Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, I would just like confirmation of whether what I want to achieve is possible or not.

1st Question - I have the 9500, now I have not taken the BES option with regards to email because basically I dont want to be receiving emails at all hours of the day, I'm a consultant so would like some "off time" if you know what I mean. I was basically under the impress (sorry, new to BB's btw) that I could control and syncronise emails from my outlook to my blacberry. Now this made more sense to me as in my desktop manager there is a section which asks which folders you would like to download and to which folder you want to syncronize. Now I set up reconcilation, setup a pst file on my outlook, in which I have added emails. However the reconciliation runs thru ok but nothing sync's to my phone?? I have Desktop Redirector on my laptop and it says it's running etc, says teres 48 pending to device and 10 filtered at the moment.

I just basically want to synchronise mails that are already in my outlook onto my phone, is there possible without doign the whole BES option.

2nd Question - What is the difference between the Desktop Redirector and BES option when installing Desktop Manager, does the redirector only download emails to your phone when your laptop is on?? does this mean that if emails are received and i'm driving in the car that I'll only receive it from the Blackberry Server once I switch on my Laptop??

Any help will be appreciated
    04-06-09 04:08 AM
    With desktop manager, you can only do a wired sync, if you have a BES then you can do wireless syncs
    04-06-09 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD