Found this article....
    Not exactly about the storm but nice article regardless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/ma...ium-t.html?hpw
    04-03-09 03:16 PM
    The picture of the iPhone as a coaster is classic. Good read overall.
    04-03-09 03:24 PM
    haha that's excellent
    and the 2nd anti-iPhone article in the NY Times in one week
    04-03-09 03:28 PM
    Pretty nice read.
    04-03-09 03:36 PM
    I liked the description of index finger typing on the iPhone as opposed to thumb typing on a BB. I thumb type on my Storm and it really is quite natural.
    04-03-09 03:45 PM
    After a couple weeks with the Storm, I'm now thumb-typing with ease. I actually anticipate being pretty fast before long. Now if I can find a way to avoid the eyestrain...
    04-03-09 03:50 PM
    lol. nice. good article
    04-03-09 03:50 PM
    Great find.
    04-03-09 04:08 PM
    Now if I can find a way to avoid the eyestrain...
    Column view is my friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 04:52 PM
    i cant lie I had a Iphone and it was a good phone because of its apps but the storm is on another level you get informed when you get a facebook message a myspace message and the aim is always on the storm takes all the things from everyone of the great phones and crams them in one I mean the connectivity to instant message apps like the sidekick the touch screen and multimedia of the iphone and then to top it off its a blackberry i know it may have a lot of errors but nothings perfect...
    04-03-09 05:42 PM
    It kind of reminds me of when I first got the Storm. When I got the Storm I thought I was supposed to use my index fingers on it like the iPhone. Didn't take me long to figure out that wasn't going to work out...lol! Then it took me a couple days to train my right thumb to stay in it's turf and the left to stay in it's turf. Once I got that down things became a LOT easier.

BTW, has anyone tried using their thumbs on an iPhone? It doesn't work. Not only are thumbs too big for the portrait keyboard, but the iPhone just isn't that easy to cradle without accidentally typing things you don't want with your thumbs. You pretty much HAVE to hold it in one hand and peck away with the index finger of your other hand.

In either case there's an adjustment to be made though and I totally understand why some people just can't deal with touch screens. If I did a lot of typing I would lose my mind!
    04-03-09 05:42 PM
    Nice atricle!!
    04-03-09 07:01 PM
    i remember when i had my first beer...
    04-03-09 07:03 PM
    LOL i love it
    04-03-09 07:22 PM

BTW, has anyone tried using their thumbs on an iPhone? It doesn't work. Not only are thumbs too big for the portrait keyboard, but the iPhone just isn't that easy to cradle without accidentally typing things you don't want with your thumbs. You pretty much HAVE to hold it in one hand and peck away with the index finger of your other hand.
    Ive tried using my thumbs. it hit every key EXCEPT the one i wanted.
    04-03-09 07:23 PM
    i love the coaster pic, set it as my wallpaper on my phone lol.
    04-03-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD