I looked thru my manual and this has always bugged me. When there is a new symbol on my home screen, I'm not always sure what it is telling me or what it refers to.

Currently, I have what appears in different themes to be a triangle. Have no clue what that means and can't find any resources that list them all.

If it matters, since yesterday and playing with the new BB App store and Bloomberg's freebie, I've been having issues with the hour glass thing popping up literally every 2 seconds.

04-04-09 03:27 PM
    I'm new here, so my answer may be dumb...but can you "hover" over it and it tells you what it is?
    04-04-09 03:30 PM
    Not too sure about the triangle icon! Can't say that I've ever seen it!

The hour glass deal, with your phone on, remove your battery and replace after about 10 seconds. This is called a 'battery pull' and the term gets thrown around like there's no tomorrow! Get acquainted with this method, it'll get you out of most situations you may come across!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:33 PM
    Oh, I'm not a newbie to the BB at all but this has always bugged me. Usually there's no symbols on there that I don't "get" right away.

I'm going to try a battery pull to see if the hour glass can give it a rest.
    04-04-09 03:35 PM
    The triangle means you are roaming!
    04-04-09 03:35 PM
    To Kiss Me Kates:

No, I wish. There's no way to hover over these things.
    04-04-09 03:36 PM
    Seriously, it means I'm roaming?

Wtf.........I'm at home.

Ah, well, good to know.

Still, is there any place where you can see a shots of a lot of symbols and what they mean? I'm surprised it's not in my owner's manual.
    04-04-09 03:37 PM
    I told you I wouldn't know what it meant LOL
    04-04-09 03:51 PM
    If its a blue triangle under where the signal strength is located it means you are roaming.

I had the hour glass problem just the other day but it was because I was running weather bug and it kept updating the weather on the home screen. So maybe there are programs running in the background that you may not know about. That is, if the battery pull didn't work.
    04-04-09 03:57 PM
    Are you on NAM 2 ?

Go to phone log and at the top it says "My Number ..." If your number is not displayed hit the menu then options and it should be in there to select what NAM to use.

I've seen this before and its because the phone is not programmed correctly.

04-04-09 04:02 PM
    Does anyone know what this symbol is???

I had a small orange globe with a #1 pop up just to the right of my speaker icon the other day, and i can't figure out what it is or how to get rid of it. Any ideas?
    04-26-09 10:05 PM
    The triangle symbol means roaming.

If your hour glass is stuck do a battery pull this always works. Unless you are surfing the internet on your phone in that case you need to wait bc its reading the website and some websites are larger than others.

04-27-09 10:20 PM
    orange globe=saved web search. it should appear in your messages folder to be viewed/deleted. :-)
    04-27-09 10:36 PM
    Does anyone know what this symbol is???

I had a small orange globe with a #1 pop up just to the right of my speaker icon the other day, and i can't figure out what it is or how to get rid of it. Any ideas?
    It's called a browser message. To view and delete it go to messages>menu>view folder>browser messages>highlight and delete.
    04-27-09 10:49 PM
    Seriously, it means I'm roaming?

Wtf.........I'm at home.

Ah, well, good to know.

Still, is there any place where you can see a shots of a lot of symbols and what they mean? I'm surprised it's not in my owner's manual.
    Howbout putting up some pics for us to see what it is or how it looks like?
    04-27-09 10:54 PM
    I have a symbol that just popped up on Passport that I do not recall what it means. It is up in the top left corner with the Bluetooth, "Silent", battery, recharging symbols.

To the best my eyes can make out it looks like a backboard for a basketball hoop. Larger square with a small square at the bottom of that square.

Anyone know what this symbol represents?

Thanks for your help!
    05-23-15 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD