The movement is great however it doesn't light up anymore. Will a new trackball fix this issue?
    04-03-09 11:59 AM
    No it wont, the LED that lights up the trackball is located on the phones motherboard. It's a warranty repair, i suggest you call your carrier for a replacement.
    04-03-09 12:03 PM
    Hipefully you didn't already open it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 12:06 PM
    Have contacted Rogers... they said that since it is not directly interferring with the normal opertion of the device that its not warranty. And no i haven't opened it up yet...
    04-03-09 12:33 PM
    Have contacted Rogers... they said that since it is not directly interferring with the normal opertion of the device that its not warranty. And no i haven't opened it up yet...
    wow! I would be completely pi$$ed off if they told me that. It is a warranty repair issue, are you going to stand for that? I heard bad things about Rogers and I guess their living up to their reputation.
    04-03-09 12:42 PM
    Time to go up the chain until you get satisfaction or get a black TB to compensate.

04-03-09 01:10 PM
    That response is unacceptable! WOW

04-03-09 01:14 PM
    call back and ask again. some of the reps are bricks and some are wonderfully understanding. you'll get a new one who will probably be willing to solve the problem
    04-03-09 01:51 PM
    They love making their notes when they talk to you but can never find them when you call back. I will try tonight and report back. Appreciate everyones help...
    04-03-09 02:33 PM
    Since they screwed with you, you screw with them. Tell them that your phone keeps shutting off every five minutes. And as they troubleshoot with you and they say "now do this" you say "you know what, as we're speaking the phone just shut off and is resetting itself again."

I wouldn't put up with that crap that they told you.
    04-03-09 02:36 PM
    Normal operation of the phone... Let's see, oh I know... I can't see my trackball in the dark! Is that normal Mr. Rogers? And be sure to call them Mr. Rogers, no matter who the CSR is...

It's like saying if your keyboard didn't light up but still worked, it's not interfering with the normal operation of the phone. What a load of BS. You spend several hundred dollars on something, it should work perfectly for at least a year...
    Last edited by sandos; 04-03-09 at 02:46 PM.
    04-03-09 02:44 PM
    I have installed a Black Trackball.. 5 assume the light is behind it as always, but it does not light up at all.. It does not interfere with the function of the phone.. as a matter of fact I like it.
    I'm not saying you should not have it fixed ala warranty.. just saying.. there are other options.. go Black...
    04-03-09 03:05 PM
    Since they screwed with you, you screw with them. Tell them that your phone keeps shutting off every five minutes. And as they troubleshoot with you and they say "now do this" you say "you know what, as we're speaking the phone just shut off and is resetting itself again."

I wouldn't put up with that crap that they told you.
    Yep this is what id be doing if they arent willing to replace it due to a faulty trackball LED. Id give it a day or so then ring back and say my phone is no longer working ie keeps rebooting etc etc. In the end they will give you a new phone or should do...just a shame you have to lie about the phone not working as it should.
    04-03-09 03:11 PM
    Finally!!!!! They are sending out a replacement unit.... Trackball not lighting up, keeps rebooting (wink, wink) and sometimes when i spin the trackball to the right, it doesn't move the pointer...

Thank you all who helped me get this done... so much aappreciate it
    04-03-09 04:27 PM
    Finally!!!!! They are sending out a replacement unit.... Trackball not lighting up, keeps rebooting (wink, wink) and sometimes when i spin the trackball to the right, it doesn't move the pointer...

Good work...
    04-03-09 04:28 PM

Glad it worked out.
    04-03-09 04:30 PM
    Hopefully they don't send you a refurb Bold.
    04-03-09 05:35 PM
    If he's over his 30 days, a refurb it is.
    04-03-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD