Hi,

I am the owner of a very small business. We have 3 partners with blackberrys. We would like to use BES software to sync our contacts and calendars, ie.. if one adds an appt, it updates all our calendars... and also the same if one adds a contact, it updates the others... The problem is we are very small company and we do not use an exchange server, or any other in-house managed email. Does that prevent us from using BES for the functions I described? Our email is through a provider and we all get our email fine right now, but would we be forced to change email services if we went with an enterprise server? Thanks for your input!!
    04-06-09 02:04 PM
    If you start using BES, I'm not sure you'll get the function of 'shared' calendar etc, unless viewing it from Outlook, i.e. not from your BlackBerry.
    04-06-09 02:13 PM
    Agreed about the shared information. Difficult to do using BES with Exchange anyway. Have you looked at a Google solution? If you want Exchange anyway. you may want to consider a hosted solution. Intermedia is one of the best known.
    04-07-09 07:43 AM
    Agreed about the shared information. Difficult to do using BES with Exchange anyway. Have you looked at a Google solution? If you want Exchange anyway. you may want to consider a hosted solution. Intermedia is one of the best known.
    I use Google calendar and Google sync with friends and family to post events and then have them sync to my personal phone. Works great!
    04-15-09 07:31 AM
    I had the same problem, and just like the other poster said, intermedia.net is the best hosted exchange with blackberry syncing.

godaddy.com also has hosted exchange with blackberry syncing, it is also cheaper, but has a couple less features that probably dont mean anything to you, maybe, for your size business

If you have outlook then all your outlooks will hook up to hosted exchange through the internet. Very easy to set-up, I will never go back to BIS, been using the hosted exhange and LOVE IT with BES.

i have 10 user emails and 5 blackberry syncing with intermedia.net and i believe its running me 170.00 a month. But it gives you calendar sharing, sharepoint site, and much more. The calendar sharing is nice because in your outlook you can have access to other calendars. Also you get a OTA outlook. Basically outlook online, so if you are on a computer with internet connection you can go online and check email through an outlook interface.
    04-15-09 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD