does any one know any thing about the Blackberry "Pluto." Why is the Blackberry "Pluto" not coming out along side the BlackBerry Niagara 9630 I assume. I mean there is the storm, bold, and the curve so why can't it be the storm, "Pluto," and Niagara. Personally I'd much rather they crank out the "Pluto" then the Niagara. Tho if the Niagara came out first I would buy that. the storm caused soo many problems for me that I had to return it. I thought the Niagara was going to be a bold clone but it seems like it is going to be more like a curve with cut down features. But not by much tho.

Any thoughts?
    04-04-09 04:02 PM
    Is the pluto even confirmed for vzw? or confirmed at all?
    Also, it would be stupid for vzw to release the 9630 and the 9900 at the same time-- you would not get as many sales for each individual device compared to releasing them separately. Also, with regards to the 9630 being a cut down version of the curve. I don't think this is true, but then again i haven't scrutinized the specs-- but I believe the 9630 is more of a storm rather than a curve, and the browser is supposed to be better than the storm.
    04-04-09 06:45 PM
    I heard of the pluto. According to someone at blackberryos.com, RIMs roadmap is online somewhere and this device is a touch screen with a full qwerty keyboard. This isnt a new rumor though...I remember hearing about this last year.
    04-04-09 07:06 PM
    I heard of the pluto. According to someone at blackberryos.com, RIMs roadmap is online somewhere and this device is a touch screen with a full qwerty keyboard. This isnt a new rumor though...I remember hearing about this last year.
    I think this is what you're talking about.
    04-04-09 07:25 PM
    I believe the Pluto is going to At&t and the Magnum to Verizon. I know for sure they are two separate devices, per CX.
    04-04-09 11:18 PM
    Triband HSDPA 3G, Wifi and touchscreen...I'll definitely be getting that. My 3year old HTC had all that. Could've got the Bold I guess....Nah!!! Love my Storm, at the moment.
    04-04-09 11:50 PM
    Pluto is an old rumor. It's supposed to pretty much be a bold with a touchscreen, and if released will probably not be a verizon phone.
    04-05-09 02:17 PM
    yeah, dont look for new and exciting BBs on CDMA. The Storm was an aberration, every other new model has debuted on GSM first.
    04-05-09 06:19 PM
    Yes the pluto is in the 99xx series

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:45 PM
    Pluto is an old rumor. It's supposed to pretty much be a bold with a touchscreen, and if released will probably not be a verizon phone.

10 Char.
    04-05-09 09:34 PM
    yeah, dont look for new and exciting BBs on CDMA. The Storm was an aberration, every other new model has debuted on GSM first.
    Hey Bryan,

What is your source? I'd be willing to put money that the BB 9630 NIAGARA will be released by a CDMA carrier first. In Canada it will be Bell Mobility, then Telus.

- CB
    04-05-09 11:22 PM
    You would be willing to bet that a CDMA only BB would be released on a CDMA carrier first? Ok.... who exactly would take that bet?

Perhaps I should have said family. IE: Pearl series, Curve series, 8800 series, Pearl flip et al were all gsm first then CDMA.
    04-06-09 07:17 AM
    Rumours, myths, stories.

None of them are confirmed.

Unless they are confirmed, I'll abide only to the current blackberry market.
    04-06-09 07:51 AM
    does any one know any thing about the Blackberry "Pluto." Why is the Blackberry "Pluto" not coming out along side the BlackBerry Niagara 9630 I assume. I mean there is the storm, bold, and the curve so why can't it be the storm, "Pluto," and Niagara. Personally I'd much rather they crank out the "Pluto" then the Niagara. Tho if the Niagara came out first I would buy that. the storm caused soo many problems for me that I had to return it. I thought the Niagara was going to be a bold clone but it seems like it is going to be more like a curve with cut down features. But not by much tho.

Any thoughts?
    From the CB pics, the Pluto was in a box labeled with Rogers. I highly doubt that it will be released alongside the Niagara since we haven't heard mich about it and it won't be on CDMA networks.

04-06-09 08:53 AM
    I believe the Pluto is going to At&t and the Magnum to Verizon. I know for sure they are two separate devices, per CX.
    I think this kinda sucks for consumers to have to live through the monopoly of the phone world. I really do feel that wireless phone companies have no business restricting a particular phone to there network. RIM would make more money if they distributed all there modals to all the phone companies. Its not that hard to modify the phone to fit the specs of a particular phone carrier. I really say it should be up to the consumer on what they want and don't want on there phone. but who is to argue. the consumers can't win because the bottom line is cheaper better service is more important then the better phone. att is making people pay 200 + for there service a month for every thing when the same service is like 80 a month for VZW and they are the same service. and the phones are like 2 or 3 hundred. If ATT did what VZW did for prices then soo many costumers would switch with ATT.
    04-06-09 10:48 AM
    Wasn't the "Pluto" project scrapped by RIM? And the "roadmap" that was referred to wasn't anything official from RIM, it was one Royal Bank of Canada analyst's idea of what the roadmap should look like. As far as I know, we're still waiting on RIM to release an '09-'10 roadmap.

04-07-09 08:47 AM
    Definitely see the Pluto going to AT&T.. don't know why VZW have got so excited about it lately.
    04-07-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD