This is my first BB so i'm not sure if it's the phone or all blackberry phones, but i've noticed that there is a LOT of lag when i go onto websites, even without being on EDGE and set to Wifi only.

There has been several instances where i've had to take the battery out multiple times because the screen turns completely white and gives me the waiting circle thing for a long time.

I like the things that the phone is capable of doing like being used as a modem, and syncing with your computer, but the internet is really disappointing me especially since it's an additional $30 a month for me. So maybe i'm doing something wrong?

If anyone has any advice let me know.
    04-05-09 08:27 PM
    You could disable JavaScript support and lower the image quality in the browser options. I like to use opera mini, its much faster for me.
    04-05-09 09:19 PM
    flip has a weaker processor so there is some lag when performing certain actions.

i noticed it particularly when i was playing around with my friend's bb curve 8900. his BB seemed more fluid and more responsive. also, the trackball movement felt smoother.

however, i would not give up the flip factor for a BB "candybar". i have a weird preference for flip phones for some odd reason.
    04-05-09 11:48 PM
    You could disable JavaScript support and lower the image quality in the browser options. I like to use opera mini, its much faster for me.
    the opera mini page says it's not compatible with the 8220

which version are you using?
    04-06-09 04:04 PM
    the opera mini page says it's not compatible with the 8220
    It works fine. Go to mini.opera.com via your phone and pick 'other' when it asks for a model (or something like that, I don't quite remember).

I reserve the BB browser only for apps that requre it.
    Last edited by rockhop; 04-06-09 at 04:54 PM.
    04-06-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD