My bold is an enterprise furnished device. I have to touch a button every 10 minutes or it locks. It's a great safety feature to keep company secrets safe, but very annoying when I'm on an airplane watching a movie or using the GPS driving cross country. Is there anything out there that will fool the blackberry into thinking I'm hitting a button every 10 mins so I don't have to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 11:03 PM
    You can change it to lock every 30 mins maximum
    Go into options password and change it
    There is no way around the password on
    A BES server

Wayne
    04-05-09 08:00 AM
    10 mins is the longest choice I have on my Bold. Probably also set by the BES admin.
    05-04-09 10:27 AM
    You can clear the IT policy if you don't need the BES on your trip... it gets slapped right back on there once you get connected to the BES again though. Of course, I don't know what kind of corporate policies your company has if a phone is continually missing the IT policy. Talk to your IT guys before trying it. If you decide you want to, read on:

JL_Cmder removes IT policy with the "Reset to Factory" option. Make sure you know how to load an OS before attempting it, but if you've ever wiped a BlackBerry and re-installed/up/downgraded the OS on your own, it's not tough.
    05-05-09 04:06 AM
    Is there an app to set the button on the side to enter the native password and auto unlock it? I would pay money for this.
    05-05-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD