Oh it's a faster browser, it just takes forever to type in a URL. Then the real fun part comes with trying to enter your password with that curser. And what's with the split screen, are they serious?

Maybe I'm just as dumb as a rock but I couldn't figure the darn thing out. I'm staying with the Blackberry Browser.
    04-02-09 12:13 PM
    I dropped it in about 20 minutes. It took forever to type in an address, then hit select. BB Browser is just a type and hit enter.
    04-02-09 12:28 PM
    I keep it but only use it to access a few image heavy websites I check in on when not at my computer.
    04-02-09 12:29 PM
    I like that is fast, but not dessigned for the storm. So I too bolted
    04-02-09 12:36 PM
    I like that is fast, but not dessigned for the storm. So I too bolted
    That's why I dropped it!
    04-02-09 12:37 PM
    I bolted its just not optimized for the storm. Opera while it takes some getting used to does work well on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 12:46 PM
    i keep it tucked away in a folder cause its definitely useful for viewing sites littered with text and image. if i want to do some forum surfing ill use it. its way better than bb's browser in that regard. i like that when you first tap on a link it will display bigger then you can tap again if you want to 'click' it.

but for simple quick mobile browsing checking scores and what not, its the BBbrowser all the way.
    04-02-09 01:19 PM
    I've weighed in a few times on this browser because I want to like it. IMHO, we have the BB Browser which is very user friendly but slow and we have OM which is stable, fast but not very user-friendly. I think OM has the potential to be awesome but I'm not sure about their interest level in a fully-Storm optimized version. I mean, how do they make money on this?

Anyhow, I saw Bolt in the same league as OM and I know it's just in beta so they get more latitude but it just isn't usable now. I actually don't find it fast at all. I'm not sure why but I sit at loading for very, very long time and then it goes fast and displays the screen. Overall, I've waited longer at times than the BB Browser. OM's socked connection is far and away faster than either browsers. Also, I think Bolt's scrolling is still jerky as **** no matter how much that's been improved. The default font is ugly.

Then there's the incredible hype surrounding it. I think there's way too much kool-aid going around.
    04-02-09 01:23 PM
    Yep, I used it for about a week and kicked it to the curb. To be fair, it's a good layout and maybe later versions will peek my interests but for now .
    04-02-09 01:29 PM
    it's aggravating getting used to touching a link instead of clicking it, but it sure is fast!

I've got it installed, but never use it!
    04-02-09 01:33 PM
    Tried it...hated it...dropped it. It was lightening quick though...maybe RIM should ask them how they got that kind of speed?
    04-02-09 01:35 PM
    It's a shame I was a big fan of Bolt but no more!

The BB browser is so much faster now I don't need Bolt or Opera! I was also getting sick of having to ok every time it wanted to connect!
    04-02-09 01:35 PM
    I bolted, i had high hopes for the new version, but it did not live up to the expectations. i dont like the arrow key as opposed to the "grabber" option.
    04-02-09 01:41 PM
    I like the BOLT browser better than Opera....so I keep both the BOLT and BB browser on my storm.
    04-02-09 01:45 PM
    yep got rid of bolt after doing a side by side with opera. no contest. while neither browser is designed for the storm,speed kills. and opera blew bolt out of the water as far as speed goes. yes bolt is faster than the bb browser.then again me runnin down the street with a fridge tied to my back is faster than the bb browser.
    04-02-09 01:45 PM
    Yep. I bolted the Bolt! It's just not Storm ready.
    04-02-09 01:49 PM
    I gave it another try with this update, but deleted it after 20 minutes of playing with it. I prefer the standard BB browser.
    04-02-09 01:55 PM
    I too tried to like Bolt, but it really is a pain to use. All downloads get forced through the BB browser, unlike Opera. I think the speed was comparable to Opera, but usability was worse. And Opera's no slouch in that department either; it too has quirks.
    04-02-09 02:17 PM
    I bolted from Bolt after just 5 minutes.
    04-02-09 02:20 PM
    After Two days of super fast page loading then wasting minutes trying to type username and password.... i dropped it.
    04-02-09 02:26 PM
    I like how fast it is. It is just not easy to zoom/unzoom like you can do on the defaul BB browser. And therefore links and text boxes are hard to select. They have more work to do for Storm users.
    04-02-09 02:53 PM
    in new version, accidentally tapping an image link or button still makes it go immediately. That's ok in opera but you can't stop the loading in bolt. Also, the ridiculously tiny check box they use just stays tiny when you are zoomed in. otherwise it would be a good browser. New version also tends to screw up the page when you come back from a text box. This is a killer. Bolt is the only browser that let's me comment on reddit.com. Now that I can prevent clicking the wrong links with the new version, I can't see the "post" button because the page gets garbled when I return from typing.

Opera has nice workarounds like using the U N H and K keys to move a mouse cursor and accurately get at tiny things. The address bar is completely transformed from garbage to pretty good once you change that one option, "auto complete address input." Gives you more options too like copy and paste and current address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rednukleus; 04-02-09 at 03:24 PM.
    04-02-09 03:07 PM
    same here... I really didn't care for the double click "feature" to click on links.
    04-02-09 03:13 PM
    I dont have it anymore either. I could never get it to load the URL.
    04-02-09 03:29 PM
    I installed Bolt. It took forever to type in a URL. Opera Mini was faster for me on .113. I uninstalled after that.
    04-02-09 04:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD