I'm curious. Since switching to .113 or any of the latest OS's for that matter, how many people added more icons to their homescreen since it scrolls smoother and faster now? Just curious to see how many people actually did this and how do you like it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 08:36 AM
    I did right after app world, but I cleared it back down to 3 rows and two hidden folders.

I just want better battery life lol and every little thing I make the processor do seems like it takes an hour off of my batter life lol.
    04-05-09 08:42 AM
    Actually, I find myself reducing my home screen more and more. I have 3 rows, plus the options button. The rest are moved into applications or games, or hidden - and the top rows are just there as part of the theme i'm running.
    04-05-09 08:54 AM
    What do you guys mean by 3 rows? I have the 2 row layout. Then when you click the screen is the entire menu. That's where I have all of the icons.

04-05-09 09:59 AM
    What do you guys mean by 3 rows? I have the 2 row layout. Then when you click the screen is the entire menu. That's where I have all of the icons.

So, you are actually talking about the app screen then, not the home screen when you refer to scrolling in the op?
    04-05-09 10:11 AM
    So, you are actually talking about the app screen then, not the home screen when you refer to scrolling in the op?
    Yeah, thats true. The actual app screen. Thats what it turns to when you have the phone in landscape anyway. So I thought they were the same. The actual App screen. It definatly scrolls a lot better and smoother. Did you put more icons because of this?
    04-05-09 11:24 AM
    My home screen is one row, the App screen is 16 icons (4 rows of 4), no scrolling until I go into one of the folders. And actually the Applications folder is the only one I actually have enough in to scroll.
    04-05-09 11:27 AM
    I'm curious. Since switching to .113 or any of the latest OS's for that matter, how many people added more icons to their homescreen since it scrolls smoother and faster now? Just curious to see how many people actually did this and how do you like it?

I found i caught scrolling up and down more often. Even if i knew what i was looking for, i love how much smoother the leaks are than .76 at scrolling.
    So to answer your question, YES
    04-05-09 11:30 AM
    My home screen is one row, the App screen is 16 icons (4 rows of 4), no scrolling until I go into one of the folders. And actually the Applications folder is the only one I actually have enough in to scroll.
    I see. Then you havent been able to expierence how the App screen scrolls a lot faster now and smoothly huh? As opposed to .75 where the screen was slow and blotchy when you tried to scroll it.
    04-05-09 11:31 AM
    My screen is as follows:

Messages <> Sms/Mms <> Gmail <> Browser
    Power off <> Phone <> App Folder <> Misc Folder

I have had it organized like this since .103, and it fits my needs.
    04-05-09 11:43 AM
    When we had finger follow in back in the .75 days I kept 12 on the app screen. Since that went away, I don't really care how many apps I have there. I have most of my apps in the applications folder and I set my downloads to go there. I hid the setup, downloads, instant messaging, and games folders and just put everything in apps. I only have 1 row on my home screen.
    04-05-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah the finger follow I do remember that. Now that you said it, I miss that feature But, the scrolling through the App screen smoothly and fast is a huge improvement with these latest builds. Thats why I belive the phone has serious potential. I know that eventually if they release a gold code, it would make previous Storm owners wish they never left. The OS can definatly get that much better.
    04-05-09 11:49 AM
    My screen is as follows:

Messages <> Sms/Mms <> Gmail <> Browser
    Power off <> Phone <> App Folder <> Misc Folder

I have had it organized like this since .103, and it fits my needs.
    how can you get mms? my carrier is TELUS, is it possible
    04-05-09 12:21 PM
    Yeah the finger follow I do remember that. Now that you said it, I miss that feature But, the scrolling through the App screen smoothly and fast is a huge improvement with these latest builds. Thats why I belive the phone has serious potential. I know that eventually if they release a gold code, it would make previous Storm owners wish they never left. The OS can definatly get that much better.
    It's getting better, no doubt about it. I think my expectations were just too high early on and super high expectations will usually always lead to some kind of disappointment but I am sticking with it. I know RIM is working hard on the phone and I have gotten alot more patient.
    04-05-09 12:22 PM
    I tried the hide the app thing for memory purposes and I honestly didn't see any difference. So I had it go back to default.

If there is a scrolling difference now, I haven't noticed. Then again I'm the type of guy who doesn't even notice a restaurant I frequent totally remodeled so I'm definitely not an observant person.
    04-05-09 12:51 PM
    I have stuck with 4x4 and have made folders to keep similar apps in. I like the organization and better battery life.
    04-05-09 12:56 PM
    Only one row for me and then I quicklaunch the rest.
    04-05-09 05:51 PM
    I personally don't like clutter so I have Messages, SMS and MMS, Google Maps, BerryWeather, Browser, VyMail, Options and Manage Connections (my most used things) up top for the home screen layout then folders titled Applications, Downloads, Games, IM, Media, Set Up, and Utilities. Each app is put in its appropriate folder and then alphabetized in there. It sounds obsessive compulsive and probably would be considered just that...but it makes my life easier. I have only a few things hidden though. Also have Sounds, Lock and Power off buttons not in folders.

So when the whole app list comes up I have 18 total things listed.
    04-05-09 06:51 PM
    how can you get mms? my carrier is TELUS, is it possible
    Telus is the only CDMA carrier that blocks mms on smartphones, so no mms capability for Telus customers.

04-05-09 08:18 PM
    Not yet, I mostly use bb messenger, and Slacker radio.
    04-05-09 10:28 PM
    When I came up to .109, I added a few back and it was still fast. Then .113 came out and I have everything I want to show up on that screen now and it works without lag. I am excited about the progress that we are seeing through these leaks and 2009 looks like it will be the year of the storm. I just got a little off topic there, sorry, but I wanted to say it.
    04-06-09 01:11 AM

YES!!! As soon as that menu was silky smooth, I loaded my storm like an iToy. I have a total of 22 icons on my home screen.
    04-06-09 02:59 AM
    And wow.... I just cut my icons down to 11 and my entire phone has been sped up at least 10 times.

Fail on me for the past 3 months.

QQ.
    04-06-09 03:33 AM
    YES!!! As soon as that menu was silky smooth, I loaded my storm like an iToy. I have a total of 22 icons on my home screen.
    hahah Like an Itoy right? But better because its a blackberry
    04-14-09 05:33 PM
    ...Each app is put in its appropriate folder and then alphabetized in there. It sounds obsessive compulsive and probably would be considered just that...but it makes my life easier....
    Yep. OCD is me...at least when it comes to my 'berry...alphabetising is mesmerizing!
    04-14-09 06:04 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD