I'm thinking about installing .113 since its so heavily rumored that it will be Verizon's official update. I was just wondering if I'll lose the third party applications that I've installed or if there are any other problems that I might run into after doing this update.
    04-02-09 11:52 AM
    Most of your apps will be backed up, but you will have to activate/register them again.
    04-02-09 12:01 PM
    No. Back them up, install 113 and they'll be there. I did it last night. If I can do it you can do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 12:03 PM
    go to the storm os discussion area and in there you will see how to update to another OS also how to back up 3rd party apps
    04-02-09 12:03 PM
    how do i get 113 without it erasing my contacts and bbm functioning the way it should. i have gone back to 109
    04-02-09 12:45 PM
    i didn't have that problem...
    if it erased your contacts, you should be able to go back to DM and restore them, hopefully you backed up before updating.
    04-02-09 01:24 PM
    I lost my bbm contacts but no others

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 02:01 PM
    i'd install .109 instead as its a lot better
    04-02-09 02:14 PM
    I just finished installing .113 (from .109).

I made a back up before starting and had to do a restore. Everything was wiped out after the install.
    04-02-09 02:16 PM
    I installed .113 yesterday with the hopes it would correct the profile issues, but I am still getting rings when in the holster. All settings are correct and I've read in many posts to go to contact settings, etc. What the **** is wrong with this phone? My Pearl had none of these problems.... Anyone have an idea of what I could possibly be doing wrong? I set it to vibrate only in the holster and no ring in the holster, yet it still rings after the vibrate, same with SMS or MMS.
    04-02-09 02:22 PM
    I installed .113 yesterday with the hopes it would correct the profile issues, but I am still getting rings when in the holster. All settings are correct and I've read in many posts to go to contact settings, etc. What the **** is wrong with this phone? My Pearl had none of these problems.... Anyone have an idea of what I could possibly be doing wrong? I set it to vibrate only in the holster and no ring in the holster, yet it still rings after the vibrate, same with SMS or MMS.
    user error....jk. try to take the phone to a store to confirm settings.
    04-02-09 02:33 PM
    were do i get the official download
    04-02-09 03:58 PM
    Does your work correctly when you have contacts with personal ringtones? It seems to work correctly with everything but the one person in my address book that has a custom ring tone. I've gone into there contact profle and made the settings use active profile and it still rings after the 1st vibrate....
    04-02-09 04:02 PM
    were do i get the official download
    There is no "official" download.

but here is the thread where you can get it http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...d-here-189149/
    04-02-09 04:58 PM
    if you have a gmail account then just use google sync
    04-02-09 05:23 PM
    I just installed 113 tonight, and made all the recommended backups - didn't need them, the upgrade worked without a hitch, but it was nice having the backups just in case.

All the EULA's came back up (you agree to this and that) for every app on the phone that had them, like I had just installed them, and I had to re-type in my registration codes for Yahtzee and Slots, but other than that, everything restored perfectly.

Your mileage may vary.
    04-02-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD