I know this is long but please read:

Ok guys/ladies I need some help/advice. I got my storm on release date and I absolutely love it. But about 6-8 weeks ago I called and got a replacement due to a "dead" spot on my screen. And by "dead" I mean it didn't click that well. So I got the replacement and the new one didn't click any better. So, I called and told them that this one was just as bad and asked if they could send me another one. Well, I guess they didn't believe me or wasn't sure what the problem was so she asked me to take it to the store and have someone there look at it, and if they can confirm it was a real problem then they would send another one. And I told her that that's fine I can do that, but I don't know when it would be because I am a busy person and a trip to my Verizon store is never a quick one because it's always so busy there. And she said that's fine she'll note my account so that they won't charge me for the phone after the 10 day period. She said she would give me a couple more weeks and give me a call back to check on me. (And let me make it clear that she was extremely nice and very helpful.) So me not knowing when I could take it to Verizon I took it upon myself to fix the screen. I simply loosened the screws on the back and viola problem fixed. So, I kind of forgot about my problem and carried on as usual. A couple of weeks passed and I came across the replacement phone one day when I was cleaning up my office. I honestly forgot all about it. I noticed that I haven't been billed for it yet so I thought that Verizon either forgot about it or just decided to let it count as a buy one get one since I have been a loyal customer with five lines for the last 6 years. So I gave it a couple more weeks and still no charge for the phone. So I then got curious and wanted to see if it would work on my wife's line. I get online and activate it and sure enough no problems whatsoever. So that led me to further believe that Verizon just wanted me to have it. So I went and bought a battery and memory card. And my wife continued to use it. So, 2-3 weeks later I check my account online and I noticed that I owe about $550 more than usual. Well I called and explained to them everything I just said and asked if they could just count it as a "buy one get one" since I am a loyal customer or at least come down on the price. And the gentleman understood everything and didn't blame more for trying. So he put me on hold to see what he could work out with his supervisor. He came back with $100 dollars off. I said I appreciate it but no thank you. Then he said $150 off. And again thanks but no thanks. Then he said $200 off for a total of $300. And again I told him I really appreciate it but I'll just send it back and he said that would be fine. So I was about to pack up the phone and realized I could keep the battery and 8 gig card. So I thought that maybe they weren't factoring that in when they were coming off the price. So I'm giving this one last ditch effort to anyone that could help me. All I need to pay for is the phone. No charger, battery, or memory card. So if any of you reps out there want to help a fellow Storm user out, then please let me know how I can contact you. Or if you think $300 is the best they can do then just give it to me straight. But I'm hoping it could count as the buy one get one...fingers crossed. And thanks so much to anyone who read this entire post!
    04-03-09 09:32 AM
    Get that flame-resistant suit on, fast!
    04-03-09 09:39 AM
    lol believe me, I'm well prepared for that!
    04-03-09 09:40 AM
    Dude, this is not meant ot be a flame or anything like that.

But, you apparently tried to pull a fast one and now you are going to have to pay for it. (literally)
    04-03-09 09:52 AM
    Get that flame-resistant suit on, fast!
    LOL... nice.

Unfortunately, its a package man. You cannot send back the phone without the SD card in it. You will get billed for the full phone if you do so. Its like turning in a rental car without the exhaust on it when your new car is in the shop because you only need the exhaust for your wife's car. Doesn't work like that.
    04-03-09 09:55 AM
    just send it back...idk why you're trying to squeeze every friggin' nickel and dime out of the situation. it's people like you that create policies about the warantee exchanges, always trying to come up and take advantage of companies and people...makes me sick!
    04-03-09 10:10 AM
    Dude, this is not meant ot be a flame or anything like that.

But, you apparently tried to pull a fast one and now you are going to have to pay for it. (literally)
    Not trying to pull a fast one at all. I honestly forgot about it while I was waiting on the supervisor to call me back. And I can send the phone back right now and be refunded. But this was just one last effort to get a good deal on it so that they can continue to get my 30 extra dollars a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:12 AM
    LOL... nice.

Unfortunately, its a package man. You cannot send back the phone without the SD card in it. You will get billed for the full phone if you do so. Its like turning in a rental car without the exhaust on it when your new car is in the shop because you only need the exhaust for your wife's car. Doesn't work like that.
    No it didn't come with an sd card or battery. All it came with is the phone and battery cover. Nothing else. That's why I thougt they might have forgotten to factor that in when they were coming off the price

04-03-09 10:18 AM
    If you send it back, you should get a credit. Just call customer care, let them know when you mailed it back and make sure they notate your account.
    04-03-09 10:19 AM
    You're a thief. You make everything I buy cost more because I have to cover the cost of your theft. It sounds like you may own a business - I hope your customers treat you the same way.
    04-03-09 10:19 AM
    The $30 a month just for having a BB really burns me up. But if we want it, we gotta pay for it..
    I had 2 storms, 1 for me and 1 for the wife. So we got hit with $60 a month. Luckily she did not like hers and I have it sitting in the box while she went back to her Razr. $160 a month for cell phones is a little crazy.
    04-03-09 10:21 AM
    rriigghhtt.... Verizon is all about just giving away things. Why just the other week I was looking at the reps phone. he walked away and I figured he must have just wanted me to have his storm too.
    04-03-09 10:22 AM
    just send it back...idk why you're trying to squeeze every friggin' nickel and dime out of the situation. it's people like you that create policies about the warantee exchanges, always trying to come up and take advantage of companies and people...makes me sick!
    Not trying to take advantage of them at all. Just trying to work out a deal with them. I give them an extra 30 dollars a month and in return they let me keep the phone. And in a sense They won't be losing anything because they already have the buy one get one deal. And other Verizon workers were saying that they would till honor that deal if someone came in their asking for that deal even if they had bought their storm on release date. So I just thought it wouldn't hurt to just ask. Is that so wrong?

Last edited by navy_seal85; 04-03-09 at 10:28 AM.
    04-03-09 10:24 AM
    Just return it...
    04-03-09 10:36 AM
    Not trying to take advantage of them at all. Just trying to work out a deal with them. I give them an extra 30 dollars a month and in return they let me keep the phone. And in a sense They won't be losing anything because they already have the buy one get one deal. And other Verizon workers were saying that they would till honor that deal if someone came in their asking for that deal even if they had bought their storm on release date. So I just thought it wouldn't hurt to just ask. Is that so wrong?

The only part that I don't understand is you now have 2 phones that don't click right that you haven't resolved yet. How were yo planning on obtaining a warranty for the second phone?

04-03-09 10:37 AM
    I dont understand .... just send the phone back and have your account credited. Then upgrade one of your other lines and buy a new phone for $200 for the wife. Why would you pay $300.
    04-03-09 10:41 AM
    OK... I misunderstood that they sent you a FRU phone, not a brand new phone. Unfortunately, it still works the same way. Don't return the phone and you get billed the full price for it, whether it was a FRU or not.
    04-03-09 10:42 AM
    The only part that I don't understand is you now have 2 phones that don't click right that you haven't resolved yet. How were yo planning on obtaining a warranty for the second phone?

No I fixed both of them after reading on here how to fix it. Simply by loosening the screws on the back.

04-03-09 10:43 AM
    Can't believe you think you deserve any sort of break from Verizon. When you "found" that second phone you should have sent it back and everything that came with it. The claim that you thought Verizon "wanted you to have it" doesn't wash...not even close. You then went so far as to activate the second phone for your wife and then you want to cut a deal? Please. What really made me laugh was when you "realized you could keep the battery and card". Really? How do you justify that move? Maybe because Verizon sends out replacements without those so you figure you can get away with keeping something you didn't pay for?

Look....I won't mince words because that's not my style. Right is right and what you've done and are attempting to do is wrong. You should either pay for the phone or return it....and everything that came with it. Where are your morals? This is why companies are so hard to deal with at times. They simply get accustomed to people trying to pull fast ones and cheat them. Ruins things for the rest of the customer base.
    04-03-09 10:48 AM
    I dont understand .... just send the phone back and have your account credited. Then upgrade one of your other lines and buy a new phone for $200 for the wife. Why would you pay $300.
    And I will probably just send it back and get credited but I thought since I am a loyal customer that they might just count it as a buy one get one.

04-03-09 10:52 AM
    I thought since I am a loyal customer that they might just count it as a buy one get one.
    ha ha ha ha

that's great
    04-03-09 11:07 AM
    eyes r bleeding from all the bunched up text...

got paragraph?
    04-03-09 11:13 AM
    Can't believe you think you deserve any sort of break from Verizon. When you "found" that second phone you should have sent it back and everything that came with it. The claim that you thought Verizon "wanted you to have it" doesn't wash...not even close. You then went so far as to activate the second phone for your wife and then you want to cut a deal? Please. What really made me laugh was when you "realized you could keep the battery and card". Really? How do you justify that move? Maybe because Verizon sends out replacements without those so you figure you can get away with keeping something you didn't pay for?

Look....I won't mince words because that's not my style. Right is right and what you've done and are attempting to do is wrong. You should either pay for the phone or return it....and everything that came with it. Where are your morals? This is why companies are so hard to deal with at times. They simply get accustomed to people trying to pull fast ones and cheat them. Ruins things for the rest of the customer base.
    Lol wow you guys are harsh. Lol but I think you all have a misconception about me. I'm an honest guy I really am. I just thought Verizon might be able to cut me a deal. But if you read my entire post you would realize that I paid for the memory card and battery. It didn't come with anything but the phone and battery cover. No charger or anything. So yes I am entitled to keep that. But as far as me needing to send it back when I found it under all my papers a couple weeks later, I will admit that I should have sent it back then. But I honestly didn't think it would activate when I tried to activate it. And Its not like I was going to sale the phone and make money off of it. I continued to give Verizon my business and they make an extra 30 dollars from me a month. With my wife's storm I now have 4 storms on my account. That's why I thought they might have just counted it as a buy one get one. I thought that maybe someone was reviewing my account and saw that they make a lot of money from me as it is and I thought maybe just maybe they decided to not worry about it. And let me make it clear that if it wasn't for the buy one get one promotion, I wouldn't even consider trying get this deal

Last edited by navy_seal85; 04-05-09 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo
    04-03-09 11:13 AM
    i still dont undersand why you wanna keep it if it doesn't work. why don't you get a new phone for your BOGO offer? that's what they'd give you....theres something fishy going on...
    04-03-09 11:14 AM
    i still dont undersand why you wanna keep it if it doesn't work. why don't you get a new phone for your BOGO offer? that's what they'd give you....theres something fishy going on...
    But I fixed it. Via loosening the screws. And I'm not exactly entitled to the buy one get one because I bought my storm on release date.

04-03-09 11:25 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD