Is it just me, or does the internet take a while to connect for the rest of you.
    04-04-09 03:07 AM
    I think the native browser is inefficient..I have that problem sometimes too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:16 AM
    Mine works just fine for me. As soon as I press the return key after entering an address, it begins immediately requesting and the page starts to load up another second after that. I'm over in South Dakota and we just got EVDO last year, so it's working a lot better than it ever was when we were just at 1x speed.
    04-04-09 03:25 AM
    Obviously it has a lot to do with signal strength. At home, where I have always had bad reception, my Internet is rather slow. In areas where my reception is strong, my Internet loads much quicker. This doesn't really bother me since I have DSL at home.
    04-04-09 03:29 AM
    I have problems with connecting to the internet, opening apps,placing and receiving calls regardless of signal strength!!! I have tried to have patience and give the phone a chance, but after 4 1/2 months I desperately need to dump this thing and at least pick up a Curve.
    04-04-09 04:18 AM
    Is it just me, or does the internet take a while to connect for the rest of you.
    I don't have any isssues with it, but then again I live in sort of a "bigger city" area, so I usually have good reception.
    04-04-09 04:55 AM
    My connectivity is fine and browsing is speedy. I, too, live in a major metropolitan area that's one of Verizon's core cities.
    04-04-09 05:08 AM
    I'm just waiting for the Mozilla mobile browser. After that, all will be well.
    04-04-09 05:25 AM
    what plans do you guys have for your BB's? is it just the 20ish something extra plan?
    04-04-09 05:53 AM
    Not for me, it connects fairly fast.
    04-04-09 06:14 AM
    Pretty quick here, even 1Rx ain't too bad for me.

04-04-09 06:17 AM
    I downloaded the Bolt browser.

The cons that people say Bolt has aren't problems for me.

BB Browser takes minutes to load up pages for me, where Bolt takes 15 seconds at most. I tried Crackberry since it is very data-intensive. BB browser wont load it in a reasonable amount of time. I might as well just forget about it. Bolt, on the other hand, loads crackberry up with no problem.
    04-04-09 06:19 AM
    fwiw, i complained about that a while back, another user nice enough to answer me( cant remember his name ) told me to open the browser>BB key>options>browser configuration>uncheck support java>check prompt to enable java.

it may be my imagination but having it prompt me when java is needed sure seemed to speed up my BB browser. rather than having it run all the time
    04-04-09 09:08 AM
    What OS are you running? The official OS (.75) has a very slow browser. I don't know which was the first leaked version to address this, but I'm running .99 and my browser is very fast and responsive.

04-04-09 09:20 AM
    Depends on the person. I was asked a little while back to fix someone's computer because the browsing was slow. Tested it took at most like 3 seconds for it to load MSN.com. The complaint? They could see the jpegs loading, this means it was slow as dial up.

On the other hand in a two bar spot it took 15 seconds for it to load this simple page. For me I am fine with that.

04-04-09 09:36 AM
    what plans do you guys have for your BB's? is it just the 20ish something extra plan?
    Yeah I just have the $29.99 unlimited BIS plan.

I don't have trouble with it being slow.
    04-04-09 09:41 AM
    Mine is slow at work (where I don't get good coverage maybe 2 bars max), but runs fast at home (never less than 3 bars.

If you are concerned about speed, there is a speed test app in app world (available other places too I'm told).

04-04-09 09:56 AM
    fwiw, i complained about that a while back, another user nice enough to answer me( cant remember his name ) told me to open the browser>BB key>options>browser configuration>uncheck support java>check prompt to enable java.

it may be my imagination but having it prompt me when java is needed sure seemed to speed up my BB browser. rather than having it run all the time
    THanks for the tip mine was running slow even with a good signal and this definitely speeds things up...
    04-04-09 10:06 AM
    I'm in Atlanta so my internet connects really fast
    04-04-09 11:40 AM
    HI, I used the speed test app and get a solid, hold on to your hat, 300K up and down link, most (80%) of the time. Less than 2 bars slows way down, but full signal to 2 bars, 300K. I don't consider that super fast, it seems adequate. Would I like it faster? Absolutely!
    04-04-09 12:35 PM
    Pretty quick for me also.
    04-04-09 12:37 PM
    HI, I used the speed test app and get a solid, hold on to your hat, 300K up and down link, most (80%) of the time. Less than 2 bars slows way down, but full signal to 2 bars, 300K. I don't consider that super fast, it seems adequate. Would I like it faster? Absolutely!
    That's the speed I get at work with less than 2 bars. At home I get 500 down and 450 up with 3+ bars.

04-04-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD