So I've installed Pandora on my Curve 8330 (Verizon) but get this message as soon as it's opened:

The application pandora $2dradio has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy. [OK]

I always get the message twice, and then I can never login once I put my info in. I have messed with the application settings and nothing seems to work. I don't want to take my firewall down because of obvious fears. Also, this is a personal blackberry, I don't have IT, or a policy, lol.

Anyone experiencing something similar or have any advice? Thanks in advance!
    04-04-09 01:13 PM
    In your application list make sure pandora's permission is allowed.
    04-04-09 01:29 PM
    In your application list make sure pandora's permission is allowed.
    it is already
    04-04-09 01:32 PM
    Have you tried unistalling and reinstalling?
    04-04-09 01:39 PM
    You need to turn off your firewall. This happens with a lot of applications and it is annoying. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the developers or the Blackberry OS.
    04-04-09 01:48 PM
    You need to turn off your firewall. This happens with a lot of applications and it is annoying. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the developers or the Blackberry OS.
    Yep, overlooked that! i forgot that i had to do this.
    04-04-09 01:55 PM
    cool...i'll try that...thanks
    04-04-09 02:35 PM
    there isn't some security issues though with turning your firewall off?
    04-04-09 02:36 PM
    None that i have noticed.
    04-04-09 04:00 PM
    there isn't some security issues though with turning your firewall off?
    I believe it is off by default anyway. Whenever I go into the security settings and check there are never any blocked items, so I'm not sure what it does exactly. The only reason I ever turned mine on in the first place was to stop the annoying pop up in Opera Mini asking for permission every time it connected to the internet.
    04-04-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD