I, somewhat a new Blackberry user (since August '07) am just totally infatuated with everything Blackberry. From the OS to the BB Messenger, I respect the Blackberry Nation. I guess I'm coming into a situation where everything Blackberry touches, it's GOLD.

My question to everyone is....

What's your first Blackberry experience (phone(s)), what were your first thoughts about it (skeptical or just plain old excited), why have you stuck with it for so long and why you are a crackberry addict?
    02-22-08 01:37 AM
    My first experience is exactly 16 days ago and I'm sold! I wasn't sure at first, but within days, I "knew" I made the right decision!
    02-22-08 01:47 AM
    My first experience was months ago and once i had one in my hot hands that was all she wrote... I am a crackberry addict because where else will you find other addicted souls to their berry's lol..
    02-22-08 03:34 AM
    Mine was about 2 weeks ago. I had a fiddle around with my workmate's 8310 and I quite liked it. I think it was the trackball that got me. Since then, I got my own 8310 just this Tuesday and the more features I learn about on it, the more I'm getting hooked.
    02-22-08 04:51 AM
    I'm came over from palm I got my first blackberry in 2006 it was an i7100 I and I fell in love with the apps and just the way my blackberry handled everything I haven't looked back since lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 05:17 AM
    My first experience was this past Tuesday, when my fantastic little Pearl arrived, and I can honestly say, I now know exactly why they're called CRACKberries! Everything about it just seems to work so well (well, with the exception of the RIM outage - but you can tell I'm hooked, because I don't even care about that!), and on top of that, very high "cool factor!"
    02-22-08 05:20 AM
    I use to hate blackberry, the phone use to seem so out dated, but after the 7100, I though hmm maybe then came the curve and I went into tmo and bought w/o a contract or upgrade

02-22-08 05:53 AM
    I'm a former Treo650 user, it was getting old and looked at upgrading on AT&T site. They had the 8100 for $50. Got it Sept. 26, '07. Wish I did it sooner. I'm on my BB more then my laptop.
    02-22-08 06:29 AM
    Got my first BB 2 weeks ago. This is my first smartphone. This is a great device. Now I'm pissed for waiting so long.
    02-22-08 06:32 AM
    I've had my Berry for about 3 mnths now...Can't imagine how I lived without one all this time....Cant seem to put it down...Love at first site!!!!
    02-22-08 10:20 AM
    My first experience was last Friday. I wanted a smart phone and was debating between a BB pearl and the HTC touch. After playing with a sales rep's touch I went with the pearl, I haven't looked back. Now all I need to do is convince my friends to buy one so I can try messenger out.

02-22-08 10:45 AM
    Co-worker had one. I loved it had to have one!
    02-22-08 11:02 AM
    My first experience was with the 7100g 2 years ago and now I'm on my 3rd BlackBerry the 8100.

I'm set for life now!!

02-22-08 01:17 PM
    i had the enV which was junk. researched and researched and finally got the pearl. 3 months later i'm still learning new things and finding great apps for it. very exciting
    02-22-08 03:27 PM
    Started first about 3 years ago on Nextel with a 7520 which I loved at first. Email is very important to me, but thought I would like to have stronger browser and messaging which the 7520 can't do. Went to a Windows Moblie phone and HATED IT. So back to my 7520 while I tried to figure out what to do next. After checking around and letting my Nextel contract expire, I decided to get the 8820 from ATT and could not be happier.
    02-22-08 07:00 PM
    My first experience was on November 2007. I don't know why I didn't have it before. It's so much usefull. I'm addict to it.
    02-22-08 07:42 PM
    My first Eperience was in June 2007. I was a dedicated Palm Treo user, but could not take the crashing. So i was on Verizon and cot an 8830, and did not like it. Mainly because the keyboard was so hard to see in the dark, and other things. Then In December i decided to try the curve 8310 as I was about to slam my Treo against a wall, and it was love at first touch. I guess the 8830 and the Curve OS are basically the same, but for some reason I loved it this time. Now I am a crackberry addict and loving every single "hit".
    02-22-08 08:10 PM
    My first Blackberry was a few years back with a 6210 and it was terrible. They had installed a BES at work a few months prior and handed the 6210 to me. The email part was neat, except for the fact that I didn't get any emails forwarded unless my email address was clearly listed as a recipient. Anything sent to any distribution lists I was a part of would not get forwarded until I set up filters for all of those groups specifying that the mail be forwarded. The address book was awful and more limited than Palm OS at the time. The phone was dismal with a terrible UI and the audio would cut in and out a lot. The BES policy required that the device be pasworded, and if I got a call while the device was locked I could not hang it up unless I entered the password and unlocked it. The 6210 died a few months later after I accidently dropped it and broke the scroll wheel. I had it replaced with a 7780 and a seperate phone. The 7780 ran OS 4.0, which is when RIM started supporting things like multiple addresses for contact items and such. Life was better with that BB.

02-22-08 08:23 PM
    My first experience...

My friend had the 8100 and I always played with it. It was tiny yet aesthetically pleasing. I told myself that if Verizon ever got the Pearl, I'd purchase it.

I'm so glad that I did!
    02-22-08 10:40 PM
    I just got my 8310 on 02*18*08 and let me tell you. After suffering through WM for close to a year now, the BB seems like a breath of fresh air on a summers day.

The OS is so smooth and intuitive. Most things are easily found and well thought out. Finally, have threaded txt messages! Build quality of the phone is phenominal!

For the longest of times I looked upon BB as being overrated and not worthy of the hype. Well, let me be the first to eat crow... I was dead wrong.

My only regret, I wish I had made the switch sooner.
    02-23-08 01:24 AM
    I was sold on my Treo 700W I always thought the older models of blackberry where pretty crappy looking, and wanted my windows os. A friend told me about the curve I looked online and went to Tmobile the next day and have been pleased for months especially with the email.
    02-23-08 01:30 AM
    Got my berry a little over a week ago. First thing that I did was set up emai$

02-23-08 01:31 AM
    My first experience was a couple of years back. It was early 2005. I work in construction and didn't want to carry around a "breakable" phone. I got tired of walking back and forth from the jobsite and my office every hour to check email so I got one. It changed the way I do my job almost instantly. I'm addicted. I must say though that I pretty much only use the email and check the weather, but still, I love it.
    02-23-08 06:32 AM
    i'm so in love with my bb that my gf is so jealous about it!
    02-23-08 01:47 PM
    I was looking at the 88XX series for about 6 months just kicking it around. When ever I would pass by the Verizon store at the mall I would go in and look around. When I came due for an upgrade I saw the Pearl and it was all over. I knew I had to have the coolest phone because that's just my nature...I gotta have cutting edge technology. I was looking at the Windows phones too but didn't like the price...glad I didn't now!
    02-23-08 02:01 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD