Hey guys new to the forum and new to blackberrys. What do you guys use for an all in one IM app? i mostly use windows live messenger and yahoo. Someone told me that that is a program that puts those all together? can you get your facebook chat put into a program like this to? thanks for you help
    04-03-09 05:33 PM
    Instango (free), BeejiveIM (paid), Webmessenger (free), IM+ (paid)
    04-03-09 05:38 PM
    i suppose i should add i was hoping to get a free one. thanks
    04-03-09 05:39 PM
    There's a couple more free ones who's names escape me.
    04-03-09 05:40 PM
    Beejive FTW
    04-03-09 05:54 PM
    Instango (free), BeejiveIM (paid), Webmessenger (free), IM+ (paid)
    Thanks for posting those. I was wondering the same thing.
    04-03-09 05:59 PM
    instango, ebuddy, nimbuzz are good ones

paid for IM apps = lame, nobody pays for them on their computers why should they now
    04-03-09 06:25 PM
    Palringo is a pretty good free one too...with Facebook
    04-03-09 06:39 PM
    The ones I know of are:

Free Apps:
    - Instango
    - Palringo
    - NumBuzz
    - eBuddy

Non-Free Apps:
    - IM+
    - JiveTalk
    04-03-09 06:40 PM
    I used to use eBuddy but it was just too slow. Since trying Instango I've never had need to look elsewhere. It uses AIM, YIM, Gtalk and MSN (and others, but I haven't used ICQ since like'94). But the thing I really like are that it integrates so well with the BB. The precision theme matches the Bold's theme perfectly, it collapses chats and connections and gives lots of options for how much to display and how much to download. It's very streamlined but doesn't lack graphics and things that make it look good. It's fast, works well on all connection types for me and keeps itself running better than the indidual clients or eBuddy did for me.

I was thinking I should try Palringo but I don't need FB chat much and don't really want anything to be different from the way Instango works for me.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-03-09 at 07:01 PM.
    04-03-09 06:58 PM
    Instango! Hands down the best IM app. Only gripe is no Facebook chat. That would be cool. And it's in the new beta, so just a little patience and it will be perfect.
    04-03-09 09:30 PM
    I used to use eBuddy but it was just too slow. Since trying Instango I've never had need to look elsewhere. It uses AIM, YIM, Gtalk and MSN (and others, but I haven't used ICQ since like'94). But the thing I really like are that it integrates so well with the BB. The precision theme matches the Bold's theme perfectly, it collapses chats and connections and gives lots of options for how much to display and how much to download. It's very streamlined but doesn't lack graphics and things that make it look good. It's fast, works well on all connection types for me and keeps itself running better than the indidual clients or eBuddy did for me.

I was thinking I should try Palringo but I don't need FB chat much and don't really want anything to be different from the way Instango works for me.

kinda hard to use ICQ in 94, since it came out in late 96.
    04-03-09 09:40 PM
    +1 to Palringo here.
    04-03-09 10:15 PM
    kinda hard to use ICQ in 94, since it came out in late 96.
    Hence the word "like" in my sentence. I have no idea when I last used that app. It was a long damn time ago was my point.
    04-06-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD