I have pulled the battery, I have followed thru a system reboot thru the windows system but none of it will work because the computer does not recognize the phone. When plugged in it states 'usb device not recognized'. The start up wizard will try to detect, but does not. I have completely uninstalled the dm and then started from scratch with the disc, running 4.2 and 4.2 on the phone. I have tried all the usb ports and they all give the same message, yet they all work with other devices. The phone works great, I just cannot get it to backup and update from computer. I did unlock the phone recently? Any ideas, I need help, ATT states it is a problem with my computer? I am trying to upgrade to 4.5 on the phone. DM is v4.6. Help.
    04-06-09 09:04 PM
    i had a same problem with my phone before but when i noticed it was'nt charging either i discovered my usb ports on my computer stoped working.if it still charges your phone than this would be ruled out. might also be a problem with your usb cable.
    04-06-09 11:51 PM
    maybe could go to search on the ASK
    04-07-09 12:13 AM
    Delete your usb drivers and then reinstall them... Look for a couple of posts on here by me about this problem. I have had it before. There are a few solutions to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 12:54 AM
    I don't know if its the same issue, but I recently re-installed windows (and of course BB DM). I had the DM installer on my BB storage card so I first had to plug the BB in via mass storage mode to get the installer onto my computer so I could run it. Since the BB drivers are part of DM installer, of course the computer did not recognize the BB when I first plugged it in (other than generic mass storage device). It tried to find the BB device drivers and couldn't so it failed the installation (normal behavior).

After I got DM installed the computer still would not recognize the BB nor install the BB device drivers. What I did to fix the problem was go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and expand USB devices to show the BB, then right click on it and choose "update driver". It went through the driver install normally after that and the BB became recognized by the computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD