Happened to be stumbling around some finance sites doing some research and noticed an article on blogging stocks titled "Research in Motion blows past estimates"

Here's an excerpt:
    Sales for the quarter were great for the company, with a reported $3.46 billion. We have been hearing a lot about the slowdown in consumer spending over the past year, but that has just not been the case for RIMM. On a year over year basis, sales jumped 84%, and compared to the previous quarter we see a nice increase of 24%. Not too bad in the current economic environment.

Does anyone else think that with all this extra money they're making they should bring on a FEW more storm developers?!
    04-02-09 10:03 PM
    They are up to .18X+ so I think they may be set in that department and they were one of the few companies who were still hiring during economic downturn.
    04-02-09 10:10 PM
    lol doubt it, im sure it will mostly just go into the CEO's pocket.... sadly... i want me some of that!
    04-02-09 10:10 PM
    im thinking how are they doing so well in this economy?
    could it be ppl will do without their starbucks and SUV's but they won't give up their blackberries?
    04-02-09 10:18 PM
    At least the blackberries give back joy and extreme useage... SUV's just take money and gas...screw the starbucks and the yuppies..I'll take DD's any day!
    04-02-09 10:25 PM
    At least the blackberries give back joy and extreme useage... SUV's just take money and gas...screw the starbucks and the yuppies..I'll take DD's any day!
    My wife has those!
    04-02-09 10:28 PM
    lol...lucky guy!
    04-02-09 10:30 PM
    U mean BBs right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:37 PM
    Happened to be stumbling around some finance sites doing some research and noticed an article on blogging stocks titled "Research in Motion blows past estimates"

Here's an excerpt:
    Sales for the quarter were great for the company, with a reported $3.46 billion. We have been hearing a lot about the slowdown in consumer spending over the past year, but that has just not been the case for RIMM. On a year over year basis, sales jumped 84%, and compared to the previous quarter we see a nice increase of 24%. Not too bad in the current economic environment.

Does anyone else think that with all this extra money they're making they should bring on a FEW more storm developers?!
    do some research before posting. its been well documented that VZW rushed the phone out before it was ready. against RIMs better judgment. this is no surprise. now RIM is working hard to perfect their OS. If they were given time (ala, vzw didnt rush the device out for black friday and the holiday season), you wouldnt be so critical of RIM as you wouldn't have even seen the storm until it had its Golden Code to go with it.
    04-02-09 10:42 PM
    Ya well they have had 4 months to work on it. RIM should have told VZW to not bother with testing .113, they know these OSs have issues, yet still push them out to partners inturn wasting their time. If they are up to .18x, partners should be testing that, not like Voda s testing .118 now. That's bull****.

Frack, even 4.7.1.x blows at the moment. I still don't understand why it's so god damn hard to stabalize code in Java. Heck, damn Plazmic has issues. WTF? I think they made the wrong programming language choice when Mike decided to market his 2-way pager a few years back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD