Well I know it's early but I just installed .204. I received a text and when I went to reply The cursor was in the message field but so was the original message. WTF, now i'm searching to see if there is a setting somewhere on the phone that needs to be changed.

Also, got a DC call and the icon still showed up.

Had to double check that I'm running .204 and not .128, unfortunately it is .204

Sprint, RIM, Nextel SUCKS! can't they make it easy.
    04-02-09 05:57 PM
    Ring tones do not come through the bluetooth, however wife unit say echo is gone.
    04-02-09 06:00 PM
    lol maybe its a late april fools, or maybe like the virus it won't become active till tomorrow
    04-02-09 06:02 PM
    Did anyone try OTA upgrade?
    04-02-09 06:04 PM
    this new update did NOTHING....i mean nothing....i want the sprint blackberry forreal.... im tired of this nextel blackberry....slow network, slow mms...this wasnt what i was looking for when i bought this phone
    04-02-09 06:25 PM
    Well I know it's early but I just installed .204. I received a text and when I went to reply The cursor was in the message field but so was the original message. WTF, now i'm searching to see if there is a setting somewhere on the phone that needs to be changed.

Had to double check that I'm running .204 and not .128, unfortunately it is .204

Did you do the 'official' (ie: delivered) update? or the one from the download link off some fileshare server?
    04-02-09 06:25 PM
    This is complete B.S... Ima write a letter to the CEO and let him no this this is just unacceptable. I have a friend who works for tmobile and can hook it up w a 8900 for 99.00. If the won't give me a sprint curve, Ima have to make the move.
    04-02-09 06:36 PM
    I don't remember seeing anything (maybe I missed it) about the DC icon being one of the fixes. So if it wasn't, can it be a bug?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 06:38 PM
    Did you do the 'official' (ie: delivered) update? or the one from the download link off some fileshare server?
    Yes heck, I did the official right from the Blackberry site. I'm baffled
    04-02-09 06:41 PM
    I don't remember seeing anything (maybe I missed it) about the DC icon being one of the fixes. So if it wasn't, can it be a bug?

Hi johnelaw, well it's not a new bug but this thing wasn't in .83, then showed up in .128. When I talked with the exec. care person he said this was being fixed also. Once a bug alwys a bug until it's gone....lol
    04-02-09 06:44 PM
    this new update did NOTHING....i mean nothing....i want the sprint blackberry forreal.... im tired of this nextel blackberry....slow network, slow mms...this wasnt what i was looking for when i bought this phone
    I agree adley, this update didn't change anything that I can see other than the numbers in the version info. I except the slower network for the DC option but I'm wondering if it's worth all the BS we have to go through.
    04-02-09 06:46 PM

same here...only thing i havent checked was the dc to phone when put on vibrate/quiet yet
    04-02-09 06:51 PM
    I haven't done the update yet, but what a disappointment to hear that nothing has changed other than the echo. This should make for an interesting next few weeks for a lot of people

04-02-09 07:03 PM
    Hi johnelaw, well it's not a new bug but this thing wasn't in .83, then showed up in .128. When I talked with the exec. care person he said this was being fixed also. Once a bug alwys a bug until it's gone....lol
    True, if it worked "properly" once, and now it doesn't...

It's weird at best. Do you think that the "Hide Filed Messages" fix was the desired intention, or it just happened to work? Because then there's the Direct Send folder that apparently should trap these things, but doesn't.

I just wonder what RIM's and/or Nextel's intentions where when they mashed these two technologies together?
    04-02-09 07:09 PM
    Well, I'm truely saddened. An outright LIE about what was going to be fixed.
    I've got my contact in exec support, sounds like she and I will be having a long conversation tomorrow.
    I'm done. I only extended my contract in order to get a working blackberry with d/c. Since they are unable to come through on their end, I won't be honoring mine.
    IF, and it's a big IF, they are nice, I'll switch to the sprint side. But honestly, after this little slap in the face, there are other carriers to explore.
    04-02-09 07:14 PM
    looks liek the direct send folder is gone...either than or im just not catching it lol
    04-02-09 07:16 PM
    wow, well i am waiting for the dm to get the update. but with all the bs going on maybe i should be trying to get a regular bb and ditch the dc.
    04-02-09 07:18 PM
    Well been running it for about 3 hours. Echo seems to be gone. Made 3 calls. Direct send icon is gone, but....sent a mms to my personal phone and got it almost instantly....replied and it has been over 15 mins and still no mms on my 8350i. This is BS!!
    04-02-09 07:24 PM
    looks liek the direct send folder is gone...either than or im just not catching it lol
    Yes it it gone. As far I'm reading here in the forum, the .204 version is the same as mine .194

04-02-09 07:32 PM
    Well been running it for about 3 hours. Echo seems to be gone. Made 3 calls. Direct send icon is gone, but....sent a mms to my personal phone and got it almost instantly....replied and it has been over 15 mins and still no mms on my 8350i. This is BS!!
    your direct send icon is gone?

no one elses is

:\
    04-02-09 07:32 PM
    your direct send icon is gone?

no one elses is

:\
    My direct folder is gone also.

04-02-09 07:41 PM
    yea my direct send info folder is gone too

but still ahve the direct send mesage/icon in messages and on the homescreen untill u got in and view the message everytime
    04-02-09 07:45 PM
    yea my direct send info folder is gone too

but still ahve the direct send mesage/icon in messages and on the homescreen untill u got in and view the message everytime
    Yeah same as before. This is unreal that they let this happen. I don't want to hear it was a mistake and shouldn't have been released. The only mistake is me sticking with Nextel.

04-02-09 07:54 PM
    LOL I love how people are blaming sprint,
    even though the blame clearly lies with rim.
    04-02-09 08:26 PM
    Anyone know what new icon on home screen is - next to profiles? It looks like a phone with a red line through it.
    04-02-09 08:31 PM
143 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD