• YES

6 26.09%
  • NO

3 13.04%
  • CAN'T TELL

10 43.48%
  • THE SAME

4 17.39%
    everyone complains about battery life on blackberrys but is it all in your head?

battery worse after OS upgrades etc!

my battery lasts the whole day what ever i do!
    so 16 hours is the max! which yeah aint great but i aint noticed any difference with all the OS upgrades ive done!

if you use the internet all the time, or text a lot or call alot or leave google maps open all day then yes the battery will die quickly!
    if you do not much all day then it will last longer! like everything else!!

to make your battery last longer -
    use less stuff
    close apps in the background
    charge it up at night

simple!

im sure OS upgrades have a very minimal effect!

the way to tell is to charge your battery up to the max before upgrading and then see how long it lasts compared with the previous day!

my findings are it lasts pretty much the same!

if it doesnt then theres something wrong with it!
    04-05-09 04:10 PM
    I can't tell but I kinda feel like less, but maybe I'm just using it more who knows.
    04-05-09 06:44 PM
    Usually when someone's battery life has changed, it's a dramatic change, otherwise they wouldn't notice. In which case, it's not in their head.
    04-05-09 06:47 PM
    It's not in my head, it's in my Bold.
    04-05-09 07:25 PM
    Any upgrade I had after .185 had better battery life.
    04-05-09 07:30 PM
    I cant tell for ****..I have the battery booster app which i cant tell if its doing anything either..lol
    04-05-09 07:34 PM
    I cant tell for ****..I have the battery booster app which i cant tell if its doing anything either..lol
    Lol. Same here. I just make sure to have a charger with me at all times...can't let my baby die on me. It used to bug me, but I've accepted that I'm a power user and there's no solution that would not evolve breaking habits set around constantly messaging and yapping away on the phone. So, to everyone who grumbles about batt life; get a spare batt, and always have a charger at hand. Works wonders! Trust me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:16 PM
    It's in your head. People are downloading and playing videos on their BB now and that will drain your battery in an instant. You'll be lucky to play a movie with half a battery left.
    I get a days worth and I'm always playing music on it or watching music videos and my back light is at 100.
    I upgraded OS and I can't say it's better because I don't pay attention but the OS upgrades are supposed to boost battery life not decline it.
    Simply said, charge it when it gets low and quit whining.
    04-05-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD