against the Law to use a phone while driving ? Surely pressing BB key and call contact isnt hard to do with one hand. Even if you are using handsfree.

I am hating my Storm more and more each day. The apps are nice and though I have done my fare share of leaked OS installs that were much better than .75, I'm an inch or so away from switching to another device. One I can actually use as to communicate with.

Not trying to be a d1ck or anything but come on. Think about it, your getting so fustrated because your lazy moaning about having to go a few extra steps which take what maybe literally 2seconds to do; saying its a poor communication device.
    My point is, yes the Storm has some teething issues. I may be in denile about RIM going to fix them in the distant future but theres still hope. Complaining about a few shortcuts to call a person back from a SMS. Is pointless on here.

do us all a favor before one of us storm lovers flame you. switch your phone i really hate people that put sh!t up like this really bare with your phone or drop it really no point your a peeon we dont care to hear from.
    Bigggggggg +1
    04-07-09 03:08 AM
    FYI...if you "touch" the caller ID info at the top of the sms, and hit "bb button" it will give you a menu option to "email/pin/call/sms/mms xxxxxxxx"

or you can just hit "send" and call that person...

anyway, we found nemo so the movie can end already
    04-07-09 03:13 AM
    yeah you gotta touch the name but it doesnt highlight, then hit the bb button

it makes no sense, nothing changes when you touch the name
    04-07-09 09:25 AM
    How about touch the contact without clicking and then pushing the green send button. The correct contact is called. It took all of two minutes to figure this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 10:16 AM
    What a d**khead!

04-07-09 10:27 AM
    for goodness sake its a cell phone not actual computer it has limits, why dont everybody that hate the storm so much strap a laptop on their side if you want it to be so damn fast and better and more perfect -i feel much better now
    04-07-09 10:34 AM
    So its a Rant that you don't know how to use your phone.... Nice...

And apparently all your other phones had these also....
    WeatherBug, Accuweather, Facebook, Google Maps, You Tube, Fly Cast, SlackerMobile, Easy Button, Poynt, Berry Labyrinth, VLingo
    04-07-09 10:47 AM
    for goodness sake its a cell phone not actual computer it has limits, why dont everybody that hate the storm so much strap a laptop on their side if you want it to be so damn fast and better and more perfect -i feel much better now
    I think it would be great if some of these professional ranters would devote half their daily bashing time to learn how to use their phones. It would help them to not look so stupid when they post.

04-07-09 10:49 AM
    I knew there was a way to do this. I accidentally did it weeks ago, but couldn't figure it out the other day... It's kinda hit and miss on .113 on whether or not I'm actually selecting the contact. (Doesn't light up blue)

EDIT: It only lights up when there's not more than one message in the thread.
    Last edited by Joel S.; 04-07-09 at 11:25 AM.
    04-07-09 11:19 AM
    How about touch the contact without clicking and then pushing the green send button. The correct contact is called.
    Right on. This is how it's been for BlackBerries since I've had one. FAIL thread, sorry!

All is well, just play with your phone and figure it out more instead of ranting
    04-07-09 11:27 AM
    FYI...if you "touch" the caller ID info at the top of the sms, and hit "bb button" it will give you a menu option to "email/pin/call/sms/mms xxxxxxxx"

anyway, we found nemo so the movie can end already
    I was just gonna say "....What you talkin' 'bout Willis!" I make calls from SMS's all the time.
    04-07-09 11:30 AM
    Sweet.

I woke up and figured out that lots of posters on this forum are brainwashed.

For those of you incapable of noticing where I posted this thread let me remind you..... In the RANTS and raves section.

Unless someone removes the word RANT so all of the BRAINWASHED STORM owners can be the only ones that post... give it up. Everyone on here knows that this phone is not ripe. And as much as I HATE APPLE, and believe me I do, the iPhone blows this phone away and the very second that Verizon lowers their nose and accepts that fact I will be first in line to get one.(unless this phone is actually fixed by then)

I have a phone for a simple reason: to be able to communicate. (which is not so easy on this phone)

I also like having features and gadgets so it was an expected move to try this phone. The fact that I was compelled to, in the first week of ownership, learn how to upgrade OS's and a week or so later learn how to make my own Hybrid OS's is nothing more than proof that the phone is so unacceptable the way it comes out of the box.

As for the negative responses to my post... I guess you have the right to your opinions. (as brainwashed as they make you appear)

As for the responses to my post that suggest solutions to my issues....
    that is why I made the post in the first place and thanks to each of you who feel my pain and took the time to suggest solutions. I thought that's what this place was for..... helping each other.

I have not completely given up yet but as I said "I'm about an inch away".
    I want this phone to work not almost as good as the other phones I have had. It should blow away the others and it is up to us posters here to demand that VZW get their S**T together and release an offical OS NOW not in 5 or 6 more months from now. It's been 5 months. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!!!! Vodaphone released a new OS the other night. I believe:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/950...nguage-180560/

VZW needs to do the same. We deserve it for all the crap we've been through.
    Last edited by rpmgsxr; 04-07-09 at 11:42 AM.
    04-07-09 11:37 AM
    Right on. This is how it's been for BlackBerries since I've had one. FAIL thread, sorry!

All is well, just play with your phone and figure it out more instead of ranting
    . The best part is of you want to call someone else besides the SMS contact without exiting the text screen all you have to is click anywhere else besides the contact and hit send or the bb button. How these people can't even grasp the basics is beyond me....

04-07-09 11:38 AM
    Sweet.

I woke up and figured out that lots of posters on this forum are brainwashed.

For those of you incapable of noticing where I posted this thread let me remind you..... In the RANTS and raves section.

Unless someone removes the word RANT so all of the BRAINWASHED STORM owners can be the only ones that post... give it up. Everyone on here knows that this phone is not ripe. And as much as I HATE APPLE, and believe me I do, the iPhone blows this phone away and the very second that Verizon lowers their nose and accepts that fact I will be first in line to get one.(unless this phone is actually fixed by then)

I have a phone for a simple reason: to be able to communicate. (which is not so easy on this phone)

I also like having features and gadgets so it was an expected move to try this phone. The fact that I was compelled to, in the first week of ownership, learn how to upgrade OS's and a week or so later learn how to make my own Hybrid OS's is nothing more than proof that the phone is so unacceptable the way it comes out of the box.

As for the negative responses to my post... I guess you have the right to your opinions. (as brainwashed as they make you appear)

As for the responses to my post that suggest solutions to my issues....
    that is why I made the post in the first place and thanks to each of you who feel my pain and took the time to suggest solutions. I thought that's what this place was for..... helping each other.

I have not completely given up yet but as I said "I'm about an inch away".
    I want this phone to work not almost as good as the other phones I have had. It should blow away the others and it is up to us posters here to demand that VZW get their S**T together and release an offical OS NOW not in 5 or 6 more months from now. It's been 5 months. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!!!! Vodaphone released a new OS the other night. I believe:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/950...nguage-180560/

VZW needs to do the same. We deserve it for all the crap we've been through.
    It seems to me the RANT is derived from the lack of understanding of the device you purchased. Blackberries are not your "typical" phone. The Storm is the most multimedia based blackberry yet so on jumped all the "average" users that never even learned all of their previous phones functions. Yes there is a lot of "unusual" ways to access information or do certain tasks but it has always been this way. Its not gonna change jsut because the average joe wants to have a cool device. Its supposed to be highly functional device, as it is for me. Hence all the apps you are using.

If this was a simple question it shouldn't be in the form of a RANT.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 04-07-09 at 01:06 PM.
    04-07-09 12:29 PM
    I WORK vw store more then likely the BES problem is the data package if you have the smaller one you cant wireless sync. and secondly if you can use a desktop then the storm is a breeze, so by the longwinded reponse and whining you're doing, i mean "ranting" you have no problem with a desktop. and also try closing stuff before you just hit end i have seen sooo many people come in with a slow blackberry because they have 20 things still runnning. so from what i see its the user not the phone
    04-07-09 12:43 PM
    To the OP- all this thread has proven is that you are incompetent and cannot even operate even the most basic functions of your phone. Several people have told you how to do what you couldn't as outlined in your silly rant. If you actually have a point to make I suggest you do it soon. Or just shut your yap and learn something instead of spouting off a bunch of nonsense and criticizing the device for not being able to perform a simple task......that it can do easily.

04-07-09 12:59 PM
    Maybe you just need to give up using a phone all together if you plan on texting (reading or writing!) and driving.
    04-07-09 01:15 PM
    Maybe you just need to give up using a phone all together if you plan on texting (reading or writing!) and driving.
    *Raises the BS flag* Texting and driving is almost as common as talking and driving. Especially if you have a smartphone.
    04-07-09 01:18 PM
    *Raises the BS flag* Texting and driving is almost as common as talking and driving. Especially if you have a smartphone.
    That doesn't mean it is smart or safe. In my area a woman just got sentenced to 6 years in jail for causing an accident and killing someone while texting and driving.
    04-07-09 01:52 PM
    man up and face the fact that expecting a cell phone to be more than that is idiotic - warning do not try insult me again
    04-07-09 01:58 PM
    That doesn't mean it is smart or safe. In my area a woman just got sentenced to 6 years in jail for causing an accident and killing someone while texting and driving.
    Never said it was but it is a fact of life. Tell someone not to do something and they do it anyway.
    04-07-09 02:14 PM
    man up and face the fact that expecting a cell phone to be more than that is idiotic - warning do not try insult me again
    Who is insulting you? Did I miss something?

04-07-09 02:25 PM
    TRY THE iphone....touchscreen loving blah blah blah
    04-07-09 02:32 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD