I seem to be having a compatibility issue between GPS tracker and myStorm. During set up, when the app is asking me about my preferences, the touch screen freezes up. My back button won't work, and my menu button won't work. My "green" and "red" buttons do work. When I press the red, however, and go to my home screen, the keyboard won't go away, and everything but the keyboard and the red and green buttons are frozen up.

Storm 9530 running .109 please help thank you.
    04-05-09 08:35 AM
    Sounds like a compatibility mode issue. Do a battery pull to make sure that it's not running in the background. Then go to options->advanced->applications. Highlight (but don't click) on GPS Tracker, hit the BB button and then Disable Compatibility Mode.
    04-05-09 09:02 AM
    I've ran that tracker from Ontario to the southern tip of Alabama. I'm a driver, and the kids love to see where I am during the week. It's pretty cool.
    04-05-09 09:54 AM
    Done... aaaaaaand done. It's counter intuitive that compatibility mode renders the app incompatible
    04-05-09 10:50 AM
    Done... aaaaaaand done. It's counter intuitive that compatibility mode renders the app incompatible
    Yeah, I have yet to see a program that runs better in compatibility mode...even ones not made for the Storm (those are the ones that compatibility made was made for). Kinda weird. Maybe RIM should ditch compatibility mode in future OS's.
    04-05-09 11:08 AM
    Ya, I gave up on this app a long time ago. It just doesn't work.
    04-05-09 11:53 AM
    Works when compatibility mode is off
    04-05-09 01:17 PM
    Ya, I gave up on this app a long time ago. It just doesn't work.
    It works for a lot of people. Sounds like user error.
    04-05-09 07:09 PM
    I wonder if that is what killed my media card. I rebooted my Storm with the "autostart at reboot" option set in GPS Tracker and I lost my media card. I unchecked it and rebooted and it was fine. I'll turn it back on with the compat mode turned off and see what happens.

b.b.
    04-05-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD